Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Treyflix

Bravo to the devs, an open letter from the community.

13 posts in this topic

I remember not too long ago, dunk said at one point adding a decay system would be impossible. Yet here we have one.

The same was said about a temperature feature. Yet one is in the works.

I don't know if anyone even dreamed about the awesome pit kiln systems and clay vessels until it was implemented.

Health and hunger overhaul? Crazy!

It's easy to think about all the amazing things TFC could have, but I think now and then we should stop and look at the amazing piece of art (and yes it is art) Bioxx, Dunkleosteus, and others have given us out of the goodness of their hearts. For free. I'd love it if everyone who reads this would take a second to say thank you to the Developers and perhaps include a snippet of our favorite feature. It doesn't have to be long, heck it doesn't need to be well thought out or grammatically correct. I just think it would be cool to have a thread the Devs could look at and see all of our appreciation in one place. To me personally that would be very motivating.

So let us give thanks! :) I'll start.

Thank you for the amazing and beautiful world gen we have! The depth, variety, and aesthetics greatly exceed vanilla.

Now my favorite aspect of minecraft (exploring) is so much more rewarding!

You have breathed new life into an already revolutionary game, to create something totally different. TFC to me, truly is the greatest game. Even though it's a mod and is still in beta!

I will be donating once I have enough spare money for it to be worthwhile.

(To you too Kitty, I have not forgotten you ;))

Cheers,

~Treyflix

True that.  You guys are rockstars.  You breathed new life into MC for me, and made something amazing.  So, big props and big love to the whole TFC team, including all the people who maintain and manage the website.  Y'all rock.

Don't want to spoil the fun of praising people, good work on the part of the devteam not being questioned - but do we really need another 'Self-proclaimed spokesman for the community thanking the developers in an open letter' thread on a single page of the forum?

It's nice that people are thankful and appreciative, but I really believe one active praise thread was working just well.

Don't want to spoil the fun of praising people, good work on the part of the devteam not being questioned - but do we really need another 'Self-proclaimed spokesman for the community thanking the developers in an open letter' thread on a single page of the forum?It's nice that people are thankful and appreciative, but I really believe one active praise thread was working just well.

I have short term memory loss, JK. But seriously, totally spaced on that thread. However, you can never have enough gratitude :)To be fair this thread is more structured than the post you mentioned. But if you really want to be the Debbie Downer here, be my guest! ;)

Hey, someone has to advocate careful, detached reason and balance enthusiastic crowds before the whole thing spirals out of control and we get total mess or even worse, sanity-defying hugfest. Be warned, you don't want a hugfest. It disturbs intellectual discussion environment with plethora of threads about love and fuzzy animals and then you just can't get threads about brutal survival environment to work :P

But I like hugs. :(

Posted Image

Sorry, I'm 100% with kitty here. Hugest!!! Woop woop

But I like hugs. :(

Sorry, I'm 100% with kitty here. Hugest!!! Woop woop

Provided sufficiently fitting circumstances, I can consider dispensing modest quantity of hugs. However, on the forums, where people should debate/discuss things.. blah.

Don't want to spoil the fun of praising people, good work on the part of the devteam not being questioned - but do we really need another 'Self-proclaimed spokesman for the community thanking the developers in an open letter' thread on a single page of the forum?It's nice that people are thankful and appreciative, but I really believe one active praise thread was working just well.

If one of these threads popped up everyday I wouldn't mind.  The devs of this modpack deserve all the praise they can get, I doubt they get enough donations to compensate them for the amount of time they could be doing other things.

Provided sufficiently fitting circumstances, I can consider dispensing modest quantity of hugs. However, on the forums, where people should debate/discuss things.. blah.

My point is this:

Yes, by the 'word of law' (A.K.A these forum's rules) I should not have started this thread. However, I am of the opinion that under the 'spirit of the law' I committed no crime. Here is why:

A big part of the point of not making duplicate threads (correct me if I am wrong here kitty), is so when the Developers and general forum users want to look at the discussion subforum, it is clean, concise, and informative.

Yes there was a minor violation of the rules on my part technically but my intentions justify the offense. "How so?" You ask? I'll make this as simple as possible to avoid any more conflict in this thread, with *sort of* a mathematical format.

Thank You's to the Developers (T for 'thank you') = said Developers feeling fppreciated (A for 'appreciation')

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Developers feeling appreciated (A) = more motivation to work (M for 'more motivation')

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

more motivation to work (M) = more work getting done (W for 'work done')

more work getting done (W) = game & community progress (Game Progress for 'game & community progress')

Or in Algebraic format, with two separate solved equations (just for simplicities sake as Math cannot measure emotional concepts... yet) it would be;

T+A+M+W = Game Progress.

Game Progress = EVERYONE HAPPY!

So in conclusion, more threads like this logically harm nothing, unless they get to the point where it becomes 'spammy'.

If that scenario happens (highly unlikely) I will stand down from protecting my position that this is does not break "the spirit of the law".

Still not convinced for some reason? Okay fine, I will set aside logic and delve into the murky depths of personal opinion, simple as ABC.

A: I started a new thread because (after much thought and deliberation) I thought (and still do) I could do it better.

B: Here is the core reason why it is okay for me to do that (I.M.H.O); I legitimately started this thread out of kindness, not vanity.

C: Therefor saying I am "'Self-proclaimed spokesman for the community thanking the developers in an open letter'" is, by my logic...

FALSE!

Now let us stop bickering and start the 'metaphorical hugs'! Because ultimately, what comes around goes around guys and gals. What would you want as a developer? Bureaucratic bickering? Or organized appreciation? Answer truthfully or not at all.

Let the 'Thanking' continue, please!

Not creating duplicate threads is only a rule in the Suggestions forum, not in the Discussion one.

Should I thank the developers and forum moderators with their helpful suggestions that i 'used up' many tens, if not more than a hundred hours playing their Minecraft overhaul mod over the course of its development? :D

Yup, i think i should. Thanks guys!!