Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Joco223

I don't know what to do with all this metals!

12 posts in this topic

Hi guys! Im new on the forums bit i have bben playing TFC for a while now. I have a lot of metals. I made all the alloys and i have 150 copper ingots and about 200 gold ingots. I really dont know what to do with them. I hope someone has a solution for that. :D :D :D

post-10562-0-42869500-1403113567_thumb.p

Damn. But where is your red steel / blue steel collection? ;-)

Damn. But where is your red steel / blue steel collection? ;-)

Hah, I didn't find  that much iron yet. I explored about 100 chunks and im making some steel right now :D

Edit: And this is still my first year on the map :D And all this copper and gold that i found was in one vein :D I don't know how it happened but its awesome!

Well, thats you wish

I use plating, because you can easily smelt them back to ingots

Also i have a "Vault" in my base. I store about 7 full ingot piles of gold there just for fun

TFC is geared towards multiplayer. That's why the veins and everything are so huge. In a single player world, that may seem like an excessive amount of metal, but on a server it would probably quickly be used up by all the new players needing tools and stuff.

And that is the exact reason why the distance between veins is huge? Looking for veins are a pain without pro-pick and the skill to do it.

And that is the exact reason why the distance between veins is huge? Looking for veins are a pain without pro-pick and the skill to do it.

I find tripple veins alot and most of the time i mine dbl's, and the pro pick isnt really that hard to master. ore all in all is super easy to come by.

I have a limonite vein, kaolinite vein, and a coal vein in one of the caves I found tht I also have no idea what to do. Tried digging down on the place where I found some tetra, but find nothing. Propick really helps there, but I don't have one D: Tried exploring crazy mountains north from my base and found kaolinite again.

All three of those ores/minerals that you listed only spawn in sedimentary rock. You do know that you have to look in the correct rock type layers in order to find specific ores, right? Obviously you aren't going to find any copper in an area that spawns limonite, kaolinite and coal, because tetra, malachite and native copper don't spawn in sedimentary stone. It is possible that you might find copper deeper down in the second or third layer if those contain a type of stone that spawns copper, but otherwise don't even bother digging there.

TFC is geared towards multiplayer. That's why the veins and everything are so huge. In a single player world, that may seem like an excessive amount of metal, but on a server it would probably quickly be used up by all the new players needing tools and stuff.

Yea, that's right