Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Maga

Simple Backpacks

7 posts in this topic

I know that this is not a new topic but I think this way of approaching it would be balanced and add to game-play.

Crafting a Backpack

8 pieces of leather surrounding a clasp.

Metal Clasp

Made on an anvil using an ingot of any metal type. The last three techniques would be pull, bend, bend.

Backpack Mechanics

The backpack adds 6 or 9 slots to the inventory and is worn in the chest slot.

The backpack can hold items so long as they are not designated as Huge

Metal type determines durability of backpack. The clasp takes 1 damage point every time the backpack is opened.

Once the clasp breaks the backpack starts to drop it's items and must be crafted with a new clasp. (or for simplicity's sake just have the backpack disappear and the items fall everywhere)

Obviously extra inventory is beneficial but wearing a backpack means no breastplate, increasing the risk of melee damage.

Let me know if you have any suggestions on how to make it a better balanced addition.

Adding slots to inventory is impossible with how MC inventory works. It has to be done as alternative UI. In case of TFC, maybe by adding new tab.

Jars are like mini backpacks. I feel that having a bunch of those is sufficient in most cases.

Adding slots to inventory is impossible with how MC inventory works. It has to be done as alternative UI. In case of TFC, maybe by adding new tab.

Well aware of this. Additional slots would indeed have to be in a new tab.

Jars are like mini backpacks. I feel that having a bunch of those is sufficient in most cases.

Ceramic vessels can't hold logs. Or anything else larger than small for that matter. You summed it up nicely when you said "most cases". There are times when I would like a backpack, and backpacks would fit nicely in TFC.

And maybe put the backpack in the quiver slot

Not against this. It would still be a handicap to the player, though not as much as the inability to wear a chest plate. Realistically the backpack would block both the chest plate and the quiver... Maybe that might be a better idea. Players could stash arrows in the backpack if they wanted, but the bow would not be able to pull arrows directly from the backpack, they would first need to be moved into the regular inventory.

I like this better actually.

In one of the TFC Tuesday streams, Dunk mentioned he and Bioxx had been brainstorming ideas for the back-slot, and that backpacks were one of the things being considered. Dunk didn't want to promise anything specific yet, but forewarned that if backpacks ever make it into the game there would be some considerable trade-offs. Maybe that will be a slowness debuff, or maybe your starting inventory will be reduced, who knows.

I would just like it because it would be cool to be a nomad and having a backpack on you so you actually look like a traveler