Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
GreenJonan

Knowledgeable TFC Suggestions

7 posts in this topic

These ideas/suggestions are general, but I will go into more depth. This topic may be edited as time passes.

From what I may suggest, they may already be suggested, but I will just resuggest them anyway.

Paper:

As you probably know, paper just is not made from sugar cane, but instead from wood and other fibourus pulp mixed with water.

Step 1: Getting wood/other plant fibre.

Step 2: Making that fibre into a pulp.

Step 3: Add water to the pulp.

Step 4: Place mixture onto a "deckle" or suspension mat, and let it drain and dry (in sunlight?).

Mentality:

Recently I have been playing a bit of "Don't Starve", one of the big things about it (Besides not starving) is that it has a mentality system. As it lowers you start to hallucinate, in seeing monsters and such. A system of your mental health can be introduced into TFC as well, it can lower when in darkness, and other things. As it starts to lower you will hallucinate as such. in order to revive your mental health a solution may be the act of sleep.

Beds:

When sleeping in beds, they SHOULD NOT set the players spawn, but instead pass MOST of the night. When you sleep you will use up a signifergant part of hunger, making the players less wanting to sleep. Straw beds will allow you to sleep only partially through the night, for normal beds that amount of time is set, but for straw beds the time is random, they let you sleep almost as long as normal beds or only a short peroid of time. On servers all players can just wake up. Both straw and wool beds will both use up the same amount of hunger when being slept in.

Spawn and respawn:

As removing the setting of spawn with beds there will be a system in place, similar to "Better Than Wolves"'s Hardcore Spawn, in which when a player dies they will respawn somewhere else in the map within a 2000 block radius of the original spawn. Thus will make players even more unwilling to die, as they will lose their entire progression, until they refind it, in which there shall be cake and parties.

Of course there must be an eventual way to set your spawn, but I will say that later, or it can be up to the developers.

Health, hunger and thirst warning messages:

Health:

Hurt: Is or lower than 50% health, then loss of sprint

Injured: Is or lower than 40% health, then slowness 1.

Wounded: Is or lower than 30% health, then slowness 2, weakness 2, unable to do heavy handwork e.g. blocking, ect.

Crippled: Is or lower than 20% health, then slowness 4-5, loss of jump.

Dying: Is or lower than 10% health, then blindness.

Dead: Is or lower than 0% health, then death.

Hunger:

Peckish: Is or lower than 40% hunger, then loss of sprint.

Hungry: Is or lower than 30% hunger, then slowness 1, weakness 2, unable to do heavy handwork, e.g. blocking, ect.

Famished: Is or lower than 20% hunger, then slowness 2, loss of jump, decrease in bow power and draw speed to half.

Starving: Is or lower than 10% hunger, then slowness 4-5.

Dying: Both hunger and fat are 0%, results in nausea and damage.

Fat:

Plump: Is or higher than 40% fat, then loss of sprint.

Chubby: Is or higher than 50% fat, then slowness 1.

Fat: Is or higher than 70% fat, then slowness 2, weakness 2, unable to do heavy handwork, e.g. blocking, ect.

Obese: Is or higher than 80% fat, then slowness 5, loss of jump, decrease in bow power and draw speed to half.

Thirst:

Thirsty: Is or lower then 40% thirst, then loss of sprint, slowness 1.

Dehydrated: Is or lower then 20% thirst, then slowness 2, nausea, unable to jump, unable to do heavy handwork, e.g. blocking, ect.

Parched: Is or lower then 10% thirst, then slowness 4-5, decrease in bow power and draw speed tp half.

Dying: Thirst bar is 0%, then blindness and damage.

Hunger and Fat:

Instead of food saturation it will be replaced with a visible white translucent fat bar on top of the hunger bar. To gain fat you need to over eat, or eat dessert foods, e.g. cake. You cannot eat while being food poisoned, eating spoiled/decayed food results in food poisoning, food poisoning is a replacement of the hunger atribute from rotten flesh. Loses fat first before hunger and therefore goes down at half speed, with losing fat, then hunger, then fat and so on.

Speed movement (roads):

Depending on the block type that the player is moving on the speed of which can change. Blocks that cause you to sink such as soul sand gives you a quarter of your normal speed. Surfaces in which would normally slow you down would give you half speed, e.g. Sand, snow, tall grass, crops. Everything else would give you normal speed. Road materials, smooth, polished and clean surfaces would give you a 2x speed, e.g. Wooden planks, gravel, cobblestone, stone.

Buckets:

For the best effect it would be good to in all get rid of red and blue steel buckets, replaced with steel/black steel and wooden buckets. They would work just like vanilla (except wood could only do water) ones, except buckets would not be able to place down a source block of liquid, instead the liquid shall disappear once being placed. This also means that when liquids are being picked up by buckets they do remove the source block (exceptions) source block.

Darkness and lighting:

While in a light level of 0 the player will receive an effect called gloom, causing the player to be slowed and more ambient/creepy noises being heard. This will reduce the players mental stats quite a lot. any block that has a brightness of 0 will be pitch black, not affected by brightness option. This will cause quite a bit of tension in caves, and mining. another idea is to have portable lighting of some kind, in the form of wax candles, crafted with wax, string and metal plate, this will give out a brightness of 10 in a small area around the player.

Fishing:

In order to fish you will need to be required to bait your rod, this can include certain mob/monster drops, such as rotten flesh and bat wings, and and new, worms. Worms can be gotten from certain patches of natural soil. There should be more types of fishes able to caught e.g. Tuna or carp. Fishing underground is impossible, fishing at night is twice as unlikely, daytime time is the same, but fishing during a full moon is twice the luck.

Garden, crops, flowers and Manure:

Manure:

Manure is an item that grazing animals can drop during the day after eating grass, cows in particular. When replanting natural farm plants (except crops) it will place a withered version of the block, in order to continue to farm the item, e.g. Berry bushes you will have to manure it. Manure can help fertilize soil, and speed up crop growth.

At the moment this suggestion is unfished, as there are more things that I do need to suggest, check back soon.

Some of the things you are suggesting are already in the game. Skipping the night in a bed does eat up your hunger and thirst, low thirst gives you slowness, and there is a chance when being attacked that you will get slowness as well (akin to having your legs wounded).

Also, I think there are better ways to discourage death than having them respawn thousands of blocks away from their home (in fact, I feel that the current death penalties are quite sufficient).

The addition of even more penalties for low health, low thirst and low hunger, although realistic, will make the game hell for any player. Although the goal of the mod is to be believable, keep in mind that this is a mod for minecraft, not a bear gryll's simulator.

The rule is one thread per suggestion(but some closely related ideas can be together, I think).

The paper making has been suggested herehttp://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/5985-with-knowledge-a-suggestion-of-writing-books-paper-pens-inks-invovled/

mentality has been rejected with the message :This is not "Don't Starve

Also, I don't know about the random respawn and warning messages, and gloom bit. This isn't BTW, and I don't think it would very much fit with TFC

Hunger and Fat:

Instead of food saturation it will be replaced with a visible white translucent fat bar on top of the hunger bar. To gain fat you need to over eat, or eat dessert foods, e.g. cake. You cannot eat while being food poisoned, eating spoiled/decayed food results in food poisoning, food poisoning is a replacement of the hunger atribute from rotten flesh. Loses fat first before hunger and therefore goes down at half speed, with losing fat, then hunger, then fat and so on.

After some testing, I'm 99.99%sure that the fat bar of BTW is not the saturation bar.

The saturation bar is like a 'shield' for your hunger. as long as you have even a squick of saturation, your hunger bar will not decrease.

The Fat bar in BTW is different from the saturation bar in that to use up the fat bar, you need to first use up your hunger. It's like a safety mechanism to protect you from starving as fast when you run out of hunger, opposed to the saturation bar which is there to prevent your hunger going down in the first place.

The way you get them and the way you lose them are completely different.

And if you make the 'fat' bar decrease before the hunger bar, only obtainable by overeating or snacks, and remove the saturation bar, your hunger bar will pretty much be running out 24/7(think of the speed the hunger bar deceases when you run out of saturation[when the hunger bar starts shaking in VanillaMC.] Do you really want to be losing hunger that fast?) non-stop unless you can

1: get a crapton of food and stuff your face

2: eat snacks like your life depends on it.

manure, or anything that can remotely be considered 'disgusting' will never be implemented(right there at 'Do not post following suggestions')

I like the bucket, movement speed, and fishing though.

But for the fishing, I suggest that you can fish underground, but at low chances(maybe catch some underground fish that is not as nutritious?)

And that a unbaited fishing rod can catch fish, but at a much reduced rate.

Also, instead of making new items like bat wings and worms, just use items we have such as spider eye, raw meat, bread, dough, or cheese(yes, bread, dough, and cheese are used as fish bait.) The food items, when crafted with the rod, can give a baited rod and use 5oz of food.

I don't get why people hate the bucket so much. There really is no reason to transport whole source blocks of liquids in TFC. I feel that red and blue steel buckets are fine as they are.

Also, although I like the idea of gloom, I don't think that having a player held candle is very feasible coding wise (since brightness works on a block by block basis (and the amount of updates it will create is going to be crazy)).

I really like the idea of having to bait for fishing though. Fishing in the game as of now is painfully slow and inefficient. Baiting might help to make fishing a more reliable source of food. Might also provide a use for the currently useless rotten flesh.

As allen said, limit your suggestions and the "i'll suggest them again anyway" is immature and disrespectful to the rules. A lot of what you said as either been suggested or put down. There will never be a mental system or the implementation of the dirtier parts of life. 

Fishing is currently being worked on by Dunk, I don't understand how your steel bucket idea is different from a wooden bucket minus that it removes a source block (making it worse than a lower tier). Road things have been discussed at great lengths and as I remember it were mostly turned down or shoveled onto the gigantic backburner this mod has.

Please reread the forum rules before posting again to improve your and everyone elses experience here, thank you.

Also, although I like the idea of gloom, I don't think that having a player held candle is very feasible coding wise (since brightness works on a block by block basis (and the amount of updates it will create is going to be crazy)). 

Well, actually there have been mods that have handheld light sources and they don't lag all that much

I

The rule is one thread per suggestion(but some closely related ideas can be together, I think).

The paper making has been suggested herehttp://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/5985-with-knowledge-a-suggestion-of-writing-books-paper-pens-inks-invovled/

mentality has been rejected with the message :This is not "Don't Starve

Also, I don't know about the random respawn and warning messages, and gloom bit. This isn't BTW, and I don't think it would very much fit with TFC

After some testing, I'm 99.99%sure that the fat bar of BTW is not the saturation bar.

The saturation bar is like a 'shield' for your hunger. as long as you have even a squick of saturation, your hunger bar will not decrease.

The Fat bar in BTW is different from the saturation bar in that to use up the fat bar, you need to first use up your hunger. It's like a safety mechanism to protect you from starving as fast when you run out of hunger, opposed to the saturation bar which is there to prevent your hunger going down in the first place.

The way you get them and the way you lose them are completely different.

And if you make the 'fat' bar decrease before the hunger bar, only obtainable by overeating or snacks, and remove the saturation bar, your hunger bar will pretty much be running out 24/7(think of the speed the hunger bar deceases when you run out of saturation[when the hunger bar starts shaking in VanillaMC.] Do you really want to be losing hunger that fast?) non-stop unless you can

1: get a crapton of food and stuff your face

2: eat snacks like your life depends on it.

manure, or anything that can remotely be considered 'disgusting' will never be implemented(right there at 'Do not post following suggestions')

I like the bucket, movement speed, and fishing though.

But for the fishing, I suggest that you can fish underground, but at low chances(maybe catch some underground fish that is not as nutritious?)

And that a unbaited fishing rod can catch fish, but at a much reduced rate.

Also, instead of making new items like bat wings and worms, just use items we have such as spider eye, raw meat, bread, dough, or cheese(yes, bread, dough, and cheese are used as fish bait.) The food items, when crafted with the rod, can give a baited rod and use 5oz of food.

I do realise all of this, therefore I shall sumerise this more, create a new topic for each subject. I highly understand that some aspects of BTW don't fit into TFC, but I just thought they would be neat ideas in revision, instead I'll create a new topic under the life/anatomy aspect, with that I shall make them more closely fit in with TFC. At the moment I understand the respawn part, but I feel that the death penalties are not suficeint enough, just my opinion. Realating to the fat bar being saturation, I didn't say that it was saturation, in BTW its meant to be a visual indicator of the saturation bar, but different in that, but I do understand. I did read the don't suggest topic, but in my opinion I don't believe that animal manure found on the ground around grazing animals can be disgusting, but I do understand. I did read the paper making topic before, but I thought I would just restate it. In all I thankyou for your feed back, in all I will summerise my suggestions, create new topics for each of them, and make sure they fit into TFC more, when I wrote it, it I was just feeling tired and sick.