Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
yubyub96

[Solved] How to install Optifine? Can it be done?

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, can someone please explain me how to install optifine with TFC, I have tried all possible manners but the GUI in the options menu won't change to Optifine's GUI. And as far as I have seen there are no guides in the forums.

also if any of you know how to install Matmos newest version which requires liteloader, I would be very happy if it could be explained how to do it.

To install optifine, you put the downloaded file in the mods folder. That's it. Just make sure that you are using a version of Optifine that is compatible with forge (1.6.4 Non-Light Versions). Unfortunately it is impossible to make the light version of optifine work with TFC.

Edit: For Matmos did you try reading the guide on the mod's website?

http://ha3.eu/public/mc-mods/matmos.php#install

Start where it says "How to run this mod with forge?"

Oh, now I see my problem, I had downloaded the light version of optifine. thanks for the help

Someone should make a topic with all major incompatibilities, even if only for the main mods used in all minecraft.

Someone should make a topic with all major incompatibilities, even if only for the main mods used in all minecraft.

http://terrafirmacraft.com/faq.html

Is this mod compatible with X mod?

[*]I have no idea. This mod uses forge and tries not to edit base classes when it can help it. However it does a lot of things that no API can help with so it must edit some base classes. As long as you aren't using anything else that edits base classes, there should be no issues usually. You will probably run into problems with recipes in those other mods. If you need to use some item that is disabled, there is an option in TFCOptions.cfg to enable vanilla recipes which will often times allow you to convert TFC items to their vanilla counterparts.

Oh, now I see my problem, I had downloaded the light version of optifine. thanks for the help

Technically speaking Optifine mentions it themselves as it specifically states in there forum topic (at least it used to be dint actually check ever since needed to know that for modded minecrafts) that the light version is not compatible with forge or modloader for that matter .... Its also mentioned on the own website obviously, somewhere under the FAQ section i think.