Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
TonyLiberatto

Cooking Mechanics Overhaul

11 posts in this topic

v Cooking Mechanics Overhaul (With Pictures)

This tread is about how we cook our food with the additions of several cooking utensils and appliances.

v  The Purpose is to have different cooking experiences depending on how advanced technologically you are.The 

v Stone Age:

Ø Firepit

§   Is already in the game and you can cook your meat .

Ø The Clay pot and Pan

§  The clay pot :

· Made in the kiln pit.

·  low durability (is made of clay) .

· It gives you access to all recipes that require boiling or cooking on a pot.

¨ Cooking rice, boiling eggs and making a soup or stew.

§  The clay pan or frying pan:  Made in the kiln pit

· low durability

· it gives you access to all recipes that require frying.

¨ Fry eggs, fry meat and fry bacon.

Ø  The Clay Oven:

Posted Image 

§  low durability

§  low efficiency it  uses a lot of wood

§  Can bake breads, pies etc…

§  How to build      

Made with 2 new blocks The Clay chimney block and the Clay oven block The Clay oven block requires at least one Clay chimney block connected to the back of the Oven. More chimney blocks can be added to the top of the first one. The chimney needs open sky to work

using the clay forming GUI

Posted Image

Just place the Raw Clay oven:

Posted Image

Now Form the Chimney Like this

Posted Image

Place The Raw Clay Chimney behind the Clay Oven

Posted Image

Open the oven interface feed 16 logs and burn (requires right click with fire starter)

Posted Image

It will take 24 in game hours for oven to be ready.

Posted Image

v Copper Age:

Ø Stone Stove:

§  Made with 2 new blocks The stone chimney block and the stone oven block The stone oven block requires at least one stone chimney block connected to the back of the stove more chimney blocks can be added to the top of the first one. The chimney needs open sky to work.

§  Middle durability

§  Middle efficiency it consumes less fuel.

§  It accepts wood and charcoal ( cooking with coal is not a good idea)

§  Just light the oven and place your pot or pan over it to start cooking.

Ø  Stone Oven:

§  Made in a similar way as the stone stove it requires the stone oven block and the stone chimney block. If placed on either side of the stone stove it makes a combo and does not need its own chimney.

§  Can bake breads, pies etc…

§  Middle durability

§  Middle efficiency it consumes less fuel and it burns longer.

How to build:

To build the stone oven you need a new tools the trowel and a new feature The masonry.

Right clicking 8 or more rocks with a trowel on the hotbar and mortar on the inventory opens up a new GUI. In the example similar to stone knapping but instead of removing pieces you would be adding then.

You have to create the oven block and the chimney block. see pictures.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

§   Even though stone and oven are made of stone humans didn’t build then until they had metal tools to work on the stone.

Ø  Historically stone stoves and ovens required a lot of maintenance since the plaster used would break down and result in a lot of smoke inside the house and heat escaping to the outside. For gameplay we can simulate that by a durability indicator.

Ø  The stone stove and oven requires mortar in its creation and needs at least a copper chisel

Ø Copper Pot and Pan

§  The copper pot:

· Made in the anvil using a metal sheet

· Middle durability

· Can Cook all recipes that require boiling or cooking on a pot

¨ Cooking rice, boiling eggs and making a soup or stew.

§  The copper pan:

· Middle durability

· Can Cook all recipes that require frying.

¨ Fry eggs, fry meat and fry bacon.

v Iron Age

Ø The iron oven

§  Made with 8 double ingots

6 - Finally getting to the Iron Age we have first the Brazier. This is a portable indestructible block. It will provide Light and heat using combustibles even more efficiently.

7 - The iron stove oven is what was used by our great grandmothers is cast iron but is a lot of iron. (Maybe a double block?) Again is indestructible but not portable. Very efficient it can cook everything and it will keep your house illuminated and warm for 24 hours with one load.

8 - As part of the Iron Age we need iron pots and pans the main advantage is that they do not break. As far as cooking you can cook the same with a clay pot or iron pot.

The main Idea for me is to make it possible for Steve to do basic cooking in all ages but having advantages in progressing technologically.

I don’t know if we should try to advance this into steel age as is a very new technology and I think out of the game scope.

Great clay oven man.

Thank you.

Working on the models for the stone oven. As soon as i have some pictures I will update the post.

Added pictures for the stone oven. I reach the limit on number of pictures so could not upload all of them.

Any one knows if this is coming to B79?

I think is great.

To be honest I don't know. There is so many things added to the mod on the  B79. I think it would be a cool feature, but at the same time I know that the Devs are really busy implementing other features.

I like how you have the chimney as 1 block instead of the furnace way with 4 blocks surrounding an air block. It always look so cumbersome.

When building my houses I want it to look nice not just functional.

It would look even better if we had smoke coming out of the chimney. 

As for bioxx state of the mod

• [*]
Casseroles will allow for the largest amount of food to be cooked at a time and can use up to 6 ingredients. But they will need to be cooked in an oven and take time to prepare.

I understand that we will have a oven for the next update. What shape and how is going to be made is something that we don't know yet.

I really hope they include my idea for the chimney block as i think it creates a lot of possibilities for the game.

Nope. I doubt it. Fully detailed blocks cause too much lag for too many people and servers. Making them a requirement would be rude. If there is a chimney block of sorts in the multiblock (if it even IS a multiblock) it should not use the detail mode of the chisel. I prefer my idea for the multiblock structure which you took and edited.

Nope. I doubt it. Fully detailed blocks cause too much lag for too many people and servers. Making them a requirement would be rude. If there is a chimney block of sorts in the multiblock (if it even IS a multiblock) it should not use the detail mode of the chisel. I prefer my idea for the multiblock structure which you took and edited.

How Is That Too Detailed?

It looks that way do too a texturepack