Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Stepie

[Solved] End of stream after a few seconds

15 posts in this topic

Edit: The solution to this issue was to uninstall netlimiter, a program that alters network protocols.

Hi,

i'm  experiencing end of stream exactly 1 min after connecting to a server with only the terrafirmacraft mod. In fact, after a few second i can't do anything because the server doesn't receive my data.

the admin of the server provide an instance for MultiMC with the mod already installed and everybody on the server have the same instance but i'm the only one with this issue.

One more thing is that we have a FTB server and i can play just fine. (same IP adress of the server with different port)

We tried different things like :

- Migration of the minecraft account

- Reboot server / PC

- Reinstallation of MultiMC / Java 

- Use of the official Minecraft launcher

- Disable firewall

- Use of a second laptop where it worked just fine

From everything above, we conclude that there is something wrong with my main computer and the mod but we don't know why so if you have any ideas, i would really appreciate because i spent a lot of time without any improvment.

Here the console log :

2014-07-13 00:04:59 [sEVERE] [Minecraft-Client] Reached end of stream for "adressserver"

2014-07-13 00:04:59 [iNFO] [sTDERR] java.net.SocketException: Socket closed

2014-07-13 00:04:59 [iNFO] [sTDERR] at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)

2014-07-13 00:04:59 [iNFO] [sTDERR] at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)

2014-07-13 00:04:59 [iNFO] [sTDERR] at org.bouncycastle.crypto.io.CipherOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)

2014-07-13 00:04:59 [iNFO] [sTDERR] at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(Unknown Source)

2014-07-13 00:04:59 [iNFO] [sTDERR] at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)

2014-07-13 00:04:59 [iNFO] [sTDERR] at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)

2014-07-13 00:04:59 [iNFO] [sTDERR] at net.minecraft.network.TcpWriterThread.run(SourceFile:121)

2014-07-13 00:04:59 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] PlayerManager Successfully removed player <PROFILE NAME>

Edited by Kittychanley
Added solution

A quick google search came up with this post from Notch:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/support/server-support/server-administration/1936869-severe-reached-end-of-stream-for-1-1-1-1?comment=2

These errors usually pop up when the Minecraft Login Servers are down. Check your server log for any plugin or java errors.

Is the console log you provided from your client, or from the server at the time that you tried to connect?

I know you stated that you tried resintalling MultiMC/Java, and that you tried the official launcher, but have you tried completely reinstalling the official launcher from scratch and then using it?

End of Streams happen when there is something interfering with the connection. What are your internet speeds like? Is there anybody else using up a bunch of bandwidth on your network (downloads, torrents, etc) ?

Hum, it has nothing to do with the minecraft login server bein down because i can connect and see other people do their thing, but the server can't get my data, like i can't mine nor pick a block for more than 5 seconds, then i get the end of stream.

Secondly, i don't have any issue with my bandwidth, i run some speed test and it's fine, I can easily connect to the FTB server and play.

Here's on the server side : 

• 2014-07-13 00:04:18 [INFOS] [Minecraft-Server] Stepoun[/XX.XX.XX.XX:53471] logged in with entity id 123949 at (8168.613826870436,156.0, -11534.396612955283)
  • 2014-07-13 00:04:18 [INFOS] [Minecraft-Server] Stepoun joined the game
  • 2014-07-13 00:05:15 [INFOS] [STDERR] java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
  • 2014-07-13 00:05:15 [INFOS] [STDERR]  at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
  • 2014-07-13 00:05:15 [INFOS] [STDERR]  at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:152)
  • 2014-07-13 00:05:15 [INFOS] [STDERR]  at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:122)
  • 2014-07-13 00:05:15 [INFOS] [STDERR]  at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:133)
  • 2014-07-13 00:05:15 [INFOS] [STDERR]  at org.bouncycastle.crypto.io.CipherInputStream.nextChunk(Unknown Source)
  • 2014-07-13 00:05:15 [INFOS] [STDERR]  at org.bouncycastle.crypto.io.CipherInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
  • 2014-07-13 00:05:15 [INFOS] [STDERR]  at java.io.DataInputStream.readUnsignedByte(DataInputStream.java:288)
  • 2014-07-13 00:05:15 [INFOS] [STDERR]  at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet.func_73272_a(Packet.java:145)
  • 2014-07-13 00:05:15 [INFOS] [STDERR]  at net.minecraft.network.TcpConnection.func_74447_i(TcpConnection.java:325)
  • 2014-07-13 00:05:15 [INFOS] [STDERR]  at net.minecraft.network.TcpConnection.func_74450_c(TcpConnection.java:549)
  • 2014-07-13 00:05:15 [INFOS] [STDERR]  at net.minecraft.network.TcpReaderThread.run(SourceFile:94)
  • 2014-07-13 00:05:15 [INFOS] [Minecraft-Server] Stepoun lost connection: disconnect.genericReason
  • 2014-07-13 00:05:15 [INFOS] [Minecraft-Server] Stepoun left the game
  • 2014-07-13 00:05:15 [INFOS] [STDOUT] PlayerManager Successfully removed player Stepoun

Which version of java are you using? Are you on a 32 or 64 bit OS?

We tried different version of java but right now i'm on the version 7 64bit.

Just small thing, but do you actually use IP adresses like 234.234.234.234:25565 to connect or a adress like myserver.org ?

Which update of Java 7? You should be using Java 7 Update 60 (64 bit).

Are you currently using any JVM arguments on your launcher? Try adding

-XX:MaxPermSize=128m

We tried that to, with the original IP adress and with the domain name.  :(

We tried that to, with the original IP adress and with the domain name.  :(

Allright nvm then, if the actually IP adress is the same the physical location of the server is the same aswell, and thus cant be related to DNS not knowing where to route you. Otherwhise "ipconfig /flushdns" in the command prompt might have had some use.

*edit: The server side log seems to indicate a packet issue though, did you try to test the connection to the servers IP-adress using commands like "pathping" or "tracert" ? if not it might be worth it to see if you have any loss in data along the route to the server.

Edited by lordbufu

I have java 7 update 60, i tried with the JVM command for the permGen and it didn't worked.

We are currently doing some test with older version of the mod and it still doesn't work.

Just so you know, we run the server with only forge on the same IP adress and I was able to play.

The only reason that I would think that you are able to connect to a forge server, but aren't able to connect to a TFC one when using the same IP address is because TFC is sending more information and packets back and forth between the server and your client. So your connection can handle the packets sent back and forth by a forge server, but TFC is sending too much info and your connection can't handle it, so it crashes.

I have a little software called netlimiter which basically show me the DL speed and UL speed of each application, when i'm logging in to the server, the UL speed is about 3 ko/s and DL speed is about 10 ko/s (far from my max UL/DL speed), then after the few seconds where I can actually interract with the world, the UL speed drop to 0 and i get the end of stream.  :wacko:

Edit : @lordbufu I tried your commands and everything works great with the packet.

Edited by Stepie

I have a little software called netlimiter which basically show me the DL speed and UL speed of each application

Does the laptop you used to test also have this sofware installed ?

Well...   :o Thanks a lot lordbufu, I uninstalled netlimiter and it worked. The admin of the server also have netlimiter but he didn't have any issue. Sorry for thinking the mod was the problem, it was the network protocol of the software.

Thanks Kitty for answering so fast too.  :)

PS : you should add this information in the usual bug section, netlimiter is a commonly used software and I don't think I'm alone in that case.

Well...   :o Thanks a lot lordbufu, I uninstalled netlimiter and it worked. The admin of the server also have netlimiter but he didn't have any issue. Sorry for thinking the mod was the problem, it was the network protocol of the software.

Thanks Kitty for answering so fast too.  :)

PS : you should add this information in the usual bug section, netlimiter is a commonly used software and I don't think I'm alone in that case.

Netlimiter is used to not only monitor but also limit network traffic, more commonly the last then the first, the reason the server admin isnt having issues with is most likely because he has nothing blocked with the software (or atleast nothing that will mess with the server).

By the looks of it your NetLimiter did have specific rules set to limit network traffic, to be more specifc it seem like it was a limit to the amount of upload on the connection, im quite sure a default installation of the program wont do any harm (that is if the configs are also removed with the deisntall you did).

A better question would be whom or what set that rule for what purpose, if you not the only user or owner of that PC someone might get pissed of that its gone ;)

Glad to be of service btw ;)