Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
XxNyssaXx

[TFC 0.79.26] 64x & 32x Nyssa's Touch of Realism - Bugfixed 3/9/16

146 posts in this topic

Another Note From The Author (3/9/16):  If your black bronze and/or copper swords are missing textures, re download to the #.#.1 version. It should fix the problem.
A Note From the Author(12/20/15):
This will probably be my last update for a while, at least until tfc2 comes out. ive just lost interest in tfc to be honest, but i will still check your comments periodically to see if i need to hot fix anything. so the pack isn't necessarily dead, just dont expect much in the future. also, a note about the armor: i hate it. i hate doing it, i hate how it looks.sorry if you dont like it. just delete the files i have and replace it with another texture pack. idk. i just could not get satisfied with it. probably had something to do with me losing interest in the pack to be honest. i am currently working hard on my vanilla version, and ill post a link to it whenever its ready.  thank you for all of your support. you guys have been great <3

WARNING: May break some builds do to the striking difference between this pack and vanilla. Making a new world is recommended. 
Not for use with vanilla minecraft. A vanilla pack is in progress! i will post a link here when its ready.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This pack is 64 and 32, however the 32 will not look as good as it could, because this pack was originally only going to be 64, so the 32 are just shrunk versions. let me know if any of the 32 textures are broken. This pack is realistic, but not ridiculously so. it still has a slight cartoon feel to it. Vanilla Minecraft version in the works now!

feel free to leave screenshots in the comments, or texture ideas. if you send me a texture that might look good in the pack, and i like it, i WILL credit you if i use it. 

Additional mod support:

Videos:

CilantroGamer's lets play:

Screenshots

Additional Screenshots can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/c0ce0

some may be a bit out of date.

Spoiler

Amwn3A7.pngy8ltI2F.png DwJpyYv.png A3LYhjW.png

j9lzjCz.png

6b8JV05.png

More pics by CorpseDrop:
http://imgur.com/a/MmyQm#0

Changelog:

Spoiler

V1.7:

• lightened up willow leaves
  • changed raw and smooth granite textures
  • changed smooth claystone a bit
  • added some more addon support
  • ARMOR UPDATE!
  • added/changed some vanilla blocks (not sure if all are even used in tfc, but i added them anyway. creative players rejoice lol
    -Rails
    -Redstone items
    -Vines
    -Cooked clay
    -item frame
    -rose
    -a few others
  • Book textures
  • Connected texture support for glass

V1.6:

• 32x:Tweaked Birch and Aspen saplings to look better after being distorted in the shrinking process
  • Put glass on a diet, making the wood frame a bit thinner
  • Reworked Cobblestone textures. all of them. (haven't gotten to the Gabbro replacements however. will get to them later.)
  • About half of the smooth stone textures reworked
  • Some raw stone textures reworked
  • Changed poppy texture to an actual poppy
  • Tweaked and changed some crops
  • Reworked Blue Orchid
  • Enhanced Plank textures
  • More GUIs
  • Fixed some copper molds no one told me looked like black bronze....
  • Unknown metal ingots and trap door
  • Vanilla iron door
  • Hopper
  • Fruit tree saplings (finally)
  • fixed white aspen double chest being another shade of green than the single chest
  • Lightened creeper texture like Balthizarlucien suggested :)

V1.5:

• All merchants blocks, some handheld items (coins and flans are finished)
  • Cellar mod 100%
  • Leather Water Sac 100%
  • Zombie noises
  • Trying out a new style of gui, let me know what you think!
  • fixed Andesite dirt
  • Lamps
  • arrow
  • flint
  • flint and steel
  • rotten flesh
  • bed (item)
  • Fixed the ironically flawed texture on the flawless gems...
  • bow texture (its pretty rough looking. if you would rather have a smoother less rugged bow, let me know!
  • Swords and Axes are now animated! oooh...shiny....
  • bears
  • Deer
  • Javelin model
  • flower pot
  • little things here and there not really worth mentioning

V1.4

• Zombie Villager
  • Creeper
  • Rescaled mushrooms
  • finished food and seed textures
  • reworked stick texture
  • reworked stone tool handle texture to match the new stick
  • banana tree
  • meter (still don't really know what its for, but texture is done nonetheless...)

v1.3

• Animated surface ores for better visibility, also making it easier to tell what is rock, and what is ore
  • Added some more vanilla textures and changed some others. better vines now!
  • um..things i forgot because i did half of this several months ago and never got around to posting it :unsure:

v1.2

• Boat
  • Explosion particles
  • Signs
  • Stained glass
  • Iron bars
  • Endermen
  • Wither Skeleton
  • Zombies (not villager)
  • Spiders
  • Creeper (placeholder atm, will change later)
  • Stained clay
  • fixed bloomery(on) door (i think)

v1.1

• Quern
  • Molten rock (off)
  • New doors!
  • Bloomery
  • Fire (taken with permission from Terrarustica)
  • Saplings
  • Paintings
  • Pigs
  • Chicks
  • Chicken/rooster
  • Wolf
  • Pumpkin/jack-o-lantern
  • Sheep
  • Recolored some tools
  • Changed item backgrounds in inventory
  • Redid tomato plants
  • Ladder
  • Added textures for the Decorations addon
  • Skeleton

v1.0

• Tweaked snow coloration
  • Blast furnace
  • Bellows
  • Kapok log tweaked
  • Clay jug&vessel
  • Molds (used TerraRustica for baseline)
  • Tweaked olive leaves
  • Gems
  • Cows & Bulls
  • Crucible
  • Bed
  • Rice plants
  • Breaking Animation
  • Iron blooms
  • Changed blueprint item
  • Redone reeds texture
  • A few random handheld items

The following GUIs have been finished:

• Barrel
  • Blueprint
  • Calendar
  • Chest
  • Fire pit
  • Forge
  • Health
  • Inventory
  • Log Pile
  • Name Tag
  • Nest Box
  • Quern
  • Quiver
  • Skills
  • Sluice
  • Vessel
  • Icons
  • Inventory

v0.09

• Maces
  • buckets
  • fire starter
  • leathers
  • torches
  • fixed hickory door texture (thanks Koolbob for pointing that one out!)
  • bedrock redone
  • lava
  • most food textures/seeds
  • bookshelf
  • anvils
  • forge
  • misc. items here and there, try and find them!

v0.08

• Rough draft of Armors
  • Item form of the ores
  • obsidian
  • bedrock
  • Charcoal block

v0.07

• Finished the crop textures from last patch
  • Bushes
  • Wool
  • Fruit trees
  • Water
  • Pond and sea weed
  • Custom sky support added! get that optifine running (kinda buggy, you might want to just go without) :)
  • Moss
  • Fire pit

v0.06

• Flowers
  • Ingots
  • Ice
  • Menu background
  • Lilly pads
  • Some Crop textures

v0.05

• Updated format to work with newer version of TFC
  • Remade Cattails
  • All new gravel textures finished!
  • All new chest textures finished!
  • Wild ores  off
  •   Fences finished (needs some tweaking but it works for now)
  • Almost all leaf textures for large trees done
  • Tweaked Kapok tree coloration some per request
  • Vines
  • fixed a few tessellation issues, more to come
  • changed poppy texture
  • fixed some textures previously not showing up
  •  

v0.04:

• Willow leaves (not sure if im satisfied, let me know what you think!)
  • Clay "ore"
  • Surface Rocks
  • Sequoia fix (still being worked on)
  • Red and Yellow Flowers

v0.02

• Farmland textures
  • Tall grass
  • All tools except the mace finished!
  • Some metal bars finished

v0.01

• All stone, however some will be re done and eventually all will have connected textures compatibility
  • all sand and dirt, once again subject to change
  • snow
  • logs (the block, not the item)
  • grass (having some problems with the tall grass, its textured but not showing up in game anymore)
  • planks
  • doors
  • chests
  • thatch
  • fire brick
  • thatch bed (some tweaking in its future)
  • peat
  • log pile
  • and a few others i cant think of atm, i will add as i remember them. 

Download:

64x v1.7.1: http://adf.ly/1Y7rWy

32x v1.4.1: http://adf.ly/1Y7rmX

Less purple Gabbro:
64x: http://adfoc.us/23874955653257
32x: http://adfoc.us/23874956120895

Previous versions:

64x:

32x:

You need TFC installed to see 90% of the textures.

Support the pack:
Copy the below code into your banner (or on a banner on another website, if you want to bring more people over to our amazing little TFC community) to show support for the pack! ill love you forever <3
I3FLYu.png

[url=http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/6252-nyssas-touch-of-realism-64x-32x-updated-71215/?p=86633][img]http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img661/2605/I3FLYu.png[/IMG][/URL]

rXcg3A.png

[url=http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/6252-nyssas-touch-of-realism-64x-32x-updated-71215/?p=86633][img]http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img908/1244/rXcg3A.png[/IMG][/URL]

Credits:

• Currently using H3D for some placeholder textures. i have outreached to the author but he has not been on in a while. If this is not OK, i will remove it per admin or author request. The only reason im even risking it is its just HD vanilla textures, so im assuming it wont be a problem...

• Thanks to my friend Koolbob1872 for scaling down to the 32x version, helping test this pack with me, giving me constructive criticism and helping to build the test world.<3
  • a thanks to Tsuarock, the creator of TerraRustica, for giving me the inspiration to create this pack, as well as giving me permission to use his textures as i see fit. see below for a list of textures being used in this pack. check out his pack here.
  • Water
  • Pond weed
  • Barley
  • Moss
  • Custom Sky
  • Fire pit
  • Used the Clay molds as a baseline for mine. same shape, different colors.
  • Fire

Music credits:

making a resource pack takes a lot of time and effort, but i enjoy doing it. im not making any money (worth speaking of,anyway... i only get like .005 cents per download....) but that's ok. however, if you guys wanted to give me a snack or buy me a drink, a littleDONATIONwould be amazing, and i would love you forever and put your name in the credits. you can remain anonomous if you want, or you can leave your name in the "instructions to seller" box <3  :)
(@ any admins here, if that ^ isn't allowed, let me know and ill get rid of it asap, i understand if its not ok to have it)

One last thing, im pretty sure i removed all of the place holder textures i used, but in case i missed some, let me know asap and i will remove it/change it. i am not intentionally taking anyone's work, so if i accidentally did, i need to know before everyone hates me. 

Edited by XxNyssaXx

Very cool, love the stone.

Yeah, the stone is awesome. That's what i want to see in a texture pack for TFC. I hope the ores and other elements will blend in nicely (but still stand out enough for mining). Tool textures should be high quality too since players will always look at them in the hotbar. 

I like these a lot. Excellent differentiation among the stone and wood.I don't care for the grass blocks though -- they just look like a random spattering of green and dark, rather than actual grass.

… YOU WILL NEED OPTIFINE(or mcpatcher) …

Are these only needed for connected textures? Looked fine without them.

FYI, if you turn mipmapping all the way up, you can reduce the sort of sparkly pixelation in the grass at a distance.  I believe that it has no real performance cost...

Great job, Nyssa!  I'll be playing with it and will know which stone i'm mining!  

Yeah, the stone is awesome. That's what i want to see in a texture pack for TFC. I hope the ores and other elements will blend in nicely (but still stand out enough for mining). Tool textures should be high quality too since players will always look at them in the hotbar. 

Tools have not been done yet, but now that you mention it, i will bump them way up the priority list. hopefully will be out within the next week or two  :)

XxNyssaXx, on 13 Jul 2014 - 1:40 PM, said:Posted Image

… YOU WILL NEED OPTIFINE(or mcpatcher) …

Are these only needed for connected textures? Looked fine without them. 

at the moment, yes, but later it will probably be a bit more necessary. also i think the 2 stones that are currently using ctm look HORRIBLE without it, hence why i went ahead and did it. but, if you like it without, go right ahead. 

also, i kind of like the grass as is, but ill probably make some alternate textures in the future for people to pick from. i already have an extra chest texture, and im sure more will come as well. 

Hope you guys like the update!

new update will be released sometime this week.

no update this week due to lack of drive caused by lack of apparent interest in the pack now. even my own friends haven't given me any feedback :/

I made an account here just to tell you how much I LOVE this pack!! Can't wait for more updates! I would also love to see the ores/visual ore guide. I will post screenshots asap!

I particularly love the grass and rock blocks. SO BEAUTIFUL! This really makes my minecraft a new experience. 

What shader mod are you using?

Thank so much for this awesome pack!!!!

I'm using this pack too, it looks great! Rock caverns are amazing, especially in the striped rock layers. I just wish kapok wasn't so purple :)

I'll try to post screenshots when I get around to actually play the game.

I'm using the SEUS Lite shader and added some of John Smith's ressources: particules, sky, moon and sun. The shader adds its own clouds and the result is real good.

im glad to see people are still using this pack! i recently started working on it again, so expect an update this week or so!

AWESOME!! So glad you are working on it again!!

<3

I voted wildflowers because the terrain looks so beautiful but those are always an eyesore and out of place with the vanilla textures. I would love to see inventory items and UI next though!!

is that before the update i did tonight? i see the gravel isnt done yet in that one

Did not see there was an update due to sleep zombie eyes.

I took a new picture of gravel with the updated pack.

The screenshots album also has a new adress:  http://imgur.com/a/MmyQm#0  and it should remain.

Will post new screenshots once in a while.

Here's a weird screenshot, is it normal to have green sand? (Schist zone)

Also the ice in plains biome is blue, while beach ice is white.

http://i.imgur.com/VnMVvDy.png?1

Oh and while I do like the frog sounds, its a bit silly to hear them when the water is frozen :)

Is it possible to make frogs croak only above a certain temperature?

Here's a weird screenshot, is it normal to have green sand? (Schist zone)

Also the ice in plains biome is blue, while beach ice is white.

http://i.imgur.com/VnMVvDy.png?1

Oh and while I do like the frog sounds, its a bit silly to hear them when the water is frozen :)

Is it possible to make frogs croak only above a certain temperature?

Schist is a green rock, so it makes sense that the matching sand is green.

Blue ice is frozen fresh water. White ice is frozen salt water.

It is not possible for a resource pack to make frogs croak only above certain temperatures, that would have to be a change within the code of the mod itself.

i haven't gotten to the ice yet, so im pretty sure that's the vanilla set up, unless i just forgot about doing it. and the sand is supposed to be green, though i have thought about toning it down a bit. and as kitty said, i cant change when the frogs croak, sorry D:

The schist in Nyssas pack is not green so I didn't see the correlation.Next time I'll switch ressource packs to tell if a feature is vanilla TFC or not. :)

Schist is a green rock, so it makes sense that the matching sand is green.

Blue ice is frozen fresh water. White ice is frozen salt water.

It is not possible for a resource pack to make frogs croak only above certain temperatures, that would have to be a change within the code of the mod itself.

schist is green in my pack, what are you talking about?

schist is green in my pack, what are you talking about?

Nevermind, my shader makes torches give out reddish light, so schist appeared brownish. 

I removed the wildflowers from the poll as i have completed them, and they will be included in the next patch sometime between Sunday and Monday. feel free to vote again if you voted for them. 

I removed the wildflowers from the poll as i have completed them, and they will be included in the next patch sometime between Sunday and Monday. feel free to vote again if you voted for them. 

Awesome!! Can't wait for the update! Thanks!!