Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
DavidTheFighter

Chunk Corruption + High Memory Allocation

9 posts in this topic

I was playing in my TFC world getting graphite (FINALLY) and when I came back to my house, there was an unloaded chunk next to my forge. I pressed F3 + A to try to fix it, didn't work. Tried restarting Minecraft, didn't work. When I went back in, I sneaked to the border of the chunk, and it pushed me back each time. After that, my memory allocation went through the roof. Now, each time I try to load up the world, I start at 2 fps and 90% memory used. Here's a screenshot (takes forever to get when you're running 0fps):

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b560/DandDMC/2014-07-15_211419_zps74d53bd7.png

I'm thinking that this might be some kind of chunk corruption, followed with some serious memory leaking. Is there anyway to fix this? Or am I going to have to spend 6 hours trying to find graphite again? :) Thanks!

Have you tried uninstalling Optifine? Also, TFC needs at least 1GB allocated as a minimum in order to run smoothly without many issues. It looks like you don't even have that allocated as a max.

Holy crap, that's a speedy reply. Wow! Uninstalling Optifine changed my 0fps to 3fps, so not much there. I tried giving Minecraft 2GB of memory, when I loaded the world, I wasn't lagging as much. Mabye 20fps. But only 4 or 5 of the chunks around me load, no matter where I go. And I'm still getting bad lag spikes. Not sure what's going on here. I even tried F3 + A to see if that would work. Thanks for your help!

Try installing OptiFine 1.6.4_HD_D1 instead of using the ultra version. That should help with some of the chunk loading without causing as much issues as the ultra version does. You can also try using the following JVM Arguments to help performance slightly:

-Xmn1G -Xms2G -Xmx2G -XX:NewSize=512M -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -d64 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+AggressiveOpts 

In the future, please use the official template for posting bugs, so that we can get all of the information that we need. Specifically, the version number of TFC that you are using, and any and all other mods that you currently have installed.

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/4662-read-before-posting-7817-official-bug-list/

Template for Reporting:Version #:SSP/SMP (Single/MultiPlayer):Suggested Name:Suggested Category: Severe-Annoying-MinorDescription:Have you deleted your config files and are still able to reproduce this bug?: Yes-No*If you answered no to the above question, delete your config files and try to reproduce the bug. This question is here because many bugs are caused by mistakes in config files. All bug reports should have an answer of "Yes" to this question.Do you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed?: Yes-NoIf yes, which mods?Pastebin.com link of the Crash Report:

Please try zipping up your world and giving it to us here to see what happens when we load it.

Edit: after trying what kitty said

I tried installing Optifine1.6.4_HD_1 and tried all of the JVM args, didn't do much. Only the chunks within a 16 block radius are being loaded, minus the original corrupted chunk. For the world download, it's about 70 MB, but oh well. https://www.mediafire.com/?7fbj37c6f9b9cea I'm baffled by what the heck is going on. Thanks for the help!

Edit: And I'll make sure to use the bug format later. I knew there was one, but I forgot about it :)

While I'm waiting, here's a the bug derived from the format:

Version #: 0.78.17SSPSuggested Name: Corrupted Chunks + High Memory UsageSuggested Category: SevereDescription: Only the chunks within 16 blocks of you load, and one of the chunks in it is corrupted. There's also high memory usage, and extreme lag spikes.Have you deleted your config files and are still able to reproduce this bug?: YesDo you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed?: Yes - Optifine1.6.4_HD_D_1No crash report to be posted.

Intresting, i thought i help a bit trying to load this into my client and see what it does for me.

But man, that is one load of errors popping up in my launcher, my CPU shoots upto a 100% instantly and the world refuses to load more then a 3x3 grid in chunks before giving up and hanging up. After that its all going down hill, but not issues with memory for me though, had plenty to spare for java to use it dint seem to go over 2GB of RAM.

Here are a few errors i had, with the first few being the most important once i think.

2014-07-16 21:49:25 [SERVER] [SEVERE] Chunk file at 2,-936 is in the wrong location; relocating. (Expected 2, -936, got 14, -943)2014-07-16 21:49:25 [SERVER] [SEVERE] Chunk file at 4,-935 is in the wrong location; relocating. (Expected 4, -935, got 11, -932)2014-07-16 21:49:25 [SERVER] [SEVERE] Chunk file at 5,-935 is in the wrong location; relocating. (Expected 5, -935, got 5, -939)2014-07-16 21:49:25 [SERVER] [SEVERE] Chunk file at 6,-937 is in the wrong location; relocating. (Expected 6, -937, got 6, -934)2014-07-16 21:49:25 [SERVER] [SEVERE] Chunk file at 9,-941 is in the wrong location; relocating. (Expected 9, -941, got 10, -942)2014-07-16 21:49:26 [SERVER] [SEVERE] Chunk file at 10,-933 is in the wrong location; relocating. (Expected 10, -933, got 14, -942)2014-07-16 21:49:27 [SERVER] [SEVERE] Wrong location! EntitySquidTFC['Squid'/147, l='TerraFirmaCraft Survival', x=175,63, y=133,00, z=-14927,63]

Last one on that list i get like tons of that clutter my log like crazy sauce, but they seem to be related to the first set.

Seems to be your chunk files got corrupted some how, but maybe the devs can find something else, i could not do much at all before everything hung up and crashed on me without a crash log to work with.

*edit*

Actually it seems my launcher woke up right before i closed it, still no proper error log though, but this is the last thing my launcher tells me after i try to save & quit the world via a normal way (witch fails). The launcher stays unresponsive for a long time and i have to eventually close it true the taskmanager as its taking about 75% of my processor time for unknown reasons.

2014-07-16 23:12:01 [SERVER] [SEVERE] Encountered an unexpected exception ReportedExceptionnet.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Ticking tile entity    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:674)    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:587)    at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:175)    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException    at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.NetClientHandler.func_72552_c(NetClientHandler.java:841)    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.sendPacket(FMLClientHandler.java:511)    at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.PacketDispatcher.sendPacketToServer(PacketDispatcher.java:38)    at net.minecraft.src.ModLoader.sendPacket(ModLoader.java:858)    at TFC.ClientProxy.sendCustomPacket(ClientProxy.java:523)    at TFC.TileEntities.TEFoodPrep.func_70299_a(TEFoodPrep.java:489)    at TFC.Core.TFC_Core.handleItemTicking(TFC_Core.java:1009)    at TFC.Core.TFC_Core.handleItemTicking(TFC_Core.java:972)    at TFC.TileEntities.TEFoodPrep.func_70316_g(TEFoodPrep.java:38)    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:2209)    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:550)    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:668)    ... 4 more

Seems rather generic though, not sure if that helps but seems the Squid Entity errors is causing the crash/hangup for me. I can walk around in the 3x3 chunk grid, but cant interact as the Virtual server is busy loading those squid errors and they seem to be never ending. I could not let it go on as it was taking all processor time, if i was able to let java finish i would proll get a decent error log from it as well.

Edited by lordbufu

I basically have the same results as you. The crazy processor usage is probably from all of the error logging, from coding expirience when 4000 things are being logged, it tends to lag your computer. And for me my ENTIRE computer gets sudden lag spikes. And normally, Minecraft & TFC only use up to 700MB and I don't know why it's using 1024 - 2048 with this world. I got bored so I started a new survival world, and it worked perfectly. No corrupted chunks, ect.

Edit: I remember that there was a squid in the first corrupted chunk, floating (only after than was every last chunk on the planet was corrupted). And some of the errors point to the squids (DARN THOSE SQUIDS! GO BUTTER!). I went into MCEdit, the world loaded perfectly in MCEdit, go figure, and I tried to delete the squid. For some reason, it wouldn't let me. I then tried deleteing some pigs from my farm and that worked. I'm not sure what's going on with this; I've never even heard of this happening  before.