Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Gizmo2000

Invisible pigs and broken chickens

17 posts in this topic

I just created a new world in TFC 0.78.17, and i did not use any commands or programs to manipulate the world. But i have a few problems mow.

Problem 1 - I found some pigs, but i can't see them, i can hear them, i can feed them and i can see if they are male/female. I have checked a copy the world in mcedit and the pigs are there!

Problem 2 - I have also found a weird looking deer and chicken (sounds like a chicken), see the images.

Am i the only one with this problem or did any of you try the same and what did you do to correct it?

Hope you can help and thanks :-)

post-12189-0-09950300-1406196716_thumb.p

post-12189-0-09667100-1406197648_thumb.p

This is age related. Somehow, the in-game date is before the birthdate of these animals. Have you adjusted the in-game time in any way? Have you changed the time of day in any way, shape, or form? Any way of doing this without using TFC's overwritten "time set" or "time add" commands will cause a problem.

If you need it to be day or night, use "time set day" or "time set night". These will set the time to the NEXT day, whereas by default it would set it to the FIRST day.

Okay, as i said in my first post; i did not use any commands or programs to manipulate the world. I only play with legit craftable objects in this game.

The only time "manipulation" i have used, is the bed (3x planks, 3x wool) to sleep through the night.

The ingame time of my game is 7 november 1000, and it looks about right. The tempature is falling, leaves are changing colors and it's my first season in this game, so i think it looks right.

The weird looking deer and chicken, is that because of the birthdate too?

Can i check the birthdate of the animals somewhere in the savegame or through mcedit?

I had the same problem with chicken on a newly created world. No modifications, fresh world

I had the same problem with chicken on a newly created world. No modifications, fresh world

Did they became visible later on or did you create a new world?

It was only a test world, i deleted it shortly after. That was my only encounter of chickens :D

Have you perhaps edited the yearLength value in your config files?

Also, that baby bird is actually a pheasant, not a chicken.

Have you perhaps edited the yearLength value in your config files?

Also, that baby bird is actually a pheasant, not a chicken.

No, i did not edit any config files. Sadly, i don't even know how to do that kind of stuff...

Not all animals in my game is invisible, i have found pigs, deers, sheeps and pheasants. But untill now they were all male, i don't hope my game is damaged, so that it only makes male animals...!

Nice, i have a baby pheasant in my backyard. Hopefully it will grow up one day  :)

Where did you download the mod from? This website?

Yes, from the download link at the top of this site.

I use the following:

MineCraft 1.6.4

Forge 9.11.1.965

TerraFirmaCraft 0.78.17

MCP 8.11

FML 6.4.49.965

I believe that this is the right way to run the game, i have followed the guide on the download page. I have no other mods/resource packs installed.

I just remembered.... When i made this new world, i did'nt use the "create new world" button, i selected my old world and used the "re-create" button. (so that it would use my old world seed to create the new word)

Could this have any effect on the new world that is created?

I just remembered.... When i made this new world, i did'nt use the "create new world" button, i selected my old world and used the "re-create" button. (so that it would use my old world seed to create the new word)

Could this have any effect on the new world that is created?

possibly

How does the calender work, does it count years or seasons? Because i just got to january 2, the start of the second year (year 1001), but the year is still 1000 when i check the calender...

If i want to correct the date/year in the config files, what file and program will i have to use to do that?

How does the calender work, does it count years or seasons? Because i just got to january 2, the start of the second year (year 1001), but the year is still 1000 when i check the calender...

If i want to correct the date/year in the config files, what file and program will i have to use to do that?

I have a world that my nephew uses that has done this. He is in summer of his second year and it is saying it is the year 1000. My other worlds are correct with the year. Not sure why one world would do this and the other worlds be correct.

I have a world that my nephew uses that has done this. He is in summer of his second year and it is saying it is the year 1000. My other worlds are correct with the year. Not sure why one world would do this and the other worlds be correct.

Yeah sound weird. My first world worked fine (still works fine), but i were new to the game at that time and made some mistakes. So i wanted to start over, and now the time fails...

Have you been able to change it to the correct year? Or do you know where and how to do it?

Yeah sound weird. My first world worked fine (still works fine), but i were new to the game at that time and made some mistakes. So i wanted to start over, and now the time fails...

Have you been able to change it to the correct year? Or do you know where and how to do it?

Unfortunately I don't know how to correct the date, and if I did, I would be afraid it might mess up things more than fix. Crops might disappeared etc, might starve to death cause of being a year in the future etc.....When the world gets to the next year, (currently in July of the second year), and it fails to advance again, we might consider the world lost and play with finding and trying to correct the date. Sorry I couldn't help.

I have som new infomation about my little time problem...

I have opened the level.dat file from three different worlds in NBTexplorer and the world with the bugs are only halfway past the time it should be, and after putting in a more correct number, all the "bugged" animals became normal...

Let me show you some numbers:

World 1 (no problem here)

Ingame date: around 5 febuary 1001

level.dat file - daytime : 4.528.651

level.dat file - time : 2.791.940

World 2 (problem with animals)

Ingame date: around 5 febuary 1000 (but the year should have been 1001)

level.dat file - daytime : 2.264.045

level.dat file - time : 1.378.714

World 3 (new world, about 30 seconds ingame play)

level.dat file - daytime : 576.356

level.dat file - time : 356