Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Letrus

[Solved] Can't seem to allocate ram

10 posts in this topic

I have tried several things and searched for hours but I just can't seem to allocate any more ram. 

Info

-64-bit operating system

-Current JVM argument in my profile that runs it with just 1G "-Xmx1G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M"

I replied to your youtube comment.

Yeah I know. It didnt work for some strange reason.

Did you read all of my replies? There were 3 in total

Here are all 3 of my replies, if you can't find them:

Edit the profile on the launcher. Check the box that says JVM Arguments. To set it to 1Gb min and 2Gb max put "-Xmn1G -Xms2G -Xmx2G" without the quotes in the box.

Where in the world did you get those arguments? Two of those are really outdated and aren't going to do anything. Also you should always do the memory allocations as the first arguments in the string. You're also setting the min to a value that is LOWER than the Minecraft default, when you should be setting it to AT LEAST 1GB in order to run TFC smoothly. If you want garbage collection arguments and you don't want to set the Max any higher than 1GB, then you should use these arguments EXACTLY in this order: -Xmn1G -Xms1G -Xmx1G -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+AggressiveOpts 

It should also be noted that if you are running a 32bit OS, you will not be able to set any of the memory allocation to anything higher than 1GB. That is a limitation of 32 bit java. If you are running a 64bit OS, you need to make sure that you have 64bit java installed in order to allocate more than 1GB.

When I try your reordered command it quickly opens then closes something. 

Are you using the reordered command exactly as I wrote it, or did you edit it to try and be more than 1GB??

Double check which version of java you have installed. It should be Java 7 Update 65 (64 Bit). If it doesn't have (64 Bit) in the name, then it it is only 32bit java, and cannot handle more than 1GB of allocated memory. If you have any versions installed that are not Java 7 Update 65 (64 Bit), you need to make sure that you uninstall them so they do not conflict. You should only have the single version installed.