Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
flamewolf393

How to make this mod work?

22 posts in this topic

So no matter what I do, this mod never activates. I followed the instructions on the installation page, and I even made sure to run minecraft as the 1.6 version since thats the latest version this mod is compatable with.

And yet nothing changes from normal minecraft. How do I make this mod actually work?

Did you change the profile on the vanilla launcher to Forge? Or are you still using the one for your username?

Did you try watching the video on the installation page? 

When you load up the world, does the title screen show in the bottom left corner that you have forge installed? If so, is there a mods button on the title screen as well? When you click on the mods button, what all does it list as currently installed, and what versions?

No, bottom left corner just says Minecraft 1.6.4, and there is no mods button anywhere.

Then the profile isn't running forge. You're still using the vanilla profile. Open up the launcher, click Edit Profile, and then change the Use Version to say

release 1.6.4-Forge9.11.1.965

It will look something like this:

Posted Image

No. You didn't. Because if you did, it would say Forge in the bottom right corner, and you would have a mods button on the title screen.

Are you changing the Use Version on the profile that you actually have selected when you hit play? Or are you changing the use version, hitting save, and then changing back to a different profile and launching that?

Why would I change back to a different profile? Im trying to run forge so of course Im starting with the forge profile. Is there maybe some kind of bug that would cause forge to just not load even if you tell it to run?

No, there is not. Try running the forge installer one more time. If it still doesn't work after that, I want you to take and upload the following screenshots:

1. Your Edit Profile Screen (You can blur out the Username in the directory listing for privacy if you so wish, but please leave the rest of it intact).

2. Your Launcher Screen just as you are about to hit "Play"

3. Your "mods" folder (Once again, you can edit out the username, but I need to see the rest of the full directory path)

What installer? Minecraft doesnt need an installer for forge anymore. The 1.7 versions come with forge built into the client now.

.... No they don't? And TFC is still on 1.6.4.

If you actually followed the instructions and the video exactly like you said, you would see that you need to download the Forge installer from the forge website, and run it.

Edit: You also need to make sure that you install the correct version of forge. If your Use Version box does not EXACTLY say:

release 1.6.4-Forge9.11.1.965

Then you do not have forge installed.

Oh so not only do we have to run the older version of minecraft we have to specifically install an older version of forge over the current version that is built in to the client? I guess that makes a bit more sense XD

Sorry I got confused and thought maybe the intructions just hadnt gotten updated since the the mod itself hadnt been updated... I was wondering why the video still showed having to manually install forge.

Yeah... its working now. I feel like a dunce XD

Though I seem to be unable to properly use fullscreen with this mod enabled. In fullscreen mode it only takes up about 2/3 of the screen and the rest is black or show menu glitches.

So I've just gone into the #minecraftforge IRC channel and asked specifically. NEVER is forge EVER already built into the client. Even in 1.7.10 you have to install it yourself.

I repeat, there is not a single version of forge ever that is already installed when you use the vanilla launcher. I have no idea where you heard this rumor, or what made you think that is true, but it's wrong.

If you can find me a single source that shows the vanilla client coming with forge pre-installed that is actually factually correct, I will change your forum title to "The All-Knowing."

What installer? Minecraft doesnt need an installer for forge anymore. The 1.7 versions come with forge built into the client now.

From the entire irc.esper.net/#minecraftforge channel:

Posted Image

Yeah, there's not dedicated launcher anymore, but with the addition of 

***GAME PROFILES***

there will be a

***GAME PROFILE***

set up within your client. In order to generate this 

***GAME PROFILE***

you must first run the 

~~~INSTALLER~~~

that can be found conveniently at http://files.minecraftforge.net, you know, under the little

~~~INSTALLER~~~

link.

Have fun running mods on your built in Forge profile  :D

So then how is it that I had the most recent version of forge without ever having installed it before or running mods before?

So then how is it that I had the most recent version of forge without ever having installed it before or running mods before?

What exactly makes you think that you have the most recent version of forge installed?

Because you got haxed. Or someone else did it for you and you didn't know. Either way, I'm a modder, and I've actually done some work for forge itself, and what you're saying is wrong.

If you have Forge installed, but in bottom left corner it only says Minecraft-1.6.4 and no Forge version is displayed, then you don't have Forge installed, simple as that.

Try ticking the 'resolution' box BUT don't change the numbers yet. It should maximize properly. Still not working? Set the numbers to your screen's resolution.