Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
wassupyo

Better burning

6 posts in this topic

I feel that wood floating in the air doesn't really stick with the feel of "realism" so i think wood should fall, so when a house is burning it burns down, leaving behind rubble to recover or leave. Another thing is if wood burns, once its done it becomes charcoal, and fire should spread across dry grass and just more realistic fire physics. I know it might be a bit much to ask but i think its would be amazing to watch a house burn down!

Charcoal is produced from pyrolysis, not combustion

You have to create a charcoal pit, so there is insufficient oxygen to cause significant combustion.

First of all, TFC is not trying to achieve "realism." You can read my signature for information on that part.

Secondly, this is Minecraft. A key point of Minecraft is building. If we make every single block affected by gravity, this would make the awesome builds that people create near impossible.

But I'd like if if wood on fire turns to 'charred wood' that is effected by gravity and gives nothing back when broken.

It would be fun, and open up so much more possibilities in trap-making.

Also, I'd like it if fire can stay on falling blocks, as long as it's combustible.

one advantage of building with wood is that it holds its shape while it burns.  If a steel structure catches on fire, the steel heats up and bends, and the building falls down.  If a wooden house catches fire, it will stay standing until the bottom floor is mostly ash, giving you time to gtfo

But it does collapse eventually, no?

And there is no reason for wood to get gravity-effected the moment it catches on fire, it could be just like normal, but instead of disappearing when it 'burns out', it could turn to 'charred wood' and collapse.

That way, a house on fire will collapse, but not until it burns out to 'ashes'.