Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Thrainn

Spawn Point

10 posts in this topic

This problem bugged me for a long time, just never thought of posting it here ...

When travelling large distances, I like to bring a bed with me (like most players do, I guess). So, the problem is, when I die underway while having the bed in my inventory, I'd spawn with nothing on me back at the original Spawn Point, which would be OK, if your base is near that, but is quite catastrophic, if you chose to settle quite some distance away, which could easily result in several more deaths on the way back to base due to lack of equipment/food/water!

So would it in some way be possible to change your permanent spawn point to where you chose to settle down? Maybe build a structure like a shrine or obelisk, or simply make a stationary straw bed some kind of secondary spawn point if your bed is "destroyed or obstructed"?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I think they mean something like the /spawnpoint command but without using cheats... So like permanently change your spawn point. Which is way over powered

I don't see why it shout be overpowered, if you change it only once - it would just be as setting up your base at spawn point.

@Kitty - I know that, of course, but thats not what I meant ;)

The spawn point of the currently available straw bed is only valid until you pack it up or overwrite it with another bed.

I think the better solution to this problem is something like the OpenBlock's sleeping bag. It's an item that you use to sleep in a spot, without changing your spawn point to something other than your home bed.

I think the better solution to this problem is something like the OpenBlock's sleeping bag. It's an item that you use to sleep in a spot, without changing your spawn point to something other than your home bed.

You mean the one which causes you to fly backwards and suffocate in the next wall you meet? No thanks :Dhttp://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/5761-incompatibility-open-blocks/Otherwise, yeah, that's kind of what I was looking for ...

Oh wait, is your problem that you want to sleep nights while traveling long distances, but don't want to have sleeping the nights re-set your spawnpoint to wherever the heck you spawned?

I have an idea.

Right now, breaking a bed you slept on resets your spawn to the world spawn, even if you slept on another bed before you slept on the bed you broke, right?

I'd like it if something like this happened: Instead of resetting your spawn to the world spawn, breaking a bed resets your spawn to the bed you slept at before you slept in the bed you broke

For example, lets say I sleep on bed A. Then I sleep on bed B, then I break bed B and die.

Then, instead of spawning at the world spawn, I spawn at bed A.

I think the best would be if sleeping on a bed would change your spawn point to that location. It should not mater if the bed is there or not.

Suppose I will travel 10,000 blocks and I finally found whatever I was looking for if I die I rather re-spawn on the place where I last slept then on a base 10,000 blocks away.

But what if I'm traveling, and I don't want to move during the night or AFK the night away?

A way to skip the night yet still have your spawn be your base would be quite nice for exploring.

But what if I'm traveling, and I don't want to move during the night or AFK the night away?A way to skip the night yet still have your spawn be your base would be quite nice for exploring.

Yeah, that's exactly, what I meant. What Djakuta was suggesting could really be considered overpowered, because that way death wouldn't really matter anymore, would it?I like to be forced to be careful and avoid to die, otherwise be punished. If you ran 10km from you base then die, well, you have to run again to get your stuff back and be careful. It's just that if your base is far away from Spawnpoint, that punishment is a real bad pain in the current version. Especially if your death was caused by one of the "traps" in the current world gen, which are almost impossible to avoid (eg. fall to your death into a Ravine covered by one block dirt).My most painful death was caused by placing a torch too close to the dirt roof of a cave, after exploring for several hours in the nomadic stage. Btw, is it in some way ever possible to get your stuff back after having died due to a cave-in/suffocated?? I dug fanatically around at the place, never found anything anymore...Sorry for trailing off, again, I would be very happy, if something like what AllenWL suggested would be implemented!