Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
goken

[Solved] Sluice Problem

9 posts in this topic

Okay, I am not new to Terrafirma, and I just updated to 1.6.4, and i am trying to create a sluice using the same formula as 1.6.2. However it is not working. Now I feel like an idiot because it seems like all the patterns have changed, and I can't seem to figure this out and I can't continue in the game looking for ore by topside if I want to press forward. Any suggestions?

there is no sluice they took it out in this build.

Look at the wiki for it, if its still there.

They did huh... well son of a gun... they still have it on the wiki. I wondered why it said removed. Now I feel like a bigger idiot. Thank you for your help.

Look up gold pan on the wiki.  Still works and should earn you enough copper to get started.

I usually stockpile the copper nuggets until I find enough other ores to pour one of the other bronzes.

Pretty sure you can get sluices from the creative inventory, but I haven't got it to work yet.

The Sluice is still listed on the wiki because we didn't take it out entirely. We simply disabled the crafting recipe for it in 78 until we have a chance to rewrite the way that it works.

At the very top of the Sluice's page on the wiki there is a disclaimer in a big yellow box, as well as some text in big red letters that I'm surprised you missed:

This item has been officially removed or made unobtainable.
It can still be obtained using third-party software. However, this can cause unexpected behavior such as bugs and crashes.

As of 0.78.4 the sluice is disabled until it can be rewritten.

Speaking of it how do you get it to work (in creative)?

The changes we made in 78 pretty much broke functionality entirely, which is why we disabled the crafting of it in the first place. You can try getting it to work with salt water, but there is no guarantee that it works even in creative.

Yeah cause when I tried it, all the items just didn't go in, couldn't move them into the interface either. Oh well, till the next update at least.

(If only we could craft hoppers and automatically create sand...)