Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jivix

Having issues with Cassiterite (Cassiterite Blues)

12 posts in this topic

On our server we're having trouble getting Cassiterite. We have about 40 iron and copper bars each, but we can't find any cassiterite to make bronze so we can upgrade to iron tools. We got fed up with it and started looking in all the nearby granite layers (We had one under our base about 1,500 blocks wide, and several others we had located further away). When our prospector picks didn't pick up anything on the surface, we went into creative mode and cut halfway into the layer and proceeded to scan underground. 3 hours and 2 full granite layers later we still haven't even picked up on a trace of Cassiterite.

Compare this to singleplayer, where I found Cassiterite within 5 minutes of scanning the surface of a granite layer. I think it's supposed to be much more common than this. We'll keep looking, though.

I feel for ya mate, Cassiterite does indeed seem very finicky in its generation. =S

I have played several single player worlds since b2pre5 and searched for hours, in creative mode, without ever finding a trace of it. In one world I had to wander for hours before even finding a surface granite layer. (That was the worst... lol). Then a couple days ago I started a pre16 server with a friend and managed to find Cassiterite within 'just' an hour's search. Compared to previous efforts that's fast, so I was happy. Still, (insert curse words here).

Anyway, I hope you manage to find some soon! Would be a shame to have to hack it in via creative. =/

I know how you feel! Hopefully we'll get some, I really hope the extremely massive veins I've seen on gameplay videos make a comeback. These little piddly pre16 veins are a real disappointment when you've spent an hour on the surface looking for them.

Ok, I've been playing on a singleplayer world for a while now. I happened to make my house right next to 3 gold veins, I thought this was going to be my lucky day. Unfortunately gold must be used in alloys. I went looking for awhile and this is what I've found so far:

-3.5 stacks of Native Gold AKA alloy only

-8 stacks of Garnierite (Nickel) AKA alloy only

-20.5 stacks of Kaolinite (No use at all)

-12 stacks of Magnetite (AKA useless until I get copper & bronze)

-TONS of bituminous coal (Useless without anything worthwhile to smelt)

-TONS of Jet (No use)

Sigh. I can't find anything useful. Bloody hell.

Ok, I've been playing on a singleplayer world for a while now. I happened to make my house right next to 3 gold veins, I thought this was going to be my lucky day. Unfortunately gold must be used in alloys. I went looking for awhile and this is what I've found so far:

-3.5 stacks of Native Gold AKA alloy only

-8 stacks of Garnierite (Nickel) AKA alloy only

-20.5 stacks of Kaolinite (No use at all)

-12 stacks of Magnetite (AKA useless until I get copper & bronze)

-TONS of bituminous coal (Useless without anything worthwhile to smelt)

-TONS of Jet (No use)

Sigh. I can't find anything useful. Bloody hell.

You and me both... just had a single player world where i settled right next to a surface layer of granite. 3 hours of searching and not even traces of anything at all. just dropped that world and made me a new one. found a whole mountain of all kinds of goodies. Vein after vein of limonite and magnetite in it. but i can't for the life of me find any granite within 1k blocks either direction of it. so no chance to get that crucial first tin to get started.

I guess the gods of random just don't like us today.

Having that issue as well. I found a nice place to build then started digging. There is only 1 cluster/vein of cassiterite in the area. I scoured the whole cave system that it spawned in and found nothing else at all. I'm going to hop into creative and see if there's even anything else there.

Also, I noticed, that the entire cavern has flat spots at level 145 (or 143? somewhere around there). The whole cave levels off/ends at that level, so I think the cave gen. needs a little more tweaking

Well on the bright side I have about 8 stacks of coal and 16 stacks of clay that are totally useless for me until I can find some other stuff. I've resorted to using stacks of sticks to make stacks of ladders, then I just find new areas and dig down. So far I haven't hit granite, but hopefully I will soon. I keep finding unusual layers I haven't seen before (I spawned on Andesite which was on top of Chalk and Slate).

Having that issue as well. I found a nice place to build then started digging. There is only 1 cluster/vein of cassiterite in the area. I scoured the whole cave system that it spawned in and found nothing else at all. I'm going to hop into creative and see if there's even anything else there.

Also, I noticed, that the entire cavern has flat spots at level 145 (or 143? somewhere around there). The whole cave levels off/ends at that level, so I think the cave gen. needs a little more tweaking

i have that problem to and then they just start back up around 50-100 blocks below that

oh man I just luck out and found it today but, i spent about 24 hours total trying to find mine I really hate how the ores spawn at such low levels(as in the ratio that they spawn, Not height) I have now spent about eight hours looking for Tetrahedrite But oh the join of finding an ore..wonderful mod even with the hassle...

Can't bismuth be used as a starter metal instead of tin?

I remember reading that bismuth could be found alongside lead, silver, tin, and zinc.

edit: Well, that's not how it works in TFC so disregard that. :U

Havent had problems with cass yet.....i find viens in open moutain faces all the time....

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0