Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
darknighht257

Dog Sled/horse and carriage

36 posts in this topic

The sled would necessarily eliminate the AI though... the player would be in control, riding on the sled.

yea thats what i had in mind when i thought of it myself also

This is a mod for Minecraft. The terrain is never going to be in more gradual slopes than single block steps.

Well, I guess I won't make that post asking for No Cubes compatibility...

This is a mod for Minecraft. The terrain is never going to be in more gradual slopes than single block steps.

Don't mean to have naturally occurring slabs.

I mean to have the terrain not going 2 blocks up or down at once. For all slopes to be more gradual unless you going up a mountain.

Most of the terrain should be plains and those would go up and down 1 block by at least 5 blocks horizontally.

When going down for a river for example it would be OK to go down 1 block for each 2 blocks horizontally. 

So the terrains would be more like this:

Posted Image

And less like this:

Posted ImageNotice how in some points it goes up 2 blocks at once. That makes it very hard on horses                                                                                                                             |

__|

|

__|  

|

|

__|

__|                  Mountain (OK to go up 2 or more blocks at 

___________________________                                                                                                                                                                                     __|                      once.

_____|                                                     |___________________________                                                                      ____________________________|

|____                                                      ____|

|___                                       ____|

|___                    ______|

| RIVER       |

I find this funny. Bioxx might too, if he remembers XP. Kitty's more than right though; we're not adding slopes or anything like that to world gen.

Personally, I'd settle for not having mini-cliffs at every hill and river.

There is a mod for world generation New Dawn: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1283481-1-7-2-forge-new-dawn-completely-new-terrain  .

It makes the world a lot smother, Is really beautifull.

Please, for the tenth time I am not asking for slabs or slops, I am suggesting that the terrain should be smother. If we going to balance the Mod towards multiplay, it means traveling.

TFC by itself requires a lot of traveling

All I am saying is the way the terrain is right now is not believable.

Pioneers were able to go from New York .to California using Bull wagons and some pulling hand wagons.

Not suggesting wagons, sledges or carts to be able to ride on dirt. I like the idea of building roads. A better terrain would also make building roads easier. 

Check the mod and you will understand what I am talking about.

Since it changes world generation, is not something that we would be able to use with TFC without been hard coded inside TFC.

A smother terrain would make traveling easier and horse riding enjoyable without the constant jumping up and down that we have to do now. 

I think the big problem here Djakuta is that you've never settled in a plains biome, only ever in a rolling hills or mountainous area.

Don't mean to have naturally occurring slabs.

I mean to have the terrain not going 2 blocks up or down at once. For all slopes to be more gradual unless you going up a mountain.

Most of the terrain should be plains and those would go up and down 1 block by at least 5 blocks horizontally.

When going down for a river for example it would be OK to go down 1 block for each 2 blocks horizontally. 

So the terrains would be more like this:

And less like this:

Notice how in some points it goes up 2 blocks at once. That makes it very hard on horses                                                                                                                             |

__|

|

__|  

|

|

__|

__|                  Mountain (OK to go up 2 or more blocks at 

___________________________                                                                                                                                                                                     __|                      once.

_____|                                                     |___________________________                                                                      ____________________________|

|____                                                      ____|

|___                                       ____|

|___                    ______|

| RIVER       |

Personally, I'd settle for not having mini-cliffs at every hill and river.

This is actually something I worked on a bit for 78. Anywhere with sharp dirt cliffs gets a bit of smoothing. You'll notice that you don't get naturally occurring 6 block dirt cliffs anymore (or less of them). Dirt towers naturally shorten themselves and the dirt layer gets smaller with altitude. The combination of these two factors make cliff faces and mountain peaks rockier.

I had a look at the New Dawn mod. The mountains are too smooth for my liking. I hope TFC terrain rendering will remain rough with sweet cliffs and high mountain peaks. Sometimes though, TFC mountains can look a bit too extreme in height and filled with holes, like in the amplified terrain generation of MC. 

I

I had a look at the New Dawn mod. The mountains are too smooth for my liking. I hope TFC terrain rendering will remain rough with sweet cliffs and high mountain peaks. Sometimes though, TFC mountains can look a bit too extreme in height and filled with holes, like in the amplified terrain generation of MC. 

I agree the mountains are a bit too smooth, What I like is the way the plains look. I got a horse and ride for 500 blocks without having to jump even once.

I think the ideal would be to have the plains the way they are in new dawn, but the mountains would be mixed some one way some the other.

What matters for me is the plains.

My thoughts on transportation (Also +1 for less 2 blocks high dirt walls thingy Djakuta was talking about)

What i am imagining is that each means of transportation would have two base stats, "base speed" and "speed multiplier" (decimal so could be divisor instead). while i highly doubt i have to explain base speed i do think i have to when it comes to the multiplier, so i am thinking that capacity of your transport should be measured in player inventories OK? so per every "player inventory" you load the base speed gets multiplied with the speed multiplier, which is something below 1 resulting in a slower travel

We already have some means of transportation with the horses, donkeys and mules, oh and on foot too.

Note that these numbers are just a placeholders for my idea, replace them with what you feel is the best

•  [Name] [base speed] [speed multiplier] [Cargo (in # of player inventories)]
  • The player: base speed =  1 (default Walk) and speed multiplier = 0.9 cargo, std player inventory   "You know, like what it is like now." (Note that the player will not be effected by the multiplier unless pulling a cart)
  • The horse: base speed = 3 speed multiplier = 0.5 cargo = 1 inventory (Cuts in half if the player is riding on it/if there's a saddle on it? And thus it wont multiply) "mostly for personal transport"
  • The donkey : base speed 2 multiplier = 0.8 cargo 2 "The start up businessman's best friend."
  • The mule: speed 2.5, multiplier 0.7 Cargo 1.5 (Or 2) "Best of both worlds, not that fast but will not be as slowed down either. 

We can also have carriages of varying sizes

(the speed multiplier is inherited from the animal pulling)

• [name][drawn by # of _][speed modification][Cargo]
  • pull-cart: Drawn by player or donkey (Or a cow!?). speed mod = 0.9 (no change) Cargo = 3 While you can pull it yourself it'd be faster with a donkey (If you load it full it'd be 0.729 speed VS 1.024 in a player VS donkey race)
  • Chariot: drawn by horse, speed mod = 0.9 cargo 3 players
  • Adventures Carriage: Drawn by 1, all but the player. speed mod = 0.8 cargo 1 player and 3 inv
  • Carriage: Drawn by 1-2, all *but* the player. speed mod = 0.7 cargo 4 or 5 players

more then this might be a bit over kill.

Something i'd like to add on top of this is that harder surfaces such as what you would build a road out of could increase the negative effects on speed cargo and carriages have.

Oh one thing before i post this, I'd love if instead of grabbing the scatter gun and blowing holes all of this you would suggest or build on it yourself, after all we're here to discuss, improve and come up with ideas right?