Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
erian_7

[Offline][0.78.17] New Melinia [Co-Op, ExtraFirma, BuidCraft, RailCraft, TrainCraft, Small Boats, Towny and LWC)

155 posts in this topic

Hmm, interesting. You will definitely want ot add ModTweaker back in later; see abdyman's note on getting v0.5 instead of v0.5d. I modifed the link to point at their archived download page.

Also, regen is completed. abdyman and I tested several blocks, and it looks like the odd "farmland not placing" is localized to areas beside water. This could tie into TrainCraft trying to generate fuel sand, which is now off. All chunks that didn't show player activity were deleted for regen, but I have back-up copies if you are missing something. Also, for the chunks no regene (like at spawn, or Joriom's place) placing grass on top of the block will fix the issue as well. I'll make a Free Grass distribution sign at spawn to help fix this issue. We also now have to test if the regenerated chunks are fixed.

Also, for the chunks no regene (like at spawn, or Joriom's place) placing grass on top of the block will fix the issue as well. I'll make a Free Grass distribution sign at spawn to help fix this issue.

From what i noticed placing any block like dirt (standard one, not entity, vithout special metadata like container, etc) in space affected fixed that spot. I wonder if torch would do. I'll test it if I find any more of those. Also I'm not sure if that was only "fuel sand". As I've reported before I've encoutered this problem while digging charcoal pit like 10-20 blocks from water source, above sea level. I'll post if I find out anything more.

I did a quick check at new spots after the chunk regens and didn't have any farmland issues, so that may be a fixed problem.

Also, abdyman reported on folks not respawning at beds properly. I tweaked an Essentials setting to see if it'll fix that. We'll see after the next server restart.

All, please note I've re-written the opening post given the progress made in testing. We're pretty close to "done" on most fronts and I know abdyman is working hard on the remainder of the MineTweaker stuff (not critical yet, as nobody has the resources for most of the stuff...)

You still have item ID conflicts

TFC BCI:"Lead Sheet"=19100 -- I:woodenGearItem.id=19100I:"Nickel Sheet"=19101 -- I:stoneGearItem.id=19101I:"Pig Iron Sheet"=19102 -- I:ironGearItem.id=19102I:"Platinum Sheet"=19103 -- I:goldenGearItem.id=19103I:"Silver Sheet"=19104 -- I:diamondGearItem.id=19104I:"Sterling Silver Sheet"=19105 -- I:templateItem.id=19105I:BrassSheet2x=19106 -- I:wrench.id=19106I:GoldSheet2x=19107 -- I:bucketOil.id=19107I:NickelSheet2x=19109 -- I:pipeWaterproof.id=19109I:"Pig IronSheet2x"=19110 -- I:bucketFuel.id=19110I:PlatinumSheet2x=19111 -- I:pipeGate.id=19111I:"Sterling SilverSheet2x"=19113 -- I:redPipeWire.id=19113I:GooseberryLeaf=19140 -- I:pipeGateAutarchic.id=19140I:Cloudberry=19141 -- I:pipeFacade.id=19141I:CloudberryLeaf=19142 -- I:pipePlug.id=19142

The simple solution is to change everything in the BuildCraft "main.conf" from 19*** to 17***

that always works for me.

Heh, with all this other work, I forgot to even look at item ID conflicts...so thanks! I set the BC items as below. I had to manually edit the client config, so I believe folks will have to do the same. I'll look to fixing the intro post as well.

I:bluePipeWire.id=17114
    I:blueprintItem.id=17118
    I:bucketFuel.id=17110
    I:bucketOil.id=17107
    I:diamondGearItem.id=17104
    I:goldenGearItem.id=17103
    I:greenPipeWire.id=17115
    I:ironGearItem.id=17102
    I:pipeFacade.id=17141
    I:pipeFluidsCobblestone.id=17181
    I:pipeFluidsEmerald.id=17187
    I:pipeFluidsGold.id=17184
    I:pipeFluidsIron.id=17183
    I:pipeFluidsSandstone.id=17223
    I:pipeFluidsStone.id=17182
    I:pipeFluidsVoid.id=17221
    I:pipeFluidsWood.id=17180
    I:pipeGate.id=17111
    I:pipeGateAutarchic.id=17140
    I:pipeItemsCobblestone.id=17161
    I:pipeItemsDaizuli.id=17170
    I:pipeItemsDiamond.id=17165
    I:pipeItemsEmerald.id=17167
    I:pipeItemsEmzuli.id=17171
    I:pipeItemsGold.id=17164
    I:pipeItemsIron.id=17163
    I:pipeItemsLapis.id=17169
    I:pipeItemsObsidian.id=17166
    I:pipeItemsQuartz.id=17168
    I:pipeItemsSandstone.id=17222
    I:pipeItemsStone.id=17162
    I:pipeItemsVoid.id=17220
    I:pipeItemsWood.id=17160
    I:pipePlug.id=17142
    I:pipePowerCobblestone.id=17201
    I:pipePowerDiamond.id=17205
    I:pipePowerGold.id=17204
    I:pipePowerIron.id=17203
    I:pipePowerQuartz.id=17208
    I:pipePowerStone.id=17202
    I:pipePowerWood.id=17200
    I:pipeStructureCobblestone.id=17224
    I:pipeWaterproof.id=17109
    I:redPipeWire.id=17113
    I:redstoneChipset.id=17117
    I:stoneGearItem.id=17101
    I:templateItem.id=17105
    I:woodenGearItem.id=17100
    I:wrench.id=17106
    I:yellowPipeWire.id=17116

Oh, and congrats to Taseko for completing the Bear Challenge! We now have the first animal for the spawn zoo! The challenge is now harder--we'll need a female to go with him...

The other animal challenges are still open. Pheasants and deer might be pretty easy...

Heh, with all this other work, I forgot to even look at item ID conflicts...so thanks! I set the BC items as below. I had to manually edit the client config, so I believe folks will have to do the same. I'll look to fixing the intro post as well.

I:bluePipeWire.id=17114
    I:blueprintItem.id=17118
[...]

It would be nice if next time you attached fixed cfg file and tell exactly where to put it. Not everyone is good with that stuff and thats tideous as well.

I did try that, but the forum won't let me attach the file unfortunately. Ultimate goal is to make a modpack for easy installation.

I did try that, but the forum won't let me attach the file unfortunately. Ultimate goal is to make a modpack for easy installation.

Could just upload a zip of your mods and configs folders to a dropbox, and update it as needed.

True, but I need to ensure all the mod authors are good with that beforehand. Some want links directly to their site, others want a credit somewhere, etc. I want to sort all that out properly so we're sure to do what the authors request/require.

This really sounds amazing....oh and hey Joriom!

EDIT: Our server broke :( I hope my full redsteel armor doesn't get rolled back! lol

Erian_7, I was mining and unfortunately I got a cave in. However instead of just suffocating and dying, my game crashed and now crashes every time I try to login. Here's a pastebin of the error: http://pastebin.com/h9bjUaC0

I believe if you move my character it should clear up, or something like that. Maybe reload my character from a previous backup or something.

Hi Cylas,

the Minecraft crash report lacks some details. Can you post the Forge error logs? You'll find them in the directory where you installed this modded TFC.

From Minecraft log it appears that your client has problems rendering an item entity. So moving you will partly solve the problem. As long as the item that is causing this problem does not disappear you will crash again, if you're nearby (as soon as your client tries to render it).

Lex

Erian_7, I was mining and unfortunately I got a cave in. However instead of just suffocating and dying, my game crashed and now crashes every time I try to login. Here's a pastebin of the error: http://pastebin.com/h9bjUaC0

I believe if you move my character it should clear up, or something like that. Maybe reload my character from a previous backup or something.

I would try it without --ModTweaker{0.5} [ModTweaker] (ModTweaker-1.7.X-0.5.jar)-- , i had problems using the 1.7.x version

jHampster got out without intervention--I'm guessing whatever entity was causing the issue de-spawned once the chunk unloaded. I also tracked down a Small Boats entity issue and squashed it. If anyone places a Small Boat (only punts available at present) then tries to remove it but can't interact, please let me know. This is a known issue in Small Boats and the version 0.10.6 we have is the "fixed" version as best we'll get for 1.6.4.

I'll be working on modpack stuff today, as well as a "hopefully" final pass at getting all the permissions sorted so players can use commands like /msg properly. All the required mods are easy to include except RailCraft and TrainCraft, which both have some higher requirements for inclusion in a public pack. Until I get that sorted, the "modpack" will just be a ZIP file with the mod and config folders for folks to copy over. It will be secured with a password per requirements from those two mods so users will have to PM me to get it. Not a great solution, bu the best we can do until I get full approval to include these two in a publicly available modpack.*

Finally, I'll be putting the system in place to sell Coins for cash to use in Towny claims. This will be the only use for cash in-game, as the rest of the economy will be based on player trades and good supplied to spawn (i.e. when stuff brought into spawn runs out, the trade booths will be empty). All of that trading is still contingent on someone building a good Market Place for use. Also, the Tree Farm is now fully operational and I'll open it to town residents. The position of Forester is now open as a town role--jHampster established the tree farm and worked it enough to get the money for his own town last night. I'll update the first post with accomplishments later today, including two intrepid explorers that found a new continent.

* Yes, I know there are modpacks posted right now using one or both of these. Some of them may have permission and are compliant with the author's requirements. Some are not and probably don't care. However, I respect the work modders do enough to comply with their requests for public distribution. Without them, we wouldn't have these cool toys to play around with in TFC and MC...

Okay, first up...apologies to the players that were online today for the unscheduled restart! I was working on the permissions and wanted to see if GroupManager could dynamically reload the permissions. Instead of a Help query on that, I issued the actual restart command, That cuased some LWC database corruption, so I had to role back that database to an earlier version. Please check your locks to make sure everything is as you expect. Special thanks to Lex79 for helping me test out things after getting it back up and running.

That said, permissions are now good for general players, so you should have access to appropriate commands. I've also set up the signs to sell Coins for Cash to automate the process of getting a town started/making funds to claim more land. And the Tree Farm is open for residential use. With all that fixed, I'll be bundling up the /mod and /config folders for players to download. PM me for the location and password.

Still need to update the intro post later tonight...

This mod will definitaly help with sleeping nights away, but it also affects some TFC content.

For example, if you smelt lower level metal in a vessel, you cant sleep through the night. Else you will end up with cold metal.

Also if some people deny to sleep, because they almost starve, sleeping nights away will be fatal for them.

By the way, as for bugs. My inventory seems to not update instantly. In order to do so, I have to open inventories first. So my lost saw might be thrown away, because I thought it was something else due to the lack of inventory update. Is that a common TFC problem?

That's definitely a concern with regard to the TFC time-related work. Perhaps setting the player votes to 100% will address that? This way, it's just like folks that are willing to re-log for a reboot. I know I've certainly had some tense times in the smithy where sleeping was not an option.

The inventory issue is indeed a known problem with TFC. Relogging seems to be the only way to reliably fix the inventory displaying properly, although sometimes you can also click in what look like empty boxes to find the "ghost" items.

I'm working on a follow-on post for the intro that will lay out the current concept for "tech tree" advancement related to building town infrastructure, so folks will know up front what is player-craftable vs. tied to a town accomplishment. I'm also considering the BC option that makes quarries single-use as a means of balancing them a bit vs. the ore/mineral vein size in TFC. If we go this route, the crafting requirements would be somewhat reduced (though still tied to tier 6 metals). I'd like to hear thoughts on this, as the quarry is a central part to the BC/trains concept given how many resources will be needed, but at the same time infinite use can possibly make the end-game too easy/pointless once folks crank out a few quarries.

ok thanks, so I hope they fix the inventory sync issue soon.

BC quarries:

In general I dislike them cause of two reasons. One you mentioned in your last sentence, infinite use will ruin gameplay. So I definitely prefer the single use idea.

Reason two is more an aesthetical reason. I really dont like those holes they generate in your world.

Furthermore IF you allow them, will you restrict the size? BC allows 64x64 sized quarries and TFC overworld is roughly 100 blocks higher than vanilla.

So you definitely find ores.

I therefore would restrict the size to something smaller (one chunk maybe so 16x16?) if you want to allow them. My intent is that you can be very unlucky and find nothing and just wasted materials for your quarry. So you really have to think twice before setting one up. And maybe do some prep work (pro pick a bit), so its not that automatical.

The careful planning and prep is definitely a goal with the quarries and is thus what's got me favoring the single-use approach. Folks shouldn't place a quarry until they are relatively certain it's over a big vein (and that the vein isn't Rich, as I like the concept of the quarry normalizing the ore). We'll certainly have to reduce the craft costs a bit (perhaps a single blue or red steel pick and the rest steel).

As for the aesthetics, I'm of two minds there. I personally don't like huge quarries riddling the landscape--when I complete a quarry I actually go back and build over the site, then I use the created space for new builds. I believe for the server, towns could enforce some sort of "reclamation" process for their residents if they want. On the other hand, quarries were a RL result of civilizations advancing and needing more raw materials, so the environment damage is a reality. This server already has a sort of "Industrial Revolution" feel and theme, so this question is very relevant from that historical perspective as well. It's the same, for me, as when folks go through and cut down forests (especially the non-renewable TFC trees like kapok) resulting in huge deforestation. I pretty much always replant a sapling for every tree I cut down, and won't harvest non-renewable trees except for specific use in special builds (I also don't take all the crops I find, just so some stay "native", I leave debris on the ground for aesthetics, etc.). Other folks living by a jungle are going to plow through those trees, as it's a ready source of charcoal, material, etc. I think this actually can highlight the differences between towns as they grow.

I'm very interested i hearing others thoughts as we move this forward!

On a separate note, everyone please check out the second post in the thread. It contains the first draft of the Tech Tier thoughts I have. It still needs work to weave the BC, RC, and TC stuff all together but I think it will give you the basic idea.

Suggestions on the Tech Tier so far:

• Clarify Award (it grants the ability to craft listed stuff, not the stuff itself for free)
  • Grant a cash award for tier completion (I like this, helps with town expansion; could add bonus town chunks as well)

Anybody else have thoughts? Should be on later tonight if anyone is looking for me.