Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Renkyz

[Vanilla Bug] Single player being really laggy.

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.I hope I have the right thread here, I literally just created an account to describe my issue.So the problem is I'm getting a lot of lag in SSP. I don't know what info anyone needs so I'll just list as much as I can.It kind of seems like the sort of lag you expect from a really bad SMP server, when I open my inventory or look inside vessels or anything that brings up a GUI it takes a long time for it to open (around 5 seconds or more most of the time). Also I get a lot of block lag in very frequent spikes and it would appear my game is not loading chunks very fast at all which also causes a lot of problems when I am riding the high seas in my boat, I end up being teleported back to a land mass that I went around and just hitting it because of a lag spike. Also I fall down a lot in unloaded chunks and I have to save & quit then start up again to be back on the water.I guess by now you're wondering what my specs are? so I shall list them.OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bitCPU: i7 4770K @3.5GHzRAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600MHzGPU: EVGA GTX 680 Classified 4GBI hope those are the relevant specs that should give an idea that this is a powerful gaming machine lol.So I have allocated 4GB of RAM to the game in hopes that might fix it but in F3 it says its only using between 600-800MB at any time so even on 1GB it seemed like enough. I have no idea what is causing the overall GUI Lag, block lag and slowness of chunks loading and world generating. I have had the same issue on 3 worlds, I have tried using all minimal graphics and that makes no difference to when they're all on maximum settings. My FPS is something ridiculous like 120 or so.I have tried completely uninstalling Minecraft and setting it up all over again, I should add that I don't even play vanilla (I haven't since 2012-2013), I downloaded the game just for this mod only after seeing Etho play it in a video on his YouTube channel. It's frustrating because I really like this mod but cannot figure out whats causing this problem... can someone please help me? if further information is required please ask and I shall provide it.post-13095-0-58627500-1407970210_thumb.j

Welcome to the forums! Do you have any mods installed other than TFC and forge, such as optifine?

I would suggest trying the following JVM arguments, if you are still having issues after using these, you can increase the 2GB to 4GB in both the Xms and the Xmx arguments.

-Xmn1G -Xms2G -Xmx2G -XX:NewSize=512M -XX:SurvivorRatio=2 -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -d64 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+AggressiveOpts 

If you don't have optifine installed, you can also try using the standard version for Minecraft 1.6.4. I believe the recommended version is OptiFine 1.6.4_HD_D1, which you can find under the Older Versions link in the Optifine Minecraft forum post. All you have to do is put it in your mods folder to install.

I would also suggest that you double check to make sure that you don't currently have multiple versions of Java installed. You can check this in the Uninstall A Program menu on your control panel. Unless you use the development environment, you should simply have the latest update of java 7 installed, and it should say 64 bit in the name. Java 8 has been known to cause more issues with Minecraft than it solves.

Hello Kittychanley, Thank you for your fast reply.To answer your first question, no I did not have any other mods installed. Like I said in my original post, I redownloaded this game just to be able to play this mod, so I followed the installation instructions on the wiki and all I have is TFC and the appropriate version of Forge. But I have now used the new JVM arguments you have recommended (similar to what I already was using) and I downloaded the version of OptiFine that you recommended as well.I have the latest JRE version Java 7 u67 64-bit and also had the plain 32-bit version too, but uninstalling that plus adding in OptiFine and these new JVM arguments has made no difference to my issues at all, I'm still getting lag when opening inventory, vessels and chest etc. Also the block lag is still happening which is really confusing as I thought that was an SMP thing and didn't happen in SSP. I am yet to check if I'm still getting chunks not loading when I'm traveling fast in a boat but I adjusted OptiFine and used a lot of the really good settings to fully utilize my powerful PC so hopefully chunks will load faster and further in the distance now (my PC should have been doing this in the first place though).I haven't tried playing Vanilla 1.6.4 so I don't know whether or not this is a 1.6.4 issue in general but I doubt it somehow.The only improvement I can report is that my FPS has jumped from 120-ish to 150-ish lol. I went through the .minecraft files and found this in my output-client log though:2014-08-14 09:36:38 [CLIENT] [iNFO] Stopping!

2014-08-14 09:40:20 [CLIENT] [iNFO] Setting user: Renkyz
2014-08-14 09:40:21 [CLIENT] [iNFO] LWJGL Version: 2.9.0
2014-08-14 09:40:21 [CLIENT] [iNFO] Reloading ResourceManager: Default
2014-08-14 09:40:23 [CLIENT] [iNFO] Reloading ResourceManager: Default, FMLFileResourcePack:Forge Mod Loader, FMLFileResourcePack:Minecraft Forge, FMLFileResourcePack:TerraFirmaCraft
2014-08-14 09:40:27 [CLIENT] [sEVERE] Using missing texture, unable to load: minecraft:textures/blocks/MISSING_ICON_TILE_2002_stoneStalac.png
2014-08-14 09:40:27 [CLIENT] [iNFO] Reloading ResourceManager: Default, FMLFileResourcePack:Forge Mod Loader, FMLFileResourcePack:Minecraft Forge, FMLFileResourcePack:TerraFirmaCraft
2014-08-14 09:40:28 [CLIENT] [sEVERE] Using missing texture, unable to load: minecraft:textures/blocks/MISSING_ICON_TILE_2002_stoneStalac.png
2014-08-14 09:40:59 [CLIENT] [WARNING] Memory connection overburdened; after processing 2500 packets, we still have 3069 to go!
2014-08-14 09:40:59 [CLIENT] [WARNING] Memory connection overburdened; after processing 2500 packets, we still have 723 to go!
2014-08-14 09:41:44 [CLIENT] [WARNING] Memory connection overburdened; after processing 2500 packets, we still have 4123 to go!
2014-08-14 09:41:44 [CLIENT] [WARNING] Memory connection overburdened; after processing 2500 packets, we still have 1658 to go!
2014-08-14 09:41:51 [CLIENT] [WARNING] Memory connection overburdened; after processing 2500 packets, we still have 1594 to go!
2014-08-14 09:43:11 [CLIENT] [iNFO] Stopping!
That is just from the short 2 minute session that I played to test the new JVM arguments and OptiFine. If you would like the whole log I can show it but its pretty much the same stuff just in different playing sessions. The Memory connection overburdened is the part that worries me, I know I have no issues with my RAM either so I don't understand whats going on.I'm going to try one last thing and try moving my installation over to my second hard drive which is a newer and faster hard drive.If the installation move does not work then I think I'm a bit stuck, would you mind doing something like a Skype call or something similar to give me direct support? I don't think I've done something wrong but you never know lol.

I believe it was Minecraft 1.4 that made it so that SSP is literally just SMP running an internal server. The Memory connection overburdened messages are because your client is having trouble sending packets back and forth to its internal server.

Ok then, seems silly to make single player run on an internal server. So is there a solution to this? This computer wouldn't have trouble running a server so I don't think that would be the issue.

i had this problem since MC 1.3.2 (when the internal server thing was added) with vanilla MC. The solution was optifine on minimal settings. also you have 130 fps, maybe limiting it to 25 fps would help.

I'd double check to make sure that you aren't experiencing this exact same problem in vanilla, which would mean that the problem has nothing to do with TFC.

i had this problem since MC 1.3.2 (when the internal server thing was added) with vanilla MC. The solution was optifine on minimal settings. also you have 130 fps, maybe limiting it to 25 fps would help.

So you're saying my PC is too powerful to run this game? LOL ok, I'll try your solution, I hope it works. Thanks for the help :) 

I'd double check to make sure that you aren't experiencing this exact same problem in vanilla, which would mean that the problem has nothing to do with TFC.

I am experiencing this problem in 1.6.4 Vanilla, I just made a new world to test the block lag and GUI lag and it's there. I'm going to try what noname_42 suggested and I'll update you with my results.

As I predicted this solution made no difference, I limited my FPS down to 30 and set all options to minimum, the game behaves the exact same way it did when I had them all set at highest settings. I dont understand whats wrong... My PC can play battlefield 4 at Ultra settings in 1080p without a problem at all... This has to be something to do with the game and not my PC.

Unfortunately since you're experiencing the issue in 1.6.4 Vanilla, that means the problem is with Minecraft, and not with TFC... which means that there is really nothing on this forum that we can do to help you. You'll need to go ask around on the Minecraft forums for support to see if anybody else is experiencing this issue, and if they have a solution.

If the problem was TFC related, I'd be more than happy to help find a solution. But it's not, so this forum really isn't the place to support it.