Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SmurfyDoess

My Home (inspired by Vaelkyri's guide)

5 posts in this topic

Just thought I'd show off my home I've been making and perfecting over the past 2-3 weeks :)

So! Before you ask 'what's Vaelkyri's guide?', go and check this topic out. I know it is a 'starter home' guide, but it is still neat and I've always wanted to do something like it. As such, it inspired me to do what I have done and I am super happy with what I have accomplished.

topic ---> http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/4053-a-simple-cheap-aesthetically-pleasing-and-thematically-fitting-first-home-for-the-starting-terafirmacrafter/

You've looked at that guide yeah? You sure? If not then you won't know what I've done and explained.

So I originally started with just a hill, and worked in the basic shape (the long building), put all the dirt on it, and made it pretty. I thought sweet, a home. But wait, storage D: so I made a kinda outcrop bit like Vaelkyri did with the forge, and made that a storage area, adding dirt and making it pretty as well. From there I needed a forge place, did that, yet quite a bit differently from how he did. Still, I like mine better, and it's not so early game, but more late game focused, which is where I'm at atm. I then needed more charcoal, so I made a charcoal pit room place thingy, and it turned out pretty well. I then realized I had to do some blast furnace for steel, so I made the ingot room and blast furnace room basically right underneath the forge area. The last bit of building was a connecting path from the main home to the forge. From there I was basically done all the building, I just put a bunch of saplings all over the grass roof and put my fruit bushes all on it to, with the goosberries making a somewhat vine thing which I really like. Now for the pics!

(tried putting them in this topic but there were to many so had to make an imgur album, just remove the few spaces between the imgur. and the rest and yeah, wouldn't let me post the proper album address for some reason)

http://imgur.   com/a/YvGJa#arCb7Rr

So yeah, that's my home! I'd be interested in what you guys have to say about it, and what your current home is to! Post screenshots or give a description :)

Oh, and I'm using the barrels mod, journey map, nei, leather water sac, custom recipies (so I can actually use the barrels mod), small boats mod, and improved first person (which I highly recommend as it adds alot).

Posted Image

I fixed the album link, it wouldn't show up for some reason and I ran out of time last night to fix it. Just remove the few spaces between the imgur. and the rest and you should be sweet. Sorry for the trouble :c

That's a very nice Hobbit hole you have there. ^_^  I remember seeing that guide way back thought it was a cool idea, though it looks a little cramped.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0