Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Lyn Mimistrobell

[Solved] Bloomery lost

12 posts in this topic

This has happened to me twice now: I smelted iron ores in my bloomery, when it was finished I used a pickaxe to chop the resulting iron bloom but it got stuck in the back of my bloomery with no way to access it other than break away some stones of the bloomery structure which caused the bloomery itself to disappear - wasn't floating, didn't return to my inventory, just gone...

Is there a way to prevent the bloom from getting stuck in the back or a way to retrieve it when it has?

Break the bloomery block, not the stone bricks around it. Then once you have the bloomery block secured in your inventory, you can break the second block of the chimney to get inside.

Edit: You also could not break anything at all. Just jump down the chimney to get the bloom, and use ladders to climb back out. Break the ladders once you are safely out and the bloomery is ready to use again.

I will try that first trick next time, if I break the ladders they might get stuck inside :)

I will try that first trick next time, if I break the ladders they might get stuck inside :)

I usually just hop in the bloomery chimney, get the bloom, and break the chimney to get out, replacing it afterwards.

I usually just hop in the bloomery chimney, get the bloom, and break the chimney to get out, replacing it afterwards.

The whole problem that he is having is breaking the chimney. If you break any block other than the actual bronze bloomery block first, the bronze bloomery block is going to pop off and go flying. Most people don't see it happen, so they don't know which way the item went, and they don't pick it up before it despawns. If you are going to jump in and break the chimney, you still need to break the bronze block first, and then any stone blocks to get out.

The whole problem that he is having is breaking the chimney. If you break any block other than the actual bronze bloomery block first, the bronze bloomery block is going to pop off and go flying. Most people don't see it happen, so they don't know which way the item went, and they don't pick it up before it despawns. If you are going to jump in and break the chimney, you still need to break the bronze block first, and then any stone blocks to get out.

When I do it the bloomery block never flies off.. I break the back part of the bloomery to get out.

Edit: When I do it on the sides though it goes flyin'! But I always just find it either 5 blocks in front of the bloomery structure or behind it.

Edit2: Im silly. I was breaking the part of the bloomery chimney higher up, where the chimney could be expanded, not the minimum size Bloomery. My mistakes!

Another thing you can do is just add charcoal to the bloomery again like you're going to make another run.  The back block gets taken up and the bloom gets shoved forward.  At least that's how it works for me.

Another thing you can do is just add charcoal to the bloomery again like you're going to make another run.  The back block gets taken up and the bloom gets shoved forward.  At least that's how it works for me.

^took the words right out of my mouth.  :Op  It works for me as well, just place charcoal down and it flies forward.  GL M8.

In addition you could remove two corner blocks at both back corners of your bloomery structure. That way the bloomery still works and you can always access the dropped bloom from the front or from the back corners.

I just had this happen in B79.17 on a MP server.I have searched in the direct vicinity of the "pinged" blomery, on the roof, even demolished half of the building in the process.  No bloomery block.  There certainly hadn't been enough time for it to despawn.

I think this is a significant issue - especially when you consider how much work and materials goes into making the darn thing!Strange thing is that if I try the same on a creative world, the bloomery doesn't pop.  Only when you actually destroy one of the blocks actually *touching*  the bloomery - which I hadn't done in MP.And when it *does*  pop then it doesn't fly out.Edit:I've dome a little more research and discovered the following:I started a single player world, and then opened it to LAN , enabling cheats.I then switched into creative mode and built a 2-high bloomery structure and put the bloomery "door" on.

I then switched back to survival mode and proceeded to demolish the middle of the bloomery

Looking from the top, using * for the stone, O for the "chimney" where you put the ore, and B for the bloomery block:

*o* <-- I demolished this vertical "slice"

*B* 

After demolishing one side of the chimney, I could still see the bloomery doors (from the back). Then after demolishing one block on the other side, I watched the bloomery block simply disappear after a couple of seconds.

This disappearing block is completely repeatable - if you demolish three of the five blocks making up that slice (I didnt put any blocks in that slice on the level BELOW the bloomery block level, except at the bottom of the "chimney") then the bloomery block simply disappears before your eyes.

Edited by ChunkHunter

Can you please put this in a new support topic using the bug form.

roger wilco - will first uinstall the other mods I have (only a couple) to make absolutely sure it's a vanilla TFC problem first.