Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jHampster

'Grafting'/Sapling tool

4 posts in this topic

This is just an idea I had thought of while playing, and I was wondering if this would be something any of you would consider. Basically it would just be some sort of tool that would increase the chance of obtaining saplings from trees over the chance of getting sticks, or maybe even eliminate getting sticks all together. This tool could possibly be similar to the scythe in that it clears out chunks of leaves at a time rather than just one at a time(or not!), and would possibly by some percent provide you with a higher than average drop rate of saplings, which would increase with the tiers of metal.

Now, the thought behind this idea is not to flood your inventory with stacks upon stacks of saplings. That, in my opinion, would be quite overpowered, and frankly would take the fun out of the whole process. It is more to rectify the small problem of sometimes more than not, clearing a tree of its leaves and not receiving a single sapling. (I am aware that certain trees are not supposed to drop saplings for said tree. This item is not intended as a way to receive saplings from these trees) Of course, the item would give a noticeable increase in the drop rate(scaled with metal tiers! I wouldn't expect a copper version to have a large increase of drop rate by any means)

Given what I've said here, let me toss out an example of possible parameters for said item:

• The grafting tool must be crafted from a metal
  • The rate/percent increase in sapling drop chance would increase depending on metal tier, with maybe some variation within tiers that have multiple tool metals(for example, black bronze would have a slightly better chance than regular bronze, and bismuth bronze would be slightly better than black bronze)
  • The grafting tool would in turn decrease the rate of sticks, proportional to the increased rate at which saplings would drop
  • The tool could possibly be similar to the scythe in that it would remove multiple leaves at a time, rather than just one block

Anyway, that's my small idea. Thoughts? Questions? Comments about how terrible I am for suggesting this( :P )?

This is just an idea I had thought of while playing, and I was wondering if this would be something any of you would consider. Basically it would just be some sort of tool that would increase the chance of obtaining saplings from trees over the chance of getting sticks, or maybe even eliminate getting sticks all together. This tool could possibly be similar to the scythe in that it clears out chunks of leaves at a time rather than just one at a time(or not!), and would possibly by some percent provide you with a higher than average drop rate of saplings, which would increase with the tiers of metal.

Now, the thought behind this idea is not to flood your inventory with stacks upon stacks of saplings. That, in my opinion, would be quite overpowered, and frankly would take the fun out of the whole process. It is more to rectify the small problem of sometimes more than not, clearing a tree of its leaves and not receiving a single sapling. (I am aware that certain trees are not supposed to drop saplings for said tree. This item is not intended as a way to receive saplings from these trees) Of course, the item would give a noticeable increase in the drop rate(scaled with metal tiers! I wouldn't expect a copper version to have a large increase of drop rate by any means)

Given what I've said here, let me toss out an example of possible parameters for said item:

• The grafting tool must be crafted from a metal
  • The rate/percent increase in sapling drop chance would increase depending on metal tier, with maybe some variation within tiers that have multiple tool metals(for example, black bronze would have a slightly better chance than regular bronze, and bismuth bronze would be slightly better than black bronze)
  • The grafting tool would in turn decrease the rate of sticks, proportional to the increased rate at which saplings would drop
  • The tool could possibly be similar to the scythe in that it would remove multiple leaves at a time, rather than just one block

Anyway, that's my small idea. Thoughts? Questions? Comments about how terrible I am for suggesting this( :P )?

like the idea exept the metal tier one.

Id suggest a completely different solution to the same problem - a forestry skill level, increased by chopping live wood and breaking leaves. The skill would increase sapling drop rate the same as farming increases seed rates. It might also boost chopping speed on trees, though if so it would probably make sense to make it take even longer with low levels than it does now, possibly even twice as long.

One of the reasons I proposed having nuts, acorns, and seeds on all kinds of trees, was the ability to get seeds just by right clicking the leaves without having to break the leaves.

read this http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/6419-to-make-each-age-in-tfc-longer/. For balancing and  to make it belivable trees would give nuts only on the proper season.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0