Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
bruuff

Gathering people for build 79 server

152 posts in this topic

Posted Image

SERVER STARTING 9th Oct 2014 6 pm CET (GMT + 1)

84.200.206.170:27800

You will need:

• TFC 79.6
  • Carpenterblocks v3.3.0
  • MineTweaker-1.7.10-3.08B

------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are searching for people who are interested in a team based competition involving trade and pvp town vs town! Each nation with their own special traits, so trading is needed to get certain items. Support your colonial power by sending back shipments to the old world and thus increase your nations honor and wealth!

We will try to balance all that as good as possible. We are playing terrafirmacraft after all.

There will be as few teleporting as possible! Build roads or docks and use Archimedes' ships!

Additional crafting possibilities like pistons, hoppers, or ingame maps (Although not as cheap as in vanilla)

If everything works out: Carpenter's Blocks!

Once you join us, you'll have to choose a nation to fight for. Depending on the map, there will be 3 or 4 nations to choose from, depending on what is better balanced and fitting the terrain.

Protect all your creations with an personally written, easy to use and precise Griefing protection. It wont hinder a natural growth of villages without enforcing manhattanly roads, because of a small plot size of only 5x5 blocks!

(I hope this works out, i could only test it on vanilla yet. Might require some tweaking.)

Give this project a perfect start and be with us from day one! Just leave a comment and you will be informed when the server is ready.

-bruuff

EDIT: We have a skullprotect tutorial-thingy now!skullprotect.pdf

Sounds interesting but more pics plz i want to see what you mean

I'm up for this if enough other people are. Sounds like a nice idea.

Sounds interesting but more pics plz i want to see what you mean

Naturally, i cant provide pictures of something that doesn't exist. The picture above is just eye candy, i build this just before posting to spice things up a little.

I will wait with selecting the seed, in case the world generator changes.

Maybe this will explain a little better what i'd like to achive:

post-13373-0-02111400-1408822254_thumb.j

Me personally, i like the idea of harbour , oceans and islands a lot, and thus tested Archimedes ship mod a bit. I like it very much but if im all alone with this, there is no need for it in the end.

You're certainly not alone... but you're going to need quite a few people to do this... and TFC isn't the most popular mod, what with difficulty etc... but I suppose we've got until build-79 comes out and gets all its bugfixes. I really hope this carries on, I love the idea of this.

i guess if we get maybe 15 people to begin with, and maybe just do three teams/nations/sth , we have a good chance to survive.

My last vanilla server project died off because of to few decent members that could motivate others. I hope that the average age and experience is higher among tfc players than among vanilla ones, increasing the chances of success.

I had a private conversation with an awesome dude that had many questions (Still has), I'll just put them up here, might help you guys as well.

When we get going with this project, wouldn't it be a bit more believeable story if every faction had their own will of placement? How you placed them it seemed they were destined by you to be there, not of their own will.

The picture i posted is not meant like "here you go, and you have to go there", but id like to have a somewhat reasonable distance between them and hopefully different biomes for each nation (should we call it nations from here on out? i like it.). This requires some administration.

Many players would also want to make their own faction, and move to a place mabye not that convenient. We would have to expect that roads would be going through the woods far away, only to get to one of the main cities.

The nation is just a framework. Its just a faction you choose when you first join the server, like GDI vs NOD, Humans vs Elves vs Dwarfs, or red vs blue vs yellow vs green (i actually like this one, its so unbiased)If you want to have your own personal project (maybe with some friends), you can create your own town, which is then part to the nation you chose. The nation is just where your spawn is, and where your archievements are counted on the nation score. 

There is not even a need for a king, and if there is one he'll be mostly representative, not forbidding you to build somewhere or sth like that.

I believe we should make only 1 town, 1 faction to begin with, from there people will make their own moves.

If we start with just one nation, it will never be a even competition, it will always be "spawn" + appendix, i would not want that.It is the purpose of this server to try something different in that matter.

I now, bad comparision, but you cant just start your own nation in real life as well. But if some people come together they can build a new city and have it all the way they want it.

If someone in a nation makes a village, so the village is owned by that nation? That makes it a bit unfair. There is a reason people moves away. We just need a way to ensure people wants to stay in the nation.

If you want to play the total hermit, this isnt the right server for you, i guess. Like i said, a nation does not reign over its cities, its just the name of the land your in and something to be proud of and maybe fight for from time to time.

Society starts by itself, and should not be controlled to begin a certain way.

This server is an experiment, and after the start , that is somewhat bound to rules, the rest is up to you. Im sorry but thats just the way it goes. It will be fun, i promise.

hy. I like to join this project. I.m a good builder and i love to make towns.I like to build medieval.

First of all u dont need to let players make towns....all players want to make towns and u will have 9999 towns with 1 player....

I play on crococraft server and i have a town there....I have a team there hope i can bring them here...

We can start making towns here...plan every detail until we have the update done and we can start the map

So i start first:

Town name: Rivendell

Theme: Medieval

Faction/Nation: Elf

W8 for candidates  :rolleyes:

BTW we need to make a complex job system...like example: a king for a nation....mayors for towns and etc...

king have to take care of towns...to organize them...make the diplomacy between nation and etc

Mayor have to take care of town...organize the jobs...houses....workers and etc...

We need "unique" for every town like in N they have more meet then in S or i dont know...something

If we plan all very good we can keep player more activ and more determined to play on the server...

hy. I like to join this project. I.m a good builder and i love to make towns.I like to build medieval.

First of all u dont need to let players make towns....all players want to make towns and u will have 9999 towns with 1 player....

I play on crococraft server and i have a town there....I have a team there hope i can bring them here...

We can start making towns here...plan every detail until we have the update done and we can start the map

So i start first:

Town name: Rivendell

Theme: Medieval

Faction/Nation: Elf

W8 for candidates  :rolleyes:

Im glad your in for this!

I had a lengthy discussion (see my post above) who was like "this is minecraft everyone should have the freedom to start a new nation" and had to explain why i dont want it to work like this. But i guess he has a point, we cant restrict players to much. If they get told, you can build only here, follow my orders, and the kings orders and so on, they might get frustrated.

Everybody should have to right to create a new town, but it should cost a lot of money, so that he cant do it from day 1 and most likely not alone.

I will search for a good seed, so that we get islands or continents with different biomes. So we can divide the land on to the nations. Then everybody can choose a one.

I guess we'll have a announced server lauch time, where all players that can possibly get online will get to make the decision where to build the first town of their nation (as a team).

We have to trade a little bit if freedom for an organised start and a balanced system, but everyone knows that before, and has to deal with it.

BTW we need to make a complex job system...like example: a king for a nation....mayors for towns and etc...

king have to take care of towns...to organize them...make the diplomacy between nation and etc

Mayor have to take care of town...organize the jobs...houses....workers and etc...

We need "unique" for every town like in N they have more meet then in S or i dont know...something

If we plan all very good we can keep player more activ and more determined to play on the server...

I tried to do something like that in vanilla once, it was a desaster. When you establish jobs, its incredibily hard to manage, most likely unbalanced (a certain job will always yield more than others). The different nations will be on different biomes and climate zones, so that each nation has different rock types, different tree types, maybe different mobs (if they dont let somebody steal them)

What do you (and everybody out there!) think of the following:

If you mine a rock or a tree or a plant on foreign ground (outside your nations lands), you get severe mining fatique, and maybe 2 seconds nausea when you place a block. Just to encourage trading with that nation instead of getting it yourself.

Have a great day,

bruuff

I like the ideea  ;)

About the jobs...I use it and it work..but it is all about the players....i make the job like: " u are blacksmith we bring u ores and etc and u make tools" and he sad "yes.i'm blacksmith" and etc...that kind of jobs.

U dont need all kind of players to play in your server...that players that they dont like to tell them to do something and etc...if they dont want to play...let them not to play...if u want to make a big map...with kingdoms/towns and etc..mabey history and Rollplaying and etc u need players that like to play in co op that like to have a job...and help his town and etc...u make an multiplayer not an single player server....MY OPINION...this is my why to play to build this I like

I have this plan(to make a big map full of kingdoms/towns/history/economy/trades/etc) for a long time...but dont have a server and some players to make it...so i will help u with all my free time

And for the begining u need to make some starting zones(spawn place..towns or something)...1/2/3(depends on the number of players who choose that faction..more players more starting zones)...or they all build a starting zone for their faction

we can talk all day about this :D i have a lots of ideas....but lets start makeing something....edit the first post and update it...choose faction...choose town...choose posibel jobs....let players join them...until the update comes let organize it all

I didn't say, i dont like jobs. I hope that people will find one thing they are good at and trade with others as much as possible. All i that is that i dont want to enforce it with plugins or scripts. I think some thinks have to emerge on their own, or they wouldn't work if we enforce it either.

You are right. People that don't like what the server is about, probably shouldn't join.

Maybe we will introduc a worldborder, and expand it as more people join, just to keep things together.

could you please edit your posts in to one end delete the others? It just looks so unprofessional.

I didn't say, i dont like jobs. I hope that people will find one thing they are good at and trade with others as much as possible. All i that is that i dont want to enforce it with plugins or scripts. I think some thinks have to emerge on their own, or they wouldn't work if we enforce it either.

You are right. People that don't like what the server is about, probably shouldn't join.

Maybe we will introduc a worldborder, and expand it as more people join, just to keep things together.

could you please edit your posts in to one end delete the others? It just looks so unprofessional.

yes.no plugins...the mayor ask players what they like to do...and if they like to mine he give them the job miner and etc...

done...delete the rest of them pls :D

I would not expect people to ask a mayor before doing stuff. Even i would just be like "Hey i like Woodcutting, lets to that", and if the others are like "well... ok" than thats settled. But this can work differently each time. I think we shouldnt focus on that.

Please be patient. We havent even a world yet, and wont have one till the next update. Before that, we cant divide the territory to nations, and without territory its stupid to choose towns and stuff. Jobs are a personal thing as well, let people to their thing. You can make a list of your own goals and talk with people once we are ready, but there isn't much of a point to it now.

I would not expect people to ask a mayor before doing stuff. Even i would just be like "Hey i like Woodcutting, lets to that", and if the others are like "well... ok" than thats settled. But this can work differently each time. I think we shouldnt focus on that.

Please be patient. We havent even a world yet, and wont have one till the next update. Before that, we cant divide the territory to nations, and without territory its stupid to choose towns and stuff. Jobs are a personal thing as well, let people to their thing. You can make a list of your own goals and talk with people once we are ready, but there isn't much of a point to it now.

ok :(

post-10253-0-41799100-1408960493_thumb.j

this is my last town make on crococraft server

90% build by me....

Yes!

Count me in but we really need to wait the 79 version to get things going?

There might be changes in the world generation, as there were in vanilla minecraft, or some other stuff comes up that corrupts chucks and what not. This might be unlikely, but i dont want to start a server with an old version if a new one is so close to come.

Yes!

Count me in but we really need to wait the 79 version to get things going?

Yeah. We need to gather people and not have a world reset in the iron age haha

I like this idea. I'm EST and would be very interested in joining. This economic competition might be just what the game needs to stay fresh on a long term MP server.

Please send me a message when/if this is going to start up.

Sincerely,

LiesTech

Yes. I've pretty much always wanted TFC server that offers competition between "villages".

Have to really work on resources maybe found on only certain biomes. Ship stuff back to village without abusing teleporting.

Not to forget the PvP fun either. Ah cant wait :)

Oh i want to play so much now :(

I already replied and I am still very interested( maybe even more so.) So, correct me if I am wrong, but this is sort of how this idea will work:

• Villages are relative safe zones and it is a free area to build, farm and generally establish yourself
  • You are free to trade with the other villages
  •  However, once in wild land not controlled by any village it is the wild west. PvP is enabled and the only law is the biggest weapon. There is no 'property' and all is owned by nobody. Of course people should still respect the land and replant/not completely ruin it.
  • We will be able ship excess resources back to a 'homeland' in exchange for points. Farmable things like lumber, sticks and food will be relatively low value, while metals, stone and other non-renewable resources will be more valuable.
  • This will force trading between villages vying for favor with the homeland and risky prospecting in the wilderness in order to maintain supremacy.

This sounds like a great idea, the only thing is that the top village should have some sort of buff/reward for being top dog and likewise the lowest village should have some sort of debuff/punishment for their low performance. I suggest either occasional physical rewards/demands or potion effects. 

I already replied and I am still very interested( maybe even more so.) So, correct me if I am wrong, but this is sort of how this idea will work:

• Villages are relative safe zones and it is a free area to build, farm and generally establish yourself
  • You are free to trade with the other villages
  •  However, once in wild land not controlled by any village it is the wild west. PvP is enabled and the only law is the biggest weapon. There is no 'property' and all is owned by nobody. Of course people should still respect the land and replant/not completely ruin it.
  • We will be able ship excess resources back to a 'homeland' in exchange for points. Farmable things like lumber, sticks and food will be relatively low value, while metals, stone and other non-renewable resources will be more valuable.
  • This will force trading between villages vying for favor with the homeland and risky prospecting in the wilderness in order to maintain supremacy.

This sounds like a great idea, the only thing is that the top village should have some sort of buff/reward for being top dog and likewise the lowest village should have some sort of debuff/punishment for their low performance. I suggest either occasional physical rewards/demands or potion effects. 

Yes this is exacty what i have in mind!

We might need some ideas how to keep the wilderness pristine, and we might have to implement a script that re spawns some animals (very rarely and few, just that they cant go extinct).

I guess the buff/debuff thing can wait until everything else has worked out, i know people can be easily overwhelmed so we can do stuff like that later.

By the way, id like some opinion here:

Im working on my own anti grieving plugin, because of some things i dont like about towny. But if its just not useable after all, i would fall back on this.

My problem with towny is the time it takes setting up, especially with a smaller grid size.

My idea is that you just place a skull on the ground and a 5x5 area will be yours (you can get them via command - they are useless otherwise so its not that important)

A self coded plugin could have the following benefits:

• easier to mark plot ownership (if your in your nation, you can place down town skulls -> if land is claimed by townskulls -> can place private skull
  • smaller gridsize allowes less manhatten , extra street plots, and generally more specific plot sizes
  • an option could be to mark a plot as "steet plot", in which the owners of the adjacent plots can enter by 1 block to build a roof pitch or wall decorations

What do you guys think?

Sounds good, but you will have to set a server limit of private skulls (maybe 4-7) so we don't get one guy running around and claiming half the island, besides most of the builds in a game like this should be community builds. Also because we are mining around and stuff the claim should not go very deep maybe 15ish blocks making it prohibitively difficult to cave in someone's house while still allowing free mining.

Also the skulls should delete on placement if possible. So we don't have that one guy who built his house out of skulls.

I've been talking about this server to a number of TFC acquaintances from another server I played on and they seem interested, though most will have little time because of jobs or school; at least initially. I'm talking 11 people if everybody wants to join, I've got three interested right now. 

LiesTech