Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
bruuff

Gathering people for build 79 server

152 posts in this topic

I'm looking forward to the server this might be what me and my group have been looking for. However I do have some suggestions/ Questions. The first being does a player have to be in one of the say 4 homelands/towns.

Now for the rest of this I'm going to assume that no you do not. So with this I would feel that trade should not be as pushed. New players will want to trade to catch up to everyone else quickly. So this will obviously increase trade between players. However those farther in may want only iron if there are in the iron/steel age. Then it would be up to the new player to go mine iron instead of copper or tin to get to the copper or bronze age. I feel trade between players rather then some npc type shop  makes a server more fun then bunch of towns/nations just going back and forth to one central location. Also it would allow more roads to go up to each others towns.

Secondly, You should allow "bandit" towns. Or towns that just PVP to get all of there goods.This would allow a more slower progression with towns so towns wont get to steel age in a few weeks. Also it would make roads more useful. Saying you have a horse which is really only good in a field sand sucks in forest or mountains unless you have roads. These "bandit" towns wouldn't be able to catch you while on horse to get to another town. As opposed to a player using a horse or walking in a forest were you would either be going slow on a horse or walking and end up getting ambushed by these "bandits."

Also for those more advance towns when they have everything it would allow them to do more if they are able to be one of these "bandit" towns. If they did get to powerful and just attack anyone then they would start making many enemys and make the enemys allies want to go after them. So it would result in them being the one attacked

Third would be to not do the point system or give anyone buffs or debuffs. As if I'm a new player to the server and i joined while others are in the iron age i would more then likely be the one who gets the debuff since I am new. Also this would put down most new people who would want to start there own towns making the more powerful towns get more powerful and the weaker ones will become weaker.

I know you may be worried bout the "bandit" towns but you will end up with people who are looking to pvp. This would allow them to play but at the risk of the server being angry at them and attacking them. As great reward comes with great risk. 

Also be careful with Archimedes ship as it can quickly lag servers with larger ships.

I'm looking forward to the server this might be what me and my group have been looking for. However I do have some suggestions/ Questions. The first being does a player have to be in one of the say 4 homelands/towns.

Well if a player first joins he is a nomad by default. He can then take a look through the world and then dicide where to settle. Then he will probably join that nation.

But if he doesn't:

Like everyone else, he can buy plots in every town and be a trader. But it has no advantage compared to someone who has a homeland.

The difficulty is, that every player can only break/place in his on nations wilderness (to enforce trading). This will be huge areas, enough for everybody, dont worry. But if you have no nation, you are limited to your city plots, and cant go mining.

Now for the rest of this I'm going to assume that no you do not. So with this I would feel that trade should not be as pushed. New players will want to trade to catch up to everyone else quickly. So this will obviously increase trade between players. However those farther in may want only iron if there are in the iron/steel age. Then it would be up to the new player to go mine iron instead of copper or tin to get to the copper or bronze age. I feel trade between players rather then some npc type shop  makes a server more fun then bunch of towns/nations just going back and forth to one central location. Also it would allow more roads to go up to each others towns.

There will always be demand for the lower tier metals as well, especially when sending back colonial goods. I think i'll incorporate a copper or bronze ingot in the recipe for carpenter's blocks as well, to make them a little more valuable. But new players will get tools from there town companions in most cases, i guess.

There will be more than one town per nation later on, we will just start with one each. And because trading is somewhat a necessity, people will hopefully start to build roads, if there is a land connection between the two towns. Trading will be mostly between players.

The only "npc shop" will be when mayors or kings use their tax money to buy the colonial goods to send them away. But this will come later, after everything is established. Its just for glory, a competion which nation can send back the most. You will get some decorative items, perhaps. Just to add some additional demand to keep the economy rolling. But like i said, endgame stuff, we will see how everything develops. Don't think about this now too much.

Secondly, You should allow "bandit" towns. Or towns that just PVP to get all of there goods.This would allow a more slower progression with towns so towns wont get to steel age in a few weeks. Also it would make roads more useful. Saying you have a horse which is really only good in a field sand sucks in forest or mountains unless you have roads. These "bandit" towns wouldn't be able to catch you while on horse to get to another town. As opposed to a player using a horse or walking in a forest were you would either be going slow on a horse or walking and end up getting ambushed by these "bandits."

Also for those more advance towns when they have everything it would allow them to do more if they are able to be one of these "bandit" towns. If they did get to powerful and just attack anyone then they would start making many enemys and make the enemys allies want to go after them. So it would result in them being the one attacked.

Like i said in some previous post, the wilderness is pvp enabled. If you get killed, we wont kick your murderer or sth like that. Just have a nice ingame enemy from there on ;)

So anyone can become a bandit. You would probably roam around in other nations, just out of loyalty towards your own nation. If you have other such unsocial friends, you can call that a bandit town^^. There wont be any special treatment though.

If you claim the road plots as an extention to town territory, and disable pvp in your town, then the road will be safe.

Third would be to not do the point system or give anyone buffs or debuffs. As if I'm a new player to the server and i joined while others are in the iron age i would more then likely be the one who gets the debuff since I am new. Also this would put down most new people who would want to start there own towns making the more powerful towns get more powerful and the weaker ones will become weaker.

I know you may be worried bout the "bandit" towns but you will end up with people who are looking to pvp. This would allow them to play but at the risk of the server being angry at them and attacking them. As great reward comes with great risk. 

Like i said above -  new players will fast reach the tech level of there companions. But why should there be debuffs? Maybe the first ranked nation gets a positive buff (nothing that would throw over the balance), but no negative buffs, i mean they should still be able to catch up and not ne demotivated even more.

I dont want to make pvp something with special treatment and rules. If you are in the wilderness, look out for yourself, if you are in town, you are safe. If people want pvp, they meet in the wilds. No one should be forced, but everyone able to.

Also be careful with Archimedes ship as it can quickly lag servers with larger ships.

I admit i could not test it in multiplayer yet, so im a little scared^^ We will limit the size to very small at first, and make the holm block somewhat expensive. If someone produces to much lag, there is always the mighty fist of adminly justice.

puhh long post, but thank you for your contribution! Understand that i wont step away from the existing plan, because then we never get something started, cause everyone has their own ideas. I will keep it in mind though.

have a nice day

-bruuff

i see meny players use "make town".....so is like I sad: all want to make a town....and in the end we will have 9999 towns with 1 player....i know all of u want to make your town...but is not productive to have 9999 town with 1 player....it is a multiplayer server...co op..rp etc....don't like it don't play it 

Archimedes ships has limited ship blocks to 16x16x16 Thats not that large is it?

I understand that for the most part you will follow your plan, but I think it would be better if all the people who are at the opening of the server can chose which kingdom to join, creating the base for others. Later on, as more people join, automatically put them into the nation with the least amount of people, or if al the nations have an equal population, then let them choose without any information which one to go to. Then the player should have the option to desert the nation for another or go be a hermit, or whatever he/she wants to do. If everyone is a nomad from the start, then you will get tons of small, unofficial settlements with one person 

i see meny players use "make town".....so is like I sad: all want to make a town....and in the end we will have 9999 towns with 1 player....i know all of u want to make your town...but is not productive to have 9999 town with 1 player....it is a multiplayer server...co op..rp etc....don't like it don't play it 

that don't help the overall economy or gameplay.

If we use Archimedes we will have a new "job"....some one can be a sailor....and can transport players and goods...we can have harbor towns

we have to specify from the start what we want to do and what server will be....so players know if they like it or not....I will love if we transfor this server how much we can in an RP server:

i need to traver by water i go to "Joe" the ship captan...i need food i go to the bakery to buy from "john"....etc..

making a town will cost a lot of money. Even if someone is a very successful player, he should need help from others to accumulate that amount. No one will just make his own town when he joins.

We will have a somewhat closed economy, so that money then flows to the nation bank. So if you are King, you could just cheat the system by withdrawing it again... yeah, well its all in the server log and "withdraw" is a good word to search for ;)

I want people to atleast pretend that they are adults.

Archimedes ships has limited ship blocks to 16x16x16 Thats not that large is it?

We will see. Again, lets act like adults and dont build a full 16er cube, then it should be fine.

I understand that for the most part you will follow your plan, but I think it would be better if all the people who are at the opening of the server can chose which kingdom to join, creating the base for others. Later on, as more people join, automatically put them into the nation with the least amount of people, or if al the nations have an equal population, then let them choose without any information which one to go to. Then the player should have the option to desert the nation for another or go be a hermit, or whatever he/she wants to do. If everyone is a nomad from the start, then you will get tons of small, unofficial settlements with one person

They can choose. They should always be able to choose. If one nation has fewer players than others, we can try to put new people preferably there, but it should always be their decision.

For now, deserting will be op only, so that you have to ask an admin if he removes you from your nation, if you have a very good reason.

As a nomad, you can not build in the wilds.

I encourage people to raid any building outside a town without mercy. If you want your stuff to be safe -> build in a town.

If we use Archimedes we will have a new "job"....some one can be a sailor....and can transport players and goods...we can have harbor towns

There are no "jobs". If you want to sail around all day, do it. But you can do the same stuff like everyone else. there is no job system for gods sake.

we have to specify from the start what we want to do and what server will be....so players know if they like it or not....I will love if we transfor this server how much we can in an RP server:

i need to traver by water i go to "Joe" the ship captan...i need food i go to the bakery to buy from "john"....etc..

This is not a rpg server. Atleast not more than any other minecraft server. You dont play a character, you are just you.

There a no npcs, no quests. If you find someone whos nick is "John", you can by bread from John. But you might just buy bread from "XYZ_CrazyBreadMC".

Enough people have responded, that i will make the server white-listed. So at first, you have to apply to me. (or the team, lateron). If you can write some grammatically correct sentences, and dont act like a total child, you will get accepted. Just the filter out the trolls.

what is the form to apply?what we have to tell in the "request" to join the server??

what is the form to apply?what we have to tell in the "request" to join the server??

You clearly already applied a few days ago. What do you think everyone is doing here?

I hate to ask, but how old are you? You are asking stuff and in a way that makes me think you are between 10 and 12. If that it true, i dont think it is a good idea that we play together. People just need a certain readiness of mind, to know what im talking about when i explain the plugins and how they work, and to follow the theme of the server in a way it is expected.

I thought that u will make an application kind since u want to sort the "trolls"...it is easy to jump to the throat of a man....be patient and listen your server players...

About my age u can see it on my profil (I thought you were smart)...u dont have to ask...if u are so curious...

I admit that i use the forum just since this thread, and i was not aware it was in your profile. Yeah, sorry, whatever. Its just that im writing the same shit over and over again and sometimes i let it out on one guy. my bad.

Nice idea!i would also like to join, as soon as the project becomes real :)

I am now finishing up the whole economy / market system and how money should flow. I'll explain my thought process along the way, so some questions that might occur can already be answered.

At first, it thought a closed economy would be the best, but it is bad to regulate. Players that become inactive take money out of circulation, and if more people join, we would have to flush in additional currency. Thats not so nice to maintain, and will probably result in some people that feel treated unfair.

Another thought was, that nations should not inherit money. It is just too much of a responsibility of a single person to handle that account, and it would get even worse if we give multiple people access.

I propose the following system: If towns send colonial goods, they get honor. If a town claims a new plot, that costs honor. This way we also get a good motivation to send back goods in the first place, and claiming town plots does not take money out of the circulation. Towns will have to raise taxes to buy goods that they can trade for honor, so we get motivation for trade instead of a dull npc shop.

Should the server get bigger, and we need to insert more money, we can have events like "Over the next week, the nation that gains the most honor per citizen will get xyz $ divided on equally on all its towns." That again causes trade, teamwork, competition... all the good stuff.

What do you guys think? Im so excited how it'll turn out.

I like it so far ;)

"Towns will have to raise taxes" what taxes we will have in a town?

Each mayor can set the taxes like he wants. This can be any algebraic function, like "0.5xplot, which would mean 0.5$ for each plot you have in this town. He could just to a fixed tax rate of "5", so everyone pays 5$ each ingame day. Or something exponential, thats possible as well.

Remember it gets collected every 20 minutes, and you dont want your citizens be bankrupt just because they are offline for a day, so we have to set very low values here.

If we notice that this gets abused to rob the citizens, i will change it to a fixed tax rate, but lets give it a try first.

yes.

So how do u see a town?only with plots for players were a player build his house and what he want there?(like forge and etc)

a town can be as they players want it to be. There can be private areas, but also community areas that are not for sale, like a town hall. Or something in between, like a marketplace where players just claim a little stall to put a shop there. 

Almost everything playermade will be in towns, so of course also the bigger builds.

I love the idea of honor, especially because even in the real world, there is no closed economy. I understand the reasoning behind using money, but couldn't you just have the tax be in the form of honor, where the citizen has to contribute a certain amount to the nation/city? For trading, just use real materials, not $. If a city or nation wants to have a standard currency, they should have to use resources such as gold, copper, and tin to make coins, or cotton for paper money. I also have a question concerning donators. Will they get any special privileges or perks, or is donating completely anonymous, or do you need donations for the server? I once joined a "no-plugin" server, but it turned out that donators could tp and claim land infinitely, so I'm always cautious about unfair things like that. I don't think that you would do something like that, though, but i wanted to check. BTW, if I misunderstood anything about the currency, please let me know.

I dont like the idea, that people can produce money themselves. We simply loose control over what is worth how much. And you'd always have to carry around your money in your inventory, and the span between "i just want to buy some" food and "my hole inventory is flooded with coins" is just to low. Besides, the whole money system is already prepared and i spend quite some time to add the economy interaction to SkullProtect (my anti grieving , town, nation n stuff plugin)

But you can still just toss things on the ground if you want to trade directly with someone ;)

About donators:

I tried to come up with a good solution, but i didn't find one yet. Any benefit that would be worth buying would ruin the game for the others. Donators might just get a tag in front of their name in chat, but thats it for now. I would not want to play on a pay to win server for a second.

I realize, that i proably wont get much money this way, but hey, maybe that this server so so good and fair will be an argument to donate just to keep it alive^^

Dont worry about it, i can afford it for now.

I understand, but read your first three sentences and tell me that isn't how it actually works.Im glad that you aren't planning on heavily relying on donators, though.

What do you mean exactly? That people should not just cast coins out of the metal they just mined?

Or that money is plugin-based?

It is just much more convienient and easier to handle, to have money that way.

If a player want's to get money, he can go mining, or chop wood,or sth and then go to a shop of some other player that buys this stuff. (you can also buy items with a chestshop).

and for a town to have a plot price or a tax rate, thats optional. if it doesnt work well, they can leave it at 0.

A town doesnt depend on money. Just if you want to buy stuff for a town hall or some other common area, and dont want to rely on donated resources alone.

if it doesnt work well, they can leave the tax rate at 0, and use /town xyz deposit ... each time the town needs money.

I mean that the plugin based money isn't realistic because it requires no resources, but I agree that it does make more sense. When i said that money should be created I meant that people could hand over metal to a national minting process or something like that, so nations have to decide if they want to use extra resources and have a single monetary system.