Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
edo123456

mobs yes or no

6 posts in this topic

i heard terra firma craft is a very hard mod and i dont know if i should play it with or without mobs?

is it realy that hard? (what do you think).

If you don't know how to play, it'll probably be pretty difficult whether mobs are there or aren't. Poke around, see what you can learn and then give it a shot with mobs on. If you don't think it's fun or you can't get very far, turn them off while you get used to the game.

It's primarily a survival mod, so I think it's more fun with mobs on, but it might be a bit much right off the bat.

The challenge of the mod mostly comes from the amount of things you need to learn. Most of the things you do in vanilla do not apply to TFC, like punching wood, mining with stone tools, enchanting, etc.

Health regen is slower, so taking damage is a bit harder and it is typically best to just avoid damage in general.

Night time at the beginning is mostly sitting around crafting things and avoiding monsters, monsters are stronger than you in this mod. However, once you get a pickaxe night time just turns into a dig session. If you have the luck to find and shear some sheep then you can make a bed and not worry about night.

Once you have learnt how the systems work and established yourself (bronze age and beyond) there isn't much of a difference between TFC and Vanilla. The difference is really more daily routines, the game has a larger sense of progression, and everything takes more time to do.

I'll echo what Jyro117 said.  Once you get a pick you just dig through the nights or get a bed and it's easy.  Once you get armor the odds are pretty even but starting out I ran on easy because very often skeletons will spawn with at least a helmet so they don't burn in the day and damn if they don't hurt when they hit.

TFC is hard. If the idea of the game being hard doesn't appeal to you, TFC might not be a good fit. Play the game with mobs on. Scale it back if needed (or get better).

As a BetterThanWolves veteran, I can say so far TFC is actually a rather pleasant and peaceful sort of game in comparison. Just don't go outside at night, keep your wits about you, avoid conflict, and you'll be relaxing in the sun eating venison and potatos off a black marble plate in no time at all.