Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.

66 posts in this topic

So you cloned the repo off of github, and then opened up the command line where the gradlew file in said repo is located, and ran gradlew setupDecompWorkspace?

Indeed I did. I even ran the same command on my build server (Ubuntu) which gave the same result.

Edit: Looks like Forge just doesn't want to decompile: http://gyazo.com/3a1a683a121fd277e8c2bcd631aa30bd

In a fresh forge 1272 dev environment it decompiles fine though

I was going to ask about an issue i was having but while typing I found a solution by just thinking things out. (Meaning I posted this to help others.)

So once the dev environment is setup you need to create an src/main folder...I was being completely stupid and was trying to create something along side the TFC-Master thing...what I need to do is just create a new folder inside and name it src/main like Emris has setup for his mod on github.

For the record I've been messing with modding just in standard forge, but this addon thing is just so different.

edit: Never mind I still don't know what I'm doing...If anyone could help explain how to go about starting to build the addon once the environment is set up that would be very helpful. I understand how most mods work...but TFC seems to be configured a bit differently and I'm not sure on if I should just put my files along side the TFC ones in the same packages/folders or if I should set up another directory to keep everything apart.

Edited by Powerman913717

bump, I need help...explained in above post...sorry for double post.

I've read the other posts about addon making, and I was still have some trouble understanding it. I found this generic guide on addon creation; I did a standard forge setup and I created the "libs" folder as it describes and put the TFC-master folder into it. The problem I am having is even though my mod class states "terrafirmacraft" as a dependency, when I run the mod I get the forge error saying that I don't have TFC installed.

I know that the guide said to set the file as a dependency within eclipse, however I couldn't figure out how so that is where I think the problem is, if anyone could help me register TFC as a dependency within eclipse so that I can run and test the addon as a I create it that would be very helpful.

You completely missed the fact that you shouldn't do a standard forge setup. You should be using the TFC repo to setup forge.

I understood that much, however I was still having trouble with it. So I tried to problem solve and find another way that works better for me, is it required to create addons for TFC that way or can it be done the way described in the guide?

Because TFC doesn't have a traditional API, you cannot do it the way described in the guide you linked.

Ok, then I'll go back to trying to figure out the other way then...

I have one more question, would the TFC API affect the deobf or dev build? According to the guide that is what I am suppose to use, and I just assumed that the TFC-Master was also that type of file.

P.S. Thanks for the help and fast responses Kitty; some feedback is better than getting none.

TFC-Master is just the direct source code of the mod, it hasn't been compiled so you can't use it as an install of TFC unless it's directly included in your workspace.

Ok, follow up question is there a deobf or dev version of TFC for download?

No, but you can compile it yourself by using the github repo.

Download the repo, run setup.bat then run build.bat and grab it out of the build/libs folder. You should probably do some research on modding basics if you're planning on creating an addon and don't know how to compile one from a repo.

thanks for the help, I've done some modding just not much with addon work or with 1.7...I know my way around a good chunk of 1.8. Thanks again Kitty :D

I'm still having trouble I've read like everything on the TFC forums regarding making addons. I am using Kitty's method for setting up the environment, the problem I'm having is understanding how to proceed from there. I know the first thing I need to do is set up my mod class, however I've read things about making a new project within that environment for my addon; or just adding a new source folder, and many other different approachs.

So what I'm asking for is a guide to what I need to do after setting up the environment, I'm following MrCrayFish's guides on youtube for 1.7 modding. Of course he isn't covering addons, or TFC addon production so...I can apply what I learn from there to this...but I have tried so many things and usually I either crash the game when I run (using other dev environment methods) or I can't run it at all to test things (using Kitty's method).