Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
RobearM3

Looking for hardcore seed

7 posts in this topic

I want a seed that isn't like a barren, oreless wasteland. But I want it like, cold region, maybe have to work hard to get stuff. That seems fun.

Every world seed has that if you just teleport yourself to somewhere around Z = -35,000.

I'm not sure what you find so funny. In TFC the worlds actually have relative latitudes based on the Z coordinate. I'm guessing you screwed up and teleported yourself to Y = -35,000, which would be in the void...

Z = 0 is the equator. Z = +/- around 30,000 is something similar to the north and south pole, in which its essentially winter all year round. Longitude (X coords) still means nothing just like in vanilla, and it's infinitely expanding.

To properly teleport yourself to the tundra at the start of a world save, you need to do put yourself in creative mode to avoid suffocation/death via fall damage. Then just put the following command into the chat.

/tp @p ~ ~ -35000

You'll keep the same X and Y coordinate, but your Z will change to -35,000. Dig up out of the ground if it teleported you inside of a hill, or fly down safely if it teleported you up into the air. Then switch back to survival mode and you're good to go!

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Commands#tp

I personally find that to be cheating, although you may have a different point of view. Most seeds generally seem to be in cold enough climates for my taste. The average seems to be about -10,000 which gets a lot of snow at night during the winter. If you want something colder than that, I would suggest starting off, and then migrating north, collecting as many small ores and nuggets as you can while traveling. There should be crops you can harvest for food as you go. At night time you can dig yourself into the ground 3 deep, and then dig around, the grass blocks should not fall. If this seems like an exploit to you, then by all means create enough thatch to create temporary huts.I would make use of this time by making as many vessels as possible for increased resource collection, so be sure to collect clay. It shouldn't be long until you get enough ore for a saw. Make yourself a boat, and when you hit the ocean, travel as far north as possible, until you hit land. If you can travel around that land mass then do so, because boat travel is faster and safer than land travel. You may not be able to if the water is frozen. If that's the case, then travel on foot, and collect more ore and resources as you continue to migrate. It will take a while, but within 30-60 minutes you will legitly find yourself in a suitable climate to your needs. If freezing cold is what you really want. I find this much more rewarding to my senses than using commands which doesn't seem to suit the nature of this mod.

There's a massive flaw in that concept though. In travelling to the area of super-cold.. you gathered materials that cannot be obtained in the super cold.

The whole point of it being hardcore is that you don't have easy access to things like crops, or many saplings or trees to make wood.

The same thing can be achieved in reverse then, but instead of traveling the same distance south, travel 50%, gather crops, then come back. Hell travel as far as you'd like. I love traveling. You cannot "tp" without "cheats" enabled, or a very cheaty mod such as single player commands. They're called "cheats" for a reason. Although you're "cheating" to make things more difficult on yourself? lol?! Oh man.