Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
HyperGamer925

Help With Alloys

14 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone, I've been having trouble lately with making alloys in a kiln, I used to use this site (http://infinitepossibilitygames.com/TFCAlloyCalc/) to find the amounts I'd need to put into the vessel, now, that site is down (don't Know Why) and from what I've seen online pretty much all the sites I looked on said "You need to find a variety of rich poor and normal ores"    I can't do this, because the majority of my world has no ores and the ores I do find are always 25 units, I need help, can anyone give it?

I know the ratios, just not how to make them out of rich and normal ores

You need to use your maths.

If your target is 100 units, whatever the value of the ore is is directly the percent. That is, a "normal" size Tetrahedrite is 25% of a vessel summing up to 100.  If you double the size of your vessel to 200, then each 25 unit Tetra only represents half the percentage, 12.5%. If you triple the vessel to 300 total units, each Tetra is a third, about 8.3%. Just keep increasing the size of your yield (by 100's for ease of calculation) until you get the percentage each ore contributes down to something that fits in your alloy range.

If you post what you have, and what you want, we can help you through the logic of figuring out your minimum batch size.

I want to make bismuth brone, I have 25 unit sphalerite, 25 unit copper and 35 unit bismuth

It depends on how much of Bismuth, Copper, and Sphalerite you have as well as how much it is worth. You can't really make one tool with what you have, because the ratio for Bismuth Bronze doesn't agree. 5 Ingots (5 tools): 2 Bismuth, 5 Sphalerite, 15 Copper (won't be exactly 500 units, there is a bit extra)

The alloy calculator website is working just fine for me. http://infinitepossibilitygames.com/TFCAlloyCalc/

Something to keep in mind is that you aren't always going to be able to get an exact multiple of 100, and that's ok. Just figure out exactly how much you are going to need, and then make a batch that is enough to do that and have some leftover. You can keep the leftovers in a partially filled mold, which you can then later put into your next batch to fill up completely, or you can take two partial molds and heat them up to liquid temperature and then right click one to pour it into the other.

The minimum amount of bismuth bronze that you can make using the ores you stated is 185 units. 2 Sphal, 4 Copper, and 1 Bismuth. So if you don't care about conserving some of a specific ore, you can either just do multiples of that combination, or actually do the math to figure it out yourself for larger batches.

Here's a few examples of small batches that use as little of a specific ore as possible.

Min Bismuth (10.4%) - 335 Units - 3 Sphal, 9 Copper, 1 Bismuth OR 4 Sphal, 8 Copper, 1 Bismuth

Min Sphal (21.3%) - 235 Units - 2 Sphal, 6 Copper, 1 Bismuth

Min Copper (53.6%) - 420 Units - 5 Sphal, 9 Copper, 2 Bismuth

Just keep in mind that the larger the batch you make, the more fine tuning you can do.

Min Sphal (20%) - 1125 Units - 9 Sphal, 5 Bismuth, 16 + 13 Copper

Min Bismuth (10.2%) - 1030 Units - 9 Sphal, 3 Bismuth, 16 + 12 Copper

Min Copper - (50.7%) - 1085 Units - 13 Sphal, 6 Bismuth, 16 + 6 Copper

The alloy system is extremely dynamic. There are many different ways you can approach it based on the type of ores you have available, how many of each ore you have, how much you want to make, and which ores you consider to be more precious.

Once you get a crucible though, the whole system changes because you can just smelt everything into ingot molds, and then you're dealing with single units of each ore by pouring a liquid mold into the crucible, instead of 10, 15, 25 or 30.

That link doesn't work, Kitty. DNS lookup failed.

It works for me. I have no idea why. See?

Posted Image

It's not working for me either, and the "is it down for everyone?" site says it is down for everyone.  Kitty, maybe you have a cashed version that your browser is finding?

I considered that, so I cleared out all of my cookies and my cache, and then I did a hard reset. Still works.  :blink:

The alloy calculator site also works fine for me (using Google Chrome).

Works fine for me, but didn't about a week ago. Chrome as well