Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Owl

A story of an empire

9 posts in this topic

I am considering writing a story of sorts about a civilization's rise and fall, talking place within terrafirmacraft.

I would like input from anyone who would provide it, including actual in game photos of approximations of buildings/architectural styles.

If you are going to write a story you should make sure to use correct Grammar. For instance it would be "A story of an empire". Have you heard the song Word Crimes by Weird Al Yankovic? There is a great music video of it too. It is really funny. Hope you have fun writing.

This would be quite cool, but have you considered maybe a Machinima video? Writing stories is nice, but it can take a lot of time and revision to get it sounding nice. With Machinima videos, you'd only need to practice the lines and movements, and it's easy to see when you go wrong. Not to mention they're also more likely to get seen, so you can get some feedback. 

This would be quite cool, but have you considered maybe a Machinima video? Writing stories is nice, but it can take a lot of time and revision to get it sounding nice. With Machinima videos, you'd only need to practice the lines and movements, and it's easy to see when you go wrong. Not to mention they're also more likely to get seen, so you can get some feedback. 

I have literally zero talent in regards to video editing

At the same time I think you may be overestimating how far i want to go.

@hector grumble

I would've done this if i didn't have to work so much on my fantasy novel and other short stories

I'm currently basing it on what many western fantasy empires are based on, the Roman empire, although this may change or be lost as I go on.

This would probably be like a documentary of sorts, starting at the empires beginning, detailing major conflicts, and changes in society and government.

I currently have a idea how it would go through the capital's founding, their first war with a tribe that constantly raids, expansion, their first "real" war, and then further expansion, with intermissions detailing the time in-between and short stories from the point of view of people belonging to said civilization or people they're involved with interspersed throughout.

So a baroque theme ?

Why don't you put it in a asian region , it wouldn't be that dificult you could emphasise positive angles that are asociated with asians such as productivicty and  polite culture , and how no matter what empires will fall . I guess it would give a better contrast and a dose of freshnes .

Also you could link it with more emotional sequences at major events , such as burning of cities , erasings of faith , and so on :)

Roman empire would be cool as a basis! The technology in TFC matches pretty well for the time period. Basing it too heavily on Rome would be a bad idea I think though. Don't go using latin or anything and you can probably come up with your own architectural styles etc but in terms of cultural values of beliefs I think it could work well :)

Soooooo, did you ever end up writing that story? I see you're still hanging around the forums, and was curious. I wrote a story based on Benign Online back when I was managing a developer team for that game. It was a lot of fun, and I included a lot of the players as characters in the story. Would be cool to read a TFC world story!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0