Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Dries007

[TFC 0.79.23+] TerraFirmaCraft NEI plugin

242 posts in this topic

Unless I am mistaken, shouldn't this menu be avaliable when I hit inventory?

this is just a screen grab I pulled from google, I realize this isnt TFC, but shouldn't this be avaliable?

I appologize if I am clueless, I just recently got back into tfc, I had it working before the update

Posted Image

Try hitting O while your inventory is open, that is the hotkey for hiding the menu.

Try hitting O while your inventory is open, that is the hotkey for hiding the menu.

Oh man, I gone derped.Thanks so much for the help, I was checking on the control options to see if I missed something like that, but couldn't see anything

I appologize for the dumb question. lol

getting an error, too ...

I am using

TerraFirmaCraft-0.79.15.538

NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.4.94-universal

TerraFirmaCraftNEIplugin-1.7.10-1.3.0.18-9 and of course

CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.4.35-universal

Running on a mac, if that helps anything.

The crash report looks as followed:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
There are four lights!

Time: 25.03.15 16:00
Description: There was a severe problem during mod loading that has caused the game to fail

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.dries007.tfcnei.TerraFirmaCraftNEIplugin
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:162)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:502)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:204)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:480)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:867)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.dries007.tfcnei.TerraFirmaCraftNEIplugin
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:191)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.ModClassLoader.loadClass(ModClassLoader.java:58)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:249)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:420)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:208)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:187)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:118)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:492)
... 10 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: net/dries007/tfcnei/TerraFirmaCraftNEIplugin : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:637)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:621)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:182)
... 38 more

Edited by Bunsan
Crash reports go in pastebin or at least spoiler tags.

Please provide a complete crash report, that does not provide all the information needed. The only suggestion I'd make is to try downgrading NEI to build 90, possible that build 94 has an change that isn't supported by the plugin.

getting an error, too ...

I am using

TerraFirmaCraft-0.79.15.538

NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.4.94-universal

TerraFirmaCraftNEIplugin-1.7.10-1.3.0.18-9 and of course

CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.4.35-universal

Running on a mac, if that helps anything.

Are you sure you're not using Java 6? Pretty much all of the other posts in this topic that were from people on macs had to do with the fact that they are still using Java 6, which is not compatible with this addon. You didn't provide the complete crash report, so we really can't help you beyond that. I'd suggest you go back and read the rest of this topic to see if the solution to your problem isn't already listed.

I can't get this to work somehow, just like meh mattski. 

TFC 79.16 broke compatibility with addons, see: http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/8129-07916-compatibility/Using TerraFirmaCraft-0.79.16.642, NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.4.95-universal and TerraFirmaCraftNEIplugin-1.7.10-1.3.0.13 the game crashes when looking up the new TFC hopper recipe.Crash-report: http://paste2.org/xvYe9G7G

All addons with [TFC 0.79.15] in the title should be considered incompatible with 0.79.16, and are to be installed alongside 0.79.16 at your own risk, as it will very likely crash your game and possibly corrupt saves.

Yes, that is the exact post I linked to in my post that you quoted.

Right, so I'm saying that the majority of addon authors already know that .16 broke compatibility. It is your fault as a player if your game crashes for using an outdated addon after extensive warnings to not do so. Don't bother making posts telling addon authors their addons are outdated and crash the game, they already know and it's obvious.

Just because you assume something doesn't mean it's true. Also it's not obvious. Many plugins work across Bukkit API versions for example. We have a plugin running that was made for Minecraft 1.2.5. on a Minecraft 1.8 server.

On any support system it is common practice to post any new issue at least once. Since this issue wasn't reported yet, I posted it here in the correct thread.

If you wish to prevent people from reporting issues then your attitude towards me is a sure fire way of accomplishing that goal.

There are huge big blue warnings on the change log page and the homepage post announcing the update. There was an announcement post created and stickied at the top of this forum. Just because other things may work across versions, doesn't mean that TFC addons will work across versions, especially when there are multiple places on this website that explicitly state that they will not work.

You literally linked the announcement I made stating that addons will not work across versions. How can you possibly read that post, and then make the assumption that any addon will still work?

I never assumed it would work. All I did was report the issue. Are you really that upset that I posted an issue after you made the assumption that it wouldn't work? If anything, it proved you were correct.

So what is the problem here exactly? Are other people upset with me as well? Are you perhaps receiving complaints about me?

You could have just ignored the post. The mod author could have done the same, or maybe he/she could have replied to it. Either way, it's just one post that didn't break any of the forum rules or guidelines. You are going way overboard with this.

Kitty, we are so grateful for all the work you do, but you can not do everything.

For us, as a community, it is actually useful to know exactly which add-ons work and which do not.

It is also a reminder to the mod-developer that their mod doesn't work and that people are still actively using the mod.

As you clearly stated in your mod, you don't know which mods still work and which mods are broken.

Having someone test this for us, specially someone with a pretty active server, is actually great!

No it isn't actually super useful. The current addons available are quite actively developed and many are quite new. So they will be actively working on updates. The danger of players saying they are safe is that unless they look at the code base they are basing stability on what they have tested. It is possible that only certain aspects of mod are functional and a player sees it listed as compatible, uses it and ends up corrupting their save.

Exactly what Bunsan said. Due to the way that this update broke compatibility, the only way that someone can be positively certain that an addon is still compatible is by looking at the code. In the majority of cases, the people with access to the code for addons are the OP of the topic, and therefore can update the topic title so that it will say [TFC 0.79.16]. Considering there were multiple announcements stating that the update broke compatibility, replying to any topics immediately after said update is not helpful. Addon authors need time to update their code. Crash reports aren't any more helpful either, since the changes that this update made will make it very obvious in a development environment of an addon of what parts they need to change to update to be compatible.

Now if say, this had been a week after 0.79.16 had released, then it would be perfectly acceptable to respond to a topic asking if the addon author had considered updating. But responding to an addon telling the author that it is outdated within a few hours of it actually becoming outdated, when they have all already been notified by the actual TFC staff, is not helpful.

The whole point of the announcement post was not just for letting addon authors know they need to update. The huge reason I made that post was to inform players that unless the topic has 0.79.16 in the title, you MUST under ALL circumstances assume that it will not be compatible. If you as a player decided to ignore that assumption, and therefore ignore the guidance given to you by the TFC staff, then we cannot help you.

I'm sorry I haven't replied at all. I've been busy with school and I didn't follow this topic so I didn't get updates via email when people posted.

I'm going to try to get an update out today, if possible.

Updated to 0.79.17 Make sure you download build nr > 19 if you use jenkins. The regular download link should be up to date.

Hello folks, I would appreciate your help. I recently lost a lot of stuff on my expedition for fruit tree saplings (I spawned way up in the north). The problem is, my PC is not the best, in fact, it handles large forrest pretty badly and so any chance of going back and retrieving that stuff is practically impossible, not to mention I died bacause the spikes I get in the forest made me unable to fight properly.

But enough with that stuff, point is, I want to give myself back the items somehow. I managed to get NEI with this plugin up and running on the first try, but I can't use it to give myself any items and I am unable to find out why. I even edited the world using NBTExplorer to turn on the cheats but that didn't work either. When I try tgo give it back via commands it says it cannot find the player. And yes I searched the mod options.

So is there anything I'm missing? Or what would you need to know about my setup?

Edited by Demonic

Hello folks, I would appreciate your help. I recently lost a lot of stuff on my expedition for fruit tree saplings (I spawned way up in the north). The problem is, my PC is not the best, in fact, it handles large forrest pretty badly and so any chance of going back and retrieving that stuff is practically impossible, not to mention I died bacause the spikes I get in the forest made me unable to fight properly.

But enough with that stuff, point is, I want to give myself back the items somehow. I managed to get NEI with this plugin up and running on the first try, but I can't use it to give myself any items and I am unable to find out why. I even edited the world using NBTExplorer to turn on the cheats but that didn't work either. When I try tgo give it back via commands it says it cannot find the player. And yes I searched the mod options.

So is there anything I'm missing? Or what would you need to know about my setup?

Click Options on the bottom left, then click on Inventory then in the upper right click on Global so it instead switches to say World. You should see a button with a W on it. That button means that the option you have set for that world is overriding the option you have set globally. Right-click them all so they're greyed out, and make sure you have it set to Cheat Mode for both the World and the Global settings.

Posted Image

By the gods, it worked! Thank you for the extremely quick and extremely helpfull response, you saved me! You really did! Oh and BTW, thank you for the TFC I almost lost my hope I'll find this kind of mod, when I found TFC. :)

Edit: I have deleted your post because it is inappropriate to post logs or crash reports on any forum like this. Use something like pastebin to host logs and post link. Explain your problem and how to reproduce. Post the full version numbers of the mods you are using. Post a proper bug report not spam like this.

Edited by Bunsan
Random huge log spam.