Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Evonus

World Generation not spawning Clay

3 posts in this topic

Version #: B 79SSP/SMP (Single/MultiPlayer): SIngle PlayerSuggested Name: AmericaSuggested Category: SevereDescription: I am completly unable to find clay on the worlds I have been Generating I've tried 3 now since B 79 came out. Also there are no flowers at all generating. I'm unsure why this is but Each time ive tried just running around to make sure its not just the terrain or biome I am in I spent a good 6 hours trying to find a flower on the first world i made after b79 came out. I love terrafirmacraft but i cant find flowers or clay with the current build I am unsure why this would be.I have tried digging randomly in spots to check and see if it was just the flowers not spawning allowing me to find clay easier or what but no I have not found clay yet on any of the three worlds ive made I will try to make another one and call it clayworld and maybe the world gen will give me some but im not to hopeful and advice that can be given to me would be great. I even tried removing all of the files and redownloading them and putting them in fresh and still was unable to get clay that was on the third world I generated by the way.Have you deleted your config files and are still able to reproduce this bug?: YesDo you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed?: NoIf yes, which mods?If you have Optifine or Cauldron installed, can you still reproduce the bug after uninstalling them? NoPastebin.com link of the Crash Report: Its not a crash.

------------------------------------------------ Edited Part v ----------------------------------------------------

More Info added I found clay.

So i gave up exploring the worlds i had made and just kept making new worlds naming them 1 , 2, 3, ... and so forth i explored a little of each on my 15 world i turned cheats on to allow myself flight and about 10k blocks away from my starting point which was 760 x -9000ish I saw one of the new whiteish flowers i then explored a lot of the area which was around 4600 x 2900ish. i then found some of the new orange flowers and next to a hot springs i found the clay flowers and clay.

Pls note that I thouroughly explored the entire area between my starting point and this also I have explored more of this world and this is the only pokect of clay i have found still... there is a bunch of it but not near enough for the entire gaming experience.

Point i flew to and explored along the way in search of more clay. 0 -1/ 7000 -5000/ -7000 -5000/ 0 -17000 and out of all that flying around i only saw the one pocket of clay should i post my config file or something i did change the 96 days a year to double that at 192. I just dont know what to do in order to get the clay generation i had in previous builds

Edited by Evonus

You're probably just getting really unlucky with your world seeds, and they are spawning you in the dry, hot plains areas near the equator.

The fastest way to check if your spawn is going to have clay nearby is to hit F3 and look at the rainfall value. If it's higher than 500, there should be clay around.

I can confirm the world does have clay, however as Kittychanley said: you can get unlucky and spawn in an area that has no clay at all. But as everything now depends on clay, if you can't find any, you can immediately proceed to a new world, because you won't be able to advance without.

Unless you of course like the extra challenge.