Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Dano6655

[Cauldron?] Alcohol Chat Issue

8 posts in this topic

MultiplayerSuggested Name: Alcohol chat disconnectSuggested Category: AnnoyingDescription: When chatting on a server while drunk it just disconnects you instead of slurring your chatHave you deleted your config files and are still able to reproduce this bug?: YesDo you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed?: YesIf yes, which mods?

zan's minimap

map writer

fastcraft

NEI

optifine

waila

If you have Optifine or Cauldron installed, can you still reproduce the bug after uninstalling them?.

yes

Passed on to Dunk, thanks for the report.

Anymore information you can provide? This didn't happen when I was testing alcohol chat before release and I wasn't able to reproduce it just now.

here's a log from the server console of the test I just ran: Each time, I was attempting to say "Why hello there" and you can see the different ways it came out. I wasn't kicked from the server. I tried de-opping myself and still nothing happened. 

[16:57:12] [server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer]: Why helloo there
[16:57:17] [server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer]: Why hello there
[16:57:18] [server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer]: Whyy hello there
[16:57:20] [server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer]: Why helloo there
[16:57:34] [server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer]: Opped nikstick22
[16:57:39] [server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer]: De-opped nikstick22
[16:57:42] [server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer]: Wwhy hello there

My conclusion would be that it's either related to being connected to a non-local server or another mod.

Well all I can say is the server didn't have any additional mods on it at the time and I drank a ton of alcohol just for kicks. When I tried to talk I'd get disconnected and it persisted until I was killed. I gave some to another person and the same thing happened to him. I was drinking specifically rum if I remember correctly.

Well all I can say is the server didn't have any additional mods on it at the time and I drank a ton of alcohol just for kicks. When I tried to talk I'd get disconnected and it persisted until I was killed. I gave some to another person and the same thing happened to him. I was drinking specifically rum if I remember correctly.

If you could possibly get the server logs (console and otherwise) for the period of time when the kicks happened, and then upload them to pastebin and link it here, it would likely be a lot of help in narrowing down the problem.

Here is the server log from that time period. The whole thing starts at 19:20. The client side probably helps more, but thats all i can provide, i didn't drink rum and didn't crash myself.

http://pastebin.com/KW8khMWp

Array index out of bounds.

I haven't tried it with just forge instead of cauldron, might be a cauldron thing. On the other hand, the client crashed, not the server.

fyi chat formatting is done via this, but i don't see any problem here.

@EventHandler	public void onChat(AsyncPlayerChatEvent event){			Player player = event.getPlayer();		ChatColor playercolor = main.splayer.get(player.getUniqueId()).getNation().getPlayerColor();		if(event.getPlayer().isOp())        {            event.setFormat(ChatColor.LIGHT_PURPLE + "<" + playercolor + event.getPlayer().getName() + ChatColor.LIGHT_PURPLE + "> " + ChatColor.WHITE + event.getMessage());        }        else        {            event.setFormat(ChatColor.WHITE + "<" + playercolor + event.getPlayer().getName() + ChatColor.WHITE + "> " + event.getMessage());        }	}

afaik, TFC uses the correct forge event for chat handling. I expect it is a cauldron related issue, but I'd have to know more about cauldron to say for sure.

It's extremely likely that this is a cauldron issue. Even with only the client "crashing" it was an internal server error "crash", so the server does play a role in it. Unless you can reproduce it without Cauldron installed, our hands our tied and there really isn't anything that we can do.

As stated in our Official Bug List:

If you have Optifine or Cauldron installed, can you still reproduce the bug after uninstalling them?
*Both Optifine and Cauldron edit the base classes of forge that TFC uses. Because of this, we cannot officially support any issues that happen only when these mods are installed.

This post is a good read on the topic as well: