Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ThomThomson

Biome Ids for Terrafirmacraft Biomes

7 posts in this topic

For the past while, I have been trying to create a custom worldpainter map for use in TFC, but I am unable now to test my theories inside the game because TFC crashes if a vanilla biome is included in the map. In order to get around this roadblock I need the biome ids for all of the TFC Biomes.

http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Biome

If anyone can help me locate these, I would appreciate it. 

I used NEI to do a data dump of all the used biomes. 

0 Ocean

1 Plains

2 Lake

3 High Hills

4 Forest

5 Taiga

6 Swamp

7 River

8 Hell

9 Sky

10 FrozenOcean

11 FrozenRiver

12 Ice Plains

13 Ice Mountains

14 MushroomIsland

15 MushroomIslandShore

16 Beach

17 Gravel Beach

18 ForestHills

19 TaigaHills

20 High Hills Edge

21 Jungle

22 JungleHills

23 JungleEdge

24 Deep Ocean

25 Stone Beach

26 Cold Beach

27 Birch Forest

28 Birch Forest Hills

29 Roofed Forest

30 Rolling Hills

31 Mountains

32 Mountains Edge

33 Mega Taiga Hills

34 Extreme Hills+

35 High Plains

36 Deep Ocean

37 Mesa

38 Mesa Plateau F

39 Mesa Plateau

129 Sunflower Plains

130 Desert M

131 Extreme Hills M

132 Flower Forest

133 Taiga M

134 Swampland M

140 Ice Plains Spikes

149 Jungle M

151 JungleEdge M

155 Birch Forest M

156 Birch Forest Hills M

157 Roofed Forest M

158 Cold Taiga M

160 Mega Spruce Taiga

161 Mega Spruce Taiga

162 Extreme Hills+ M

163 Savanna M

164 Savanna Plateau M

165 Mesa (Bryce)

166 Mesa Plateau F M

167 Mesa Plateau M

Sorry, forums blew up my formatting. I'm working on a config for Antique Atlas.

I used NEI to do a data dump of all the used biomes. 

Sorry, forums blew up my formatting. I'm working on a config for Antique Atlas.

Those are vanilla biome IDs, not TFC ones.

My mistake. When I changed the config for the biomes that TFC overwrites and saw the correct change on the map, I assumed I had found the correct id's.

You can get them on github : https://github.com/Deadrik/TFCraft/blob/master/src/Common/com/bioxx/tfc/WorldGen/TFCBiome.java

It starts at line 45, the biome id is the number between parenthesis : TFCBiome(id)

If those are all the IDs TFC uses, I've got a basic Antique Atlas config (textures.json) tweaked to work somewhat sensibly with them:

{  "0": "WATER",  "1": "PLAINS",  "2": "WATER",  "3": "HILLS",  "4": "FOREST",  "5": "PINES",  "6": "SWAMP",  "7": "WATER",  "9": "BEACH",  "10": "FROZEN_WATER",  "11": "FROZEN_WATER",  "12": "SNOW",  "13": "MOUNTAINS",  "14": "MUSHROOM",  "15": "BEACH",  "17": "BEACH",  "16": "BEACH",  "19": "PINES_HILLS",  "18": "FOREST_HILLS",  "21": "JUNGLE",  "20": "HILLS",  "22": "JUNGLE_HILLS",  "31": "MOUNTAINS",  "30": "HILLS",  "35": "PLAINS",  "32": "MOUNTAINS",  "36": "WATER"}

I imagine we can probably remove the unused biome IDs without issue...

Using the above configuration, the landscape all makes sense but it becomes apparent that we do not see any forest details; I'm guessing that TFC does not rely on biomes alone to determine which locations have tree growth.

With TFC's several "hill"-like areas (High Hills, Rolling Hills, and High Plains), we could make use of PINES_HILLS, FOREST_HILLS, and JUNGLE_HILLS to differentiate them on the map (I'm using just HILLS for them all, except PLAINS for High Plains), at the expense of accuracy of what is depicted (i.e. the eponymous tree types).

Using the above configuration, the landscape all makes sense but it becomes apparent that we do not see any forest details; I'm guessing that TFC does not rely on biomes alone to determine which locations have tree growth.

Correct, which is why it has been stated in all other topics regarding the Atlas mod that the only thing it's going to show you is general shape, and water. Everything else in TFC (trees, animals, etc) is based off of climate, and has basically nothing to do with biome.