Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Codaisthisguy

Mobile back mounted log carrying aparatus.

26 posts in this topic

Yes! I really like this idea! Awesome awesome idea! It doesn't even have to be that small like the back mounted barrel/vessel.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Say it should be like a quiver in a way, carry about 8 stacks of logs and a pair of tools. Not exactly realistic, but it is believable, and handy.

I think this is a great idea, so long as it comes with a nerf to how many logs you can carry without it. Perhaps reduce the default stack size? Edit: It would be nice if these could accept logs automatically, similar to how the quiver works, rather than needing to be inserted manually.

This could be very usefull, I think that nerfing current logs would be unnecessary if the log pack could carry a decent amount. I like to see it more as a benificial extra instead of a required tool.

This could be very usefull, I think that nerfing current logs would be unnecessary if the log pack could carry a decent amount. I like to see it more as a benificial extra instead of a required tool.

Well, if you're on a log cutting binge, it will certainly help for space.It's only meant to be a tool for assistance anyways, not mandatory to carry logs.

THIS IS A FRICKIN AWESOME IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great, should definitely be implemented

Excellent idea to complement the recent back mounted items addition

Thank you for all the support, here's hoping the devs like the idea as much as the community does. They're the ones who have to put up with making it a part of the game. ^^

I think this is interesting, but if the recipe requires rope then the player will already be in the Metal Ages, wont they?

I think this is interesting, but if the recipe requires rope then the player will already be in the Metal Ages, wont they?

No, all they need is the right plant... that I can't remember the name too... and a large vessel. So they'll be in the clay age, or they can go right to the early metal ages and still have the benefit of a "mass" storage for logs while trying to collect for things like construction or charcoal pits. 

Jute is the word your looking for,  and ya at most all you would need is a saw to make a barrel so early early metal age. I would consider this a mid game tool, personaly i dont go on large log collecting trips till i have a house and im in full charcoal production mode.

Jute is the word your looking for,  and ya at most all you would need is a saw to make a barrel so early early metal age. I would consider this a mid game tool, personaly i dont go on large log collecting trips till i have a house and im in full charcoal production mode.

You don't even need a saw. You can process jute in a clay large vessel, which requires no metal at all.

Ha, I forgot about the vessel. I only tried 79 for a couple hours before i went back to 78 to wait out the bugfixes... I guess I still haven't acclimated.

Tere should be some sort of debuff system where the more heavy stuff you carry in your inventory the slower you move/the faster you fall. This item could stop that from happening in the case of logs.

I like.

Tere should be some sort of debuff system where the more heavy stuff you carry in your inventory the slower you move/the faster you fall. This item could stop that from happening in the case of logs.I like.

Think things already slow you down by weight, and that's kinda the point as far as slinging something over your back. So as to not burden you as much.

The beauty of the idea is that it's not tied to what age you're in. It's meant simply to help in collecting excess amounts of wood, or just to keep them out of your inventory. Logs are heavy, so slinging them on your back would also help with the burden of their weight, and make it easier to manage/ reduce the amount of speed you lose for carrying the same amount in your inventory.The issue I see now is how much wood it would be able to carry, should be believable, but not too unrealistic/realistic. I'd say 8 stacks would be good, myself, putting it on par with the quiver in size and inventory management, as well as giving it some what of a competitive weight to a stock full barrel on one's back. any other opinions?

You don't even need a saw. You can process jute in a clay large vessel, which requires no metal at all.

I wasnt 100% on that so I didnt want to get my info wrong.

8 stacks seems like a good number. I think that it would have to be balanced against donkeys who can carry 15 stacks, thats what ive use when I go logging. 8 is about half of 15 so it seems ok. Getting donkeys is harder now so it also gives more insentive to get the lumber pack.

8 stacks seems like a good number. I think that it would have to be balanced against donkeys who can carry 15 stacks, thats what ive use when I go logging. 8 is about half of 15 so it seems ok. Getting donkeys is harder now so it also gives more insentive to get the lumber pack.

Donkeys were updated in 79 so they have the same restrictions as chests (No logs, ingots, etc.)

OH NOS, now I really must have this MBMLCA, also we need a better acronym.

OH NOS, now I really must have this MBMLCA, also we need a better acronym.

We'll stick it with the combustible lemons on the "needs a complicated acronym for the sake of portal references." list.

yeah, but to make rope out of that jute you need a 3x3 crafting bench