Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
kev12east

[TFC 0.79.27] Technofirma Mod Pack

339 posts in this topic

Thanks for the tip, saw the github bump to Forge 1272, and since I always use the Github version, was going to update anyways.

Thanks for the tip, saw the github bump to Forge 1272, and since I always use the Github version, was going to update anyways.

Be careful distributing the github version, there is often a reason we haven't done an actual release with the content on there yet, because there are times where we haven't confirmed the fixes/changes applied are actually working 100% properly.

Be careful distributing the github version, there is often a reason we haven't done an actual release with the content on there yet, because there are times where we haven't confirmed the fixes/changes applied are actually working 100% properly.

I always try to test the version out fully before updating. 

Also, on the topic of snow, does TFC do anything special with it? The weather2 fix I made seems to have been a fluke, and I'm curious if there's anything I can do to re-fix it.

Yes, TFC has it's own version of snow.

I mean, does TFC have any specific rules for it being placed? I.E. if you see snow falling, can snow form on the ground?

TFC has to completely rewrite snow because of the temperature system. Vanilla Minecraft will only snow in certain biomes or altitudes, TFC can snow anywhere that the temperature is below 0. I'd suggest doing a search for "snow" on github and taking a look at all the different classes including BlockCustomSnow, TFCProvider and WeatherManager. There was also a commit not too long ago that was snow-related. You can find more info about that here: http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/7080-remove-snow-accumulation-limit/

Cool, thanks. Going to go ahead and ask the Weather 2 author for direct support, hopefully things will be fixed.

@kittey:

public static boolean canSnow(World world, int x, int y, int z)

{

if(TFC_Climate.getHeightAdjustedTemp(world, x, y, z) <= 0)

return true;

return false;

}

@Override

public boolean canPlaceBlockAt(World world, int i, int j, int k)

{

Block block = world.getBlock(i, j - 1, k);

if (block == TFCBlocks.Ice)

return false;

if (block == TFCBlocks.Leaves || block == TFCBlocks.Leaves2)

return true;

if (World.doesBlockHaveSolidTopSurface(world, i, j-1, k))

return true;

return false;

}

@Override

public boolean canSnowAt(int x, int y, int z, boolean checkLight)

{

if (TFC_Climate.getHeightAdjustedTemp(worldObj,x, y, z) > 0)

return false;

Material material = worldObj.getBlock(x, y, z).getMaterial();

if (material == Material.snow)  // avoid vanilla MC to replace snow

return false;

if(TFCBlocks.Snow.canPlaceBlockAt(worldObj, x, y, z) && material.isReplaceable())

return true;

return false;

}

Why do all of these return false? I've been reading the code and cannot figure out why these return true. (I only have a very basic understanding of Java, so I apologize if this is a stupid question). Also, in TFCProvider.java, Material.snow is used (in place of Blocks.snow?), would changing this to Blocks.snow or changing Weather2 to use Material.snow (github) fix the lack of snow placement? 

In java, return statements exit out of a method and none of the code after it is called. So to put those methods in more common terms:

canSnow:if the temperature is less than or equal to 0 (freezing)    then return true; yes it can snow there. - ignore further codeotherwise return false; no it cannot snow there.canPlaceBlockAt:block = the block below the actual block being checked.if block is a TFC ice block    then return false; no snow cannot be placed here - ignore further codeif block is a TFC leaf block    then return true; yes snow can be placed here - ignore further codeif block is solid on top    then return true; yes snow can be placed here - ignore further codeotherwise return false; no snow cannot be placed here.

The difference between Material.snow and Blocks.snow is that any block, including mod blocks can have a snow material. Blocks.snow is only the vanilla snow block, and nothing else.

Edit: Here's what appears to be the problem. TFC has its own snow blocks that are generated when it is snowing. These are not vanilla snow blocks. In order to stop some weird bugs from happening, TFC disables vanilla snow blocks from accumulating. Weather 2 storms try to accumulate vanilla snow, because it has no idea what to do with a TFC snow block.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the info, I will ask the mod author of Weather 2 if it would be possible to change that, and hopefully that fixes this snow issue. 

Thanks for all the help Kitty, it's nice to have devs that actually respond :)

Update 2.5.0

Forge Version: 10.13.1.1272

Added IVtoolkit: Ivorius
Added Ye Gamol Chattel: Ivorius
Added TFC Udary Addon: Bletch1971
Added Quadrum:dmillerw
Added Thut Mods
Added Journey Map

show needed vanilla items -- done
journeymap (make sure to disable either it, or opis, 2 maps are not needed) -- done
updated mods -- done
fix table recipe (acacia wood) -- done
hopper recipe -- done
weaken physics for raw stone, brick, and smooth stone -- done
remove tnt recipe by land (vanilla sand is obtainable) -- done
dirt physics -- done
set items to despwn -- done
resonant induction
respirator resipe -- done
concrete -- done
air quality -- done
The portable Electric Mining drill is now faster than any pickaxe -- done

remove opis from server (conflicting with other mods, caused more lag than was necessary) -- done
brick physics -- done
smooth physics -- done
Cobble physics -- done
Farm land physics -- done
rename carpenters blocks wooden construction frames -- done

Is there like a test server for this? If not, is it possible to make one?

@kev12east

You, sir, are awesome!  Please continue refining and upgrade this pack.  :)

btw:  Don't worry if you can't get weather2 working properly with the tfc snow. Seems like a lot of work to me.

is the ftb version updated I want to take a crack at it again

Edit: It works but it's really laggy which is either my computer or the particle effects or the weather mod unless that's already disabled.

Is there like a test server for this? If not, is it possible to make one?

There is a public server, it should already be listed in your client. IF not, the ip is mc.darkserver.co.uk

@kev12east

You, sir, are awesome!  Please continue refining and upgrade this pack.  :)

btw:  Don't worry if you can't get weather2 working properly with the tfc snow. Seems like a lot of work to me.

Glad you enjoy the pack, I've talked with the author of the weather mod, and he has agreed to fix it.

is the ftb version updated I want to take a crack at it again

Edit: It works but it's really laggy which is either my computer or the particle effects or the weather mod unless that's already disabled.

Tray installing fastcraft and/or FPS++, both should help with lag issues.

Pushed hotfix 2.5.1, removes minetweaker recipe maker. to join the server, you must disable or delete to connect to the public server

The newest version is unstable for me.  Under 2.4.0, I don't think I ever experienced even 1 crash.  But with 2.5.0, it crashes about 25% of the time on new world creation, and also occasionally while exploring new areas.  (also tried with minetweaker recipe maker disabled). I wonder if it's related to Quadrum.  Anyways, I'm reverting back to 2.4.0 for now.

Already have sent fixes for those issues to FTB, so when they update (2.5.2), everything should be working. 

Is there any way to get rid of all of the hover information in the inventory?  I'm refering to the item ID next to the item's name (it's turned off in NEI, but something else is showing it), the item's weight, ore dictionary info, the terrafirmacraft:ore.iron, etc.  The default TFC stuff like "Heavy, small" is fine but there is just way too much clutter added by other mods.

Likely the ore dictionary is from NEI. There is a dev option to display that information. Also possible from minetweaker, but you would have had to toggle that on, if it still exists in build 3.

The newest version is unstable for me.  Under 2.4.0, I don't think I ever experienced even 1 crash.  But with 2.5.0, it crashes about 25% of the time on new world creation, and also occasionally while exploring new areas.  (also tried with minetweaker recipe maker disabled). I wonder if it's related to Quadrum.  Anyways, I'm reverting back to 2.4.0 for now.

I too am having similar crash issues.  They seem to only occur when structure generation is enabled.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----// Who set us up the TNT?Time: 1/7/15 9:12 PMDescription: Exception ticking worldjava.lang.NullPointerException: Exception ticking world        at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.ExtendedBlockStorage.func_150818_a(SourceFile:57)        at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_150807_a(Chunk.java:595)        at net.minecraft.world.World.func_147465_d(World.java:451)        at com.bioxx.tfc.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenMinable.BODgenerateVein(WorldGenMinable.java:280)        at com.bioxx.tfc.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenMinable.createMine(WorldGenMinable.java:113)        at com.bioxx.tfc.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenMinable.generate(WorldGenMinable.java:145)        at com.bioxx.tfc.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenOre.createOreVein(WorldGenOre.java:167)        at com.bioxx.tfc.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenOre.oreSmallVein(WorldGenOre.java:70)        at com.bioxx.tfc.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenOre.generate(WorldGenOre.java:59)        at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry.generateWorld(GameRegistry.java:106)        at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73153_a(ChunkProviderServer.java:280)        at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76624_a(Chunk.java:1045)        at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.originalLoadChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:190)        at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.loadChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:131)        at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73158_c(ChunkProviderServer.java:101)        at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73154_d(ChunkProviderServer.java:199)        at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72964_e(World.java:419)        at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_147456_g(WorldServer.java:313)        at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:183)        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:625)        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)        at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

Additional searching makes me feel like this is a related post, but the above crash isn't generating enough detail for me to easily determine which mod has the bad behavior.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/modification-development/1437329-1-7-2-forge-problem-with-seeds

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php?topic=22225.0

The seed in question (flying around a bit from spawn) that I seem to be able to 'often' reproduce the issue on is 1574030000.  I was near -213,?,-87?? (and flying vaguely less negative Z in creative) as I crashed the most recent time.  Trying to clone the world it crashed on startup that time.  I suspect it depends on some mod's added plant item (given the above) which appear to be placed with more random elements.  A precisely repeatable test case seems elusive, but the environmental zone that this item occurs in is a requirement for the test case.

I too am having similar crash issues.  They seem to only occur when structure generation is enabled.

The seed in question (flying around a bit from spawn) that I seem to be able to 'often' reproduce the issue on is 1574030000.  I was near -213,?,-87?? (and flying vaguely less negative Z in creative) as I crashed the most recent time.  Trying to clone the world it crashed on startup that time.  I suspect it depends on some mod's added plant item (given the above) which appear to be placed with more random elements.  A precisely repeatable test case seems elusive, but the environmental zone that this item occurs in is a requirement for the test case.

You are experiencing this crash:

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/7700-solved-07915-world-gen-crash/

There is a mistake in the TFCOres.cfg file, so it is trying to generate an Ore block that doesn't exist. Either delete your TFCOres.cfg file, or update it to be the correct version listed in that post. The reason that the game isn't consistently crashing is that it will only happen when you are in the correct stone type that has been listed as valid for spawning that ore, and it actually tries to generate the vein.

Likely the ore dictionary is from NEI. There is a dev option to display that information. Also possible from minetweaker, but you would have had to toggle that on, if it still exists in build 3.

I disabled NEI and it is indeed NEI putting in some of the information.  I can't the dev menu though?  I googled around and found that is indeed where I could disable things, just can't find it.

With NEI disabled I still get some information I'd rather not have.

Posted Image

Any way to remove the (#4253/11) and terrafirmacraft:item.Ore?  Weight too, but I don't mine that one as much.  The other two expand the width of the flyout and with stuff like Wrought Iron Ignot it's sometimes too large for me as I don't play fullscreen.

I disabled NEI and it is indeed NEI putting in some of the information.  I can't the dev menu though?  I googled around and found that is indeed where I could disable things, just can't find it. With NEI disabled I still get some information I'd rather not have.

Any way to remove the (#4253/11) and terrafirmacraft:item.Ore?  Weight too, but I don't mine that one as much.  The other two expand the width of the flyout and with stuff like Wrought Iron Ignot it's sometimes too large for me as I don't play fullscreen.

Have you tried doing F3+H while your inventory is closed?

Edit: That's the vanilla command to show more/less information, and some mods like inventory tweaks piggy back on that as well.

The world gen crash will be fixed in the next update, as will the extra information on tools.