Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
kev12east

[TFC 0.79.27] Technofirma Mod Pack

339 posts in this topic

Awesome, fixed the resource pack thing by zipping my pack - thanks for the suggestion.

Strange as it's always worked unzipped.  I use it that way as it's easier to browse and edit since you don't get previews while it's zipped.

Found a very minor problem I thought I'd point out - the water turbine in ELN doesn't appear to work with TFC's water, it just flows right through - no turning and no power.

Update 2.9.0

Forge Version: 10.13.1.1307

Added TFC cellars addon, Sladki
Added Darkserver Utilites and Added Technofirma, FailMelon
Added FMP Integration, wasiebob
Added Voxelmap, Mamya0taru
Added parachute mod, crackedEgg
Added JourneyMap Fiarplay, techbrew
Added Thaumcraft NEI plugin, DJGiannz
Added Thaumcraft, Azanor
Added Thaumcraft Mob Aspects, iguana_man
Added Schematica, Lunatrius
Added Lunatrius Core, Lunatrius
Added OpenPrinter, MichiyoRavencroft
Added TabbyChat, killjoy1221
Added MC+ API/Cart/Lock/Collision, Anykuo1
Added CobbleHaters, skyboy026

Fixed street lamps not being placed
Fixed ships dropping air roofs and air walls
Fixed EA watermills (they now work!)
Enable vanilla chest recipe (vanilla chest can not be placed, only used for recipes and in carts
Fixed X-Ray scanner not detecting TFC ores
Fixed Auto-Miner not detecting TFC ores
Infusion altar recipes use ore dictionary, even if NEI doesn't show it! Always go for the TFC equivalent, when possible!
Added Prospecting wand focus, for use in finding TC ores that spawn in world
turned down frequency of TFC cave ins
Other fixes, and some tweaks
Always check NEI for recipes, and make sure to turn the page!

Many thanks to FailMelon for making not one, but two(!) custom mods that fix and enable more options for this pack!

Official Public Server Updated, with a Map Reset. 
Update should go live on FTB shortly.
Edited by kev12east

I just grabbed this pack and was having fun until my view started shaking violently (I guess it's simulating shivering in the cold?) and it instantly gave me a headache and had to stop playing.  What do I need to do to disable that? It completely kills the game for me.

Edit: I tried killing myself and even switching to creative mode and the shaking won't stop when I'm on the ground. It doesn't present itself when I'm flying. 

Edit 2: After an hour or two of digging around I think it was the Earthquake function in Enviromine. I guess an earthquake triggered and never stopped. I disabled earthquakes and reloaded the game and it seems to have fixed it. May want to look into that.

Edited by Glockshna

I Keep crashing whenever i start up this pack. i am sorry if this is so long I cant find the spoiler button on the tool bar.

Never mind! I just had to update my java
Edited by KyleMan

Very soon I will be releasing build 2.9.1, which will disable earthquakes. It will also update TFC to build 0.79.17.

Bibliocraft was causing the problem with un-zipped ressource pack, it should be fixed with the latest version of bibliocraft (that now have a new compatibility addon).

My game keeps saying "Your minecraft has run out of memory," any one know a way to fix this?

My game keeps saying "Your minecraft has run out of memory," any one know a way to fix this?

Give it more memory. Google is your friend. :)

Bibliocraft was causing the problem with un-zipped ressource pack, it should be fixed with the latest version of bibliocraft (that now have a new compatibility addon).

Well, That's another thing to update.  Hopefully that version fixes it.

I found a bug with the Autominer and the Arcane Bore: both return the wrong type of rock when mining stone, eg. Marbel turns into Rock Salt, Chalk in to Conglomerate Stone.

Edit: seems there is already a bug report for it 

Edited by Stage

It is an old problem that Kitty thought she had solved.

Give it more memory. Google is your friend. :)

Thanks kitty! It works great now!

Also, I thinks you should add the progression mod to this mod pack kev12east. It will make the players craft items that you want them to craft first before another thing, and it can give them rewards! Kinda like hqm but with a little more 

--snip--

Also, I thinks you should add the progression mod to this mod pack kev12east. It will make the players craft items that you want them to craft first before another thing, and it can give them rewards! Kinda like hqm but with a little more 

I've looked at that mod, and it is most certainly interesting. The two main problems I see with this is the difficulty of designing a good tech tree, and that fact that this pack was never meant to be like Agrarian Skies or other questing packs, which give an end goal and limit player actions. I like the freedom of having no quest line, and being able to build what you want, when you want, because you want to, not because a quest told you to make this thing (someone is writing quests for this pack; however, I do not want questing to become the main focus of this pack). I may save this mod for Technofirma 3, or if I do add it earlier, it will at best be some minor logical recipes sequences (ex: boat>hand cart>ship>rails/steam engine>plane). My main focus for the next major update right now is world gen, as I am planning a more realistic/newer system of terrain generation, and as such am considering changing how ores work (at least on servers).

Just to clarify some things, as this was never made clear at any point in the history of this pack:

This pack has it's origins in another pack I made, Dextek, which was a private server pack for DarkserverUK. Dextek was a mod pack in which I added whatever I wanted, and changed other things whenever. At one point, I added Terrafirmacraft. After some time, I managed to get Gregtech to at least partially work with TFC. It was at a later date that I found a thread on the FTB forums discussing the possibility of a TFC modpack coming to the launcher.  It was a subject of much debate on that thread if it were possible to add TFC into a modpack with other tech mods or not. To put it simply I said it was, and others disagreed. After some time had passed, I compiled a modpack called Technofirma (very original, I know), and released it on the FTB launcher. As far as I know, this was the first modpack of it's kind, and that really annoyed me at the time. To put it shortly, this modpack began as nothing more than a proof of concept, and with the idea that other modpacks utilizing Terrafirmacraft would come about, or community interest would be strong enough that I simply could leave pack development to the community, and the project would be over. To the extent of those goals, this pack has been completed, and has been for awhile now (I can name at least one pack that comes from Technofirma, and there's a modpacks sub-forum on the TFC forums, need I say more?).  However, I met new people, and saw a real interest (and a surprising enjoyment in the pack I had put together), and as such I continued to develop it (a player of this pack has actually written a mod for this pack).  I still plan on developing this pack, but there will still be some experimentation going on, as it is with Thaumcraft, and soon to be some other mods. 

I know I don't say this very often, I really do appreciate the work the modders have done, the permission to use their amazing works in this modpack, and the users, who keep me making this pack. To be honest, I think the term "pack maker" or "pack developer" is really inaccurate, we don't really do much accept throw mods together, change some configs, and hope all turns out well.

And as such, thank you,

kev12east

Edited by kev12east

That snow bug that has been plaguing this pack from the beginning is gone! Something to look forward to in the next update, and in the north/south arctic regions.

Posted ImagePosted Image

This modpack is fantastic.  <3  Thank you so much for doing this.  This and TFC have given me a reason to play and enjoy Minecraft again!Also, I hope that one day implementation of cubic chunks (Tall Worlds Mod... once it becomes actually stable) becomes possible.  Any idea as to if it ever will?

Are you working on an update to the 79.17TFC version?

The next update will be 0.79.17

This modpack is fantastic.  <3  Thank you so much for doing this.  This and TFC have given me a reason to play and enjoy Minecraft again!Also, I hope that one day implementation of cubic chunks (Tall Worlds Mod... once it becomes actually stable) becomes possible.  Any idea as to if it ever will?

Glad you enjoy it :)

I've been following cubic chunks for awhile, and we already have a mod in the pack by the same author. I have the utmost confidence in Cuchaz's ability to make a stable version of Tall Worlds

And here's to hoping it will be somehow compatible with TFC someday!  :)

Next update, I will be removing BiblioCraft shelves due to multiple exploit issues. If you load your world after this update, and you have items on those shelves, you will lose them.

Update 2.10.0

Forge Version: 10.13.1.1307

Added Hyms of Conquest Resource Pack, Monsterfisher (new music, woot!)

Updated TFC to 0.79.17
Added Finger in the Wind, Konlii
Added Better Rain, Wirsbo
Added BiblioWoods (TFC), Nuchaz
Added WarpTheory, Shukaro
Added JourneyMap Server, Mysticdew
Added DecoCraft, RazzelburryFox
Removed Lanterns Mod
Fixed snow placement
Fixed Goggles of Reavealing and Boots of the traveler durability
Removed BiblioCraft lanterns and shelves
Added conversion of leather armor and fish to there vanilla equivalents
Made weather not target players
Fixed Egg Incubator to work with TFC eggs
Made crops, tall grass, and TC woods flammable
Fixed not being able to make Refined Iron
Added an Easter Egg for those in higher tier technologies
Fixed average drill recipe
Added aspects to more items
Completely and utterly removed earthquakes
Updated various things
Tweaked recipes, configs and such.

Removed or severely nerfed all forms of permanent light. The top two light sources are TFC lamps and Electrical Age Economic Bulbs. The latter lasts the longest, a total of 32 IRL hours of use, which can be extended by turning them off/on. Decorations mod lanterns have had their light removed.

There is now a (very) work-in-progress wiki located here. Feel free to go on there and create pages with information about the pack. Either put [Completed] in the title, or message me on the forums that that page is complete.

OPS Updated.

So I seem to be unable to craft OpenComputers Drones because the Case requires End Stone, which is unobtainable AFAIK. Could anyone help me on this?

So I seem to be unable to craft OpenComputers Drones because the Case requires End Stone, which is unobtainable AFAIK. Could anyone help me on this?

Currently you can not make OC drones. Will be fixed for next update.

Next update I will be adding themed music, and some new battle music. If'd you like to submit themed music, feel free to do so (can also suggest the biome/mob/time it would play), as long as you keep in mind that it needs to be royalty free (custom YouTube playlists preferred, I can easily download them). I'd also prefer using using this music, as it is royalty free. Feel free to message me the information for it.*

*Must have proof that it is royalty free, or, at the very least, contact information for the artist.

Is anyone else having an issue with electrical age machines, wires, etc. suddenly disappearing from their game with a huge lag spike? They aren't blowing up, even the machines in a chest disappear.

Edit: they aren't missing but are invisible, however they are no longer working and right clicking them doesn't bring them back and neither does picking them up and trying to replace. It shows EA block of generalities when i hover over them. I have to restore from a backup each time and I can't figure out why this is happening.

Edited by Teagan75