Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Smoshlink1

[Solved] Question about charcoal pits...

10 posts in this topic

Hi! ive just recently been playing TFC and have managed to understand the wiki on how to play this mod using some of its guides.

Recently however,ive been having trouble understanding how to make a charcoal pit

To my understanding the charcoal pit is made by filling logs in a 5x5 hole without the corners and the center,

then above the center in a second layer also make a 3x3 hole without filling in the center again. Then make a fire pit in the center as so...

Sky view:

o=logs

D=logs in 2nd layer

X=fire pit

ooo

oDDDo

oD XDo

oDDDo

ooo

(sorry it's terrible...never made one of these before... -_- )

Then as a tip to save time some the wiki suggest having covered the logs with sand before covering the center.....thing is... covering the center is my problem :mellow: !

Im unable to shift-right click a log on the side of another one above the fire pit (X) to cover the hole (as ive seen tutorials on making a charcoal pit in TFC older versions), whenever i try covering the center with another block such as dirt/sand the gravity of them makes them go down destroying the fire pit

any help? :mellow:

post-14830-0-81984900-1413218230_thumb.p

Unable to shift-click the log on a log in the 2nd layer to cover the block on top of the fire pit

If you are using the new B79, charcoal pits changed, you no longer use a fire pit at all, replace the firepit with another log pile, and instead drop a torch on the pile, and when a fire starts finish covering the pile

If you are using the new B79, charcoal pits changed, you no longer use a fire pit at all, replace the firepit with another log pile, and instead drop a torch on the pile, and when a fire starts finish covering the pile

is there a tutorial for this somewhere,sorry im still a bit confused,ive tried putting a log in lieu of the fire pit,then placing a torch on top of that center log.

How long until the fire starts? ive tested it in my creative testing world by adding time with commands put the fire never starts and the torch just burns out :ph34r:

is there a tutorial for this somewhere,sorry im still a bit confused,ive tried putting a log in lieu of the fire pit,then placing a torch on top of that center log.

How long until the fire starts? ive tested it in my creative testing world by adding time with commands put the fire never starts and the torch just burns out :ph34r:

You make a charcoal pit as you usually do, but the firepit block is replaced by a log pile. It has to be fully covered except for one block, which you will cover. Then throw a torch, don't place it but throw it on the log pile. It should light up and then replace the block on the fire. Then it should work

You make a charcoal pit as you usually do, but the firepit block is replaced by a log pile. It has to be fully covered except for one block, which you will cover. Then throw a torch, don't place it but throw it on the log pile. It should light up and then replace the block on the fire. Then it should work

thank you it worked! :)

just a quick question though...

is there a better block to use other than sand?i find myself having to add in a few extra sand blocks because the fire removes some sand blocks.

Should i build it completely underground instead of the 5x5 hole?

what do you mean?

I was trying to post an explanation of how to do it, but the reply got outdated - when it was finally accepted by the forum (screenshots rejected, then posting blocked for some time) you had already posted that it worked.

and since I have not found how to delete it, I edited it

ok thanks for attempting :3

I was trying to post an explanation of how to do it, but the reply got outdated - when it was finally accepted by the forum (screenshots rejected, then posting blocked for some time) you had already posted that it worked.

and since I have not found how to delete it, I edited it

is there a better block to use other than sand?i find myself having to add in a few extra sand blocks because the fire removes some sand blocks.

Use can just use a block that doesn't have gravity and doesn't burn, like for instance the chiseled smooth version of stone. You don't have to build underground.

I dug out a hole in the ground and just made the roof of bricks. I dug steps down to the floor level on the side and just used dirt to cover that spot. That way nothing collapses when the firepit is done. You can tell when it is done when the smoke particles stop. Some people were having issues with the collapsing blocks destroying some of the charcoal. It also makes it easier to refill/relight since I only need to break and replace the center roof block when starting a new charcoal run.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0