Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
legitairsoft123

TerraFirmaCraft and IndustrialCraft 2 Compatibility

6 posts in this topic

So I was wanting to do this for a while, add IC2 to my TFC expirence. I would extremely lengthen the play time and I think I would be quite fun but that's because I'm a maniac :) (might add Gregtech too, but one thing at a time). If I decided to add gregtech it would be nice because it starts with bronze age machines and gradually works it's way to the iron machines. Everything would key up fine gameplay wise, copper is easy to find and so is tin but the other ores like iron, ferrous (nickel) are harder to get/find. I would be think diamonds would ore dictionary and red/blue steel would be iridium or some other hard to get material.  If it works good then I would definitely make a let's play of it to check try it out. So what do you think? If you know about the mods and/or modding, would this work?

Gregtech now basically replaces almost all of the IC2 content. It makes little sense to start with IC2 and change to Gregtech

TFC+Gregtech is playable with minetweaker (some people on the Gregtech forums have discussed making a add-on for better compatibility. This may or may not happen)

You won't be able to build everything without cheating as you can't get to the Nether/End in TFC

We took a similar approach in adding BC and Railcraft/Traincraft on my server, using MineTweaker to cover the gaps. We entirely replaced some item requirements with appropriate TFC items instead. It's working fairly well so far, and I'd love to see what someone could do with GT.

Gregtech now basically replaces almost all of the IC2 content. It makes little sense to start with IC2 and change to Gregtech

TFC+Gregtech is playable with minetweaker (some people on the Gregtech forums have discussed making a add-on for better compatibility. This may or may not happen)

You won't be able to build everything without cheating as you can't get to the Nether/End in TFC

clever use of recipe changes, additions, and even Infernal Mobs (to offer rare drops of ores,etc) would cover nether/end materials

Minetweaker is another mod that allows the user to change/remove/add different recipes.  Below is a random example from a script I have for railcraft.  This adds a recipe for a railcraft iron tank wall using terrafirmacraft iron sheets.  Minetweaker allows the user to change recipes to fit what other mods have.  It takes a bit of getting used to the syntax but the wiki helps a little.  My problem was trying to figure out what everything was called and I found out that if you have your minecraft character hold something in his hand and type "/mt hand" then it will print out the name of the object... that was very helpful to me. 

// Iron Tank Wall

recipes.addShaped(<Railcraft:tile.railcraft.machine.beta> * 8,

[[<terrafirmacraft:item.Wrought Iron Sheet>, <terrafirmacraft:item.Wrought Iron Sheet>, null],

[<terrafirmacraft:item.Wrought Iron Sheet>, <terrafirmacraft:item.Wrought Iron Sheet>, null],

[null, null, null]);