Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Myth1279

Being able to knap two stone hoe heads at the same time?

31 posts in this topic

I've been playing TFC for a while and just randomly noticed we can't craft two stone hoe heads at the same time... this is obviously a very small suggestion but in early game it could save a bit of stone (not that theres a lack of it) if we could craft two hoe heads much like we can craft two knife blades. Not a big deal, but kind of a bit weird to me since you can carve out the shape of two heads easily in the knapping screen.

Meh,  mainly I'm just curious why this isn't already in game since the two knife blades are. I know it's just a really small thing.. haha.

Posted Image

You go through a lot more stone knives than you go through stone hoes. A single stone hoe is usually more than enough to plant the few seeds you get from breaking wild crops, and by the time that you have a large enough field that you would want two stone hoes at once, you probably want a metal hoe to check nutrient levels.

I'm not getting nutrient levels on my Bronze Hoe, should that be the case. I was pretty sure you got that in v78, as I only just made it to iron age. Both my copper and bronze in v79 only show water level and ripeness.

From the 0.79.0 change log:

"Agriculture skill level now affects the ability to view nutrient levels of crops. You must be an Expert to get this information."

I'm not getting nutrient levels on my Bronze Hoe, should that be the case. I was pretty sure you got that in v78, as I only just made it to iron age. Both my copper and bronze in v79 only show water level and ripeness.

I am pretty sure that you need to have a high farming skill to see nutrient levels as of B79+

Given the relative shape of a hoe head compared to a knife, and the much greater demand for knives, You won't be going through very many hoes, unless you're using farmland to make indestructible creeper hunting grounds. Besides, there are obvious benefits to metal hoes.However, you do bring up an interesting topic with stacking recipes, as the bowl recipe is similar, and is much more of a demand almost moreso than knives.

Completely missed that in the ChangeLog. Wow, expert! That's a lot of farming

Yea, like I said above I understand it's not really a big deal, just more wondering why it's not already in game. xD And despite having metal hoes I love farming and go through at least 10 stone hoes making more land, to save my metal hoe for when I need it. :D

I noticed it with the bowls too, the bowls would be really nice to have that. Not waste so much clay... I'm in a seed where clay is hard to find currently. xD

Meh.

I was surprised that we coulden't do this sometimes it are the small things that matter

I noticed it with the bowls too, the bowls would be really nice to have that. Not waste so much clay... I'm in a seed where clay is hard to find currently. xD

Meh.

It is much much more likely that we'll just change the bowl recipe so it no longer appears that you can fit two in it, rather than make the double recipe available.

It is much much more likely that we'll just change the bowl recipe so it no longer appears that you can fit two in it, rather than make the double recipe available.

So I spoke with Bioxx about this, and we have come up with two options:

1. We don't change anything. You keep getting 4 bowls from the single pattern, and nothing happens when you try to do the double pattern, and you guys stop complaining.

2. We change it so that the double pattern gives 2 bowls because you made two bowls on your screen, and the normal pattern only gives you 1 bowl instead of 4, because you're only making 1 bowl on your screen.

The choice is yours.

1. We don't change anything. You keep getting 4 bowls from the single pattern, and nothing happens when you try to do the double pattern, and you guys stop complaining.

2. We change it so that the double pattern gives 2 bowls because you made two bowls on your screen, and the normal pattern only gives you 1 bowl instead of 4, because you're only making 1 bowl on your screen.

The choice is yours.

I like option 2, provided that we stop eating the ceramic along with our salad.

Pottery was a huge deal in ancient times. The clay requirement for everyday tasks is not going away.

Pottery was a huge deal in ancient times. The clay requirement for everyday tasks is not going away.

Then it's either using multiple pit kilns at a time, harvesting loads of wood and straw for firing said bowls or not bothering making meals all together xD

Then it's either using multiple pit kilns at a time, harvesting loads of wood and straw for firing said bowls or not bothering making meals all together xD

If you have bread, then there is nothing stopping you from just making sandwiches. If you don't have bread, and you don't make meals, you're going to have a pretty hard time keeping your nutrition up eating only raw ingredients.

I like that, but I think I'd rather have it work like the pitchers jugs. One or two bowls instead of 4, and a small chance to break when you finished your meal.

I like option 2 as well, but eating a bowl for every salad is a bit hard to swallow....

Puns aside, could you make bowl loss a chance based thing, similar to jugs? Harvesting more clay is fine by me, but firing a pit kiln for every four meals is getting tiresome. Decreasing the bowls per clay works great so long as the bowls last longer.

1.) I'd be impressed if people in real life could knap 2 knives out of one rock. That would really take some skill. Since the real inconsistency here is that you can make 2 knives out of a knapping grid and not 2 of anything that fits, perhaps the sensible thing is to remove the ability to knap two knife blades out of one stone

2.) The current system of clay bowls reminds me of people who buy paper plates because they are too lazy to wash thier dishes. While its true pottery was a big deal back then, the current system models lazy slobs that are too lazy to wash thier bowls. If you think people don't use enough pottery in TFC, perhaps we need a new reason to make pottery rather than "I don't want to wash bowls"

We dig up 3k+ year old pottery regularly in the real world and can even still make out markings and glaze on it, but somehow in game we can't eat a single meal without destroying a bowl? Would be nice if they worked more like ingot molds or jugs where they only had a chance to break. 100% loss doesn't make much sense.

If you have bread, then there is nothing stopping you from just making sandwiches. If you don't have bread, and you don't make meals, you're going to have a pretty hard time keeping your nutrition up eating only raw ingredients.

See, I wondered about my stats. In b79.7 I am having an easy time keeping my nutrition up just eating individual ingredients of 3 categories. Then i saw a bug report about it so that explains it all. 

The choice is yours.

I choose option 2 IF the bowls are no longer consumed upon finishing the meal because it makes zero sense

I choose option 2 IF the bowls are no longer consumed upon finishing the meal because it makes zero sense

Maybe in the stone-age, cleaning the dishes was just as a chore and off-putting as it is today :D

1.) I'd be impressed if people in real life could knap 2 knives out of one rock. That would really take some skill. Since the real inconsistency here is that you can make 2 knives out of a knapping grid and not 2 of anything that fits, perhaps the sensible thing is to remove the ability to knap two knife blades out of one stone

2.) The current system of clay bowls reminds me of people who buy paper plates because they are too lazy to wash thier dishes. While its true pottery was a big deal back then, the current system models lazy slobs that are too lazy to wash thier bowls. If you think people don't use enough pottery in TFC, perhaps we need a new reason to make pottery rather than "I don't want to wash bowls"

Realistically, it'd probably be doable, but with a lack of efficiency. I wonder if it might be better to have these recipies for multiple tools in one knap that use up two rocks instead of one(since you're technically making a tool out of the rock you knap with as well).

2nd option too.We do not eat our bowls, but they can break as the Jug.