Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Ottomic

QUESTION: Current state of compatibility with Archimedes' Ships?

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I've been TFC for a while a couple years ago, and I'm super excited to be back! Lots of stuff to try out and mod's still developing steadily. Awesome job :)

With my return to Minecraft I also noticed the Archimedes' Ships mod which I really, *really* like, but I haven't found a definite answer about wether it works in TFC. I have seen a couple servers that do include both mods, but it's also mentioned that the Improved NPC mod is needed in order to get Archimedes blocks. I'm aware that this has very probably been asked a lot of times somewhere else, but I can't manage to find a single thread specific to this compatibility that gives a clear answer. So I would like to ask you: Do both mods work together? (I assume since both show as loaded in Forge) And are Archimedes blocks attainable through crafting?

Many thanks!

With the addition of the forge ore dictionary entries for TFC, you should in theory be able to all of the Archimedes blocks using TFC stuff. If you can't, then that is a problem with Archimedes not registering their recipes with the ore dictionary.

If that is the case, you can either edit TFCCrafting.cfg and turn on the conversion recipes to convert TFC items to vanilla ones to use in the crafting recipe; or you can use a mod like Minetweaker to add in the recipes yourself.

TL;DR - Try for yourself and see.

Many thanks for the quick response. I'll tinker and update on it.

Many thanks for the quick response. I'll tinker and update on it.

Ottomic, any progress on this? I'm giving it a try too, looking at the config files now

No so far, but I'm playing it fair so it's gonna take a couple more sessions until I can upgrade to get an Iron ingot for the helm piece. Gonna hunt a sheep or two today so I'll try with the Floaters and Balloons as soon as I'm able, though.

So far I've been trying with raw wool and wool cloth and neither of them seem to work for the Balloon recipe. Gonna tinker around with NEI, minetweaker and CustomNPCs and update further on.

Use crafting manager and create your own recipes for the 3 or so items. It won't take much effort.

Here is the minetweaker script I use, it add all the mods recipes excepts for the dyed variations of the baloon :

val wood = <terrafirmacraft:item.Log:*>;val wool = <terrafirmacraft:item.Wool>;val tfcWoolYarn =<terrafirmacraft:item.WoolYarn>;val str = <minecraft:string>;val iron = <terrafirmacraft:item.Wrought Iron Ingot>;val gold = <terrafirmacraft:item.Gold Ingot>;val glassPane = <minecraft:glass_pane>;val plank = <ore:woodLumber>;val leather = <terrafirmacraft:item.TFC Leather>;val ironSheet = <terrafirmacraft:item.Wrought Iron Sheet>;val stick = <ore:stickWood>;//Gaugerecipes.addShaped(<ArchimedesShips:gauge>,[[glassPane,iron,glassPane],[iron,<minecraft:redstone>,gold],[null,gold,null]]);//Upgraded gaugerecipes.addShaped(<ArchimedesShips:gauge:1>,[[glassPane,iron,glassPane],[iron,<minecraft:redstone>,gold],[glassPane,gold,glassPane]]);//Floaterrecipes.addShaped(<ArchimedesShips:floater>, [[wood,wool]]);//Balloonrecipes.addShaped(<ArchimedesShips:balloon>,[[wool],[tfcWoolYarn]]);//Passenger seatrecipes.addShaped(<ArchimedesShips:seat>,[[wool],[wool],[wool]]);//Wooden craterecipes.addShaped(<ArchimedesShips:crate_wood>*3,[[null, leather, null],[leather,null, leather],[plank, plank, plank]]);//Steam engine recipes.addShaped(<ArchimedesShips:engine>,[[null, <terrafirmacraft:item.Wooden Bucket Water>, null],[ironSheet,<terrafirmacraft:Barrel:*>, ironSheet],[ironSheet, ironSheet, ironSheet]]);//Ship helmrecipes.addShaped(<ArchimedesShips:marker>,[[plank, stick, plank],[stick,iron, stick],[plank, stick, plank]]);

*>*>

I also added theses lines to the forbidden blocks in ArchimedesShips.cfg

terrafirmacraft:ClayGrass        terrafirmacraft:ClayGrass2        terrafirmacraft:DryGrass        terrafirmacraft:DryGrass2        terrafirmacraft:Grass        terrafirmacraft:LooseRock        terrafirmacraft:TallGrass        terrafirmacraft:Grass2        terrafirmacraft:Gravel        terrafirmacraft:Gravel2        terrafirmacraft:Ice        terrafirmacraft:StoneIgEx        terrafirmacraft:StoneSed        terrafirmacraft:leaves        terrafirmacraft:leaves2        terrafirmacraft:Dirt        terrafirmacraft:Dirt2        terrafirmacraft:Sand        terrafirmacraft:Sand2

Here is the minetweaker script I use, it add all the mods recipes excepts for the dyed variations of the baloon :

snip

You, sir, are awesome. Many thanks, rest assured I will name my first zeppelin after you :D

Hi everyone.

I've got a problem with barrels and chests. Each time I mount the ship after assembling/disassembling I've got an oak copy of each barrel or chest on the ship.

Not a problem to throw them away, but it will be nice not to get them. Do anyone have a solution?

Also do anyone know how to make TFC blocks able to rotate (then disassembling and join to the world)? Chiseled blocks as well?

Thanks.