Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Hubertus

[Solved] Gems

7 posts in this topic

So I've been playing the game for a little while now, and I've found some chipped and flawed gems. I know that chipped gems can be used to form the protection indicator, which I personally have no use for. I also know that mid+ quality diamonds can be converted to vanilla diamonds. This is the extent of the usefulness of gems that I've been able to discover from the wiki and changelogs. My question is as follows: are there any other uses for gems? Can you make anything out of them, like tools, jewelry, or gem blocks? Can they be embedded in chiseled blocks? Are there any plans?

Is it worth keeping them when I'm 10k blocks away from my house gathering a valuable ore that I can't get anywhere else?

Well, you can only convert TFC Diamonds into vanilla diamonds if you enabled vanilla recipes in the config... and you can make the protection meter with chipped gems. Other than that, though, its useless for now.

Or of course for bragging rights.

You could also set a challenge for collecting every single gem there is. If all you can find is chipped and flawed, you don't really need them. Exquisites are like the shiny Pokémon of the gem world though, so hang on to that. Remember item frames are still a thing.

Wish they would hurry up and add a use though.

In all of my builds I always make a specific spot just for storing gems. The exquisite ones go in item frames to show off just how pretty they are.

Gems in older history are generally useless other than being something pretty to look at. They really haven't gotten much application until modern inventions like lasers.

I heard the first glasses (for seeing) was actually an emerald... I could see an idea stemming from that.

Item frames, forgot about those. I'll catch them all, and then show them off to my pigs.

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/6613-adding-recipes-for-gem-blocks/

I created a script to add recipes for using all the gems to make vanilla blocks.

It doesn't matter what type, they all count as 1 and you need 9 to make the block.

It worked in 78, don't see why it wouldn't in 79 as well.

Agate - Redstone
Amethyst- Redstone
Beryl - Diamond
Diamond - Diamond
Emerald- Emerald
Garnet- Redstone
Jade - Emerald
Jasper- Lapis Lazuli
Opall - Diamond
Ruby- Redstone
Sapphire - Lapis Lazuli
Topaz - Gold