Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
naluhodo

[Solved][0.79.9]Language file and message print bug

8 posts in this topic

Version #: 0.79.9

SSP/SMP (Single/MultiPlayer): SSP and SMP

Suggested Name: Language file and message print bug

Suggested Category: Severe

Description:

1、There was many Translation Erro in your Zh-CN language files from 0.79.X . The Brass should be “黄铜”  but it‘s translated "青铜"  ; The bronze and the bronze items should be “青铜”  but it‘s translated "铜" ; The copper should be “铜”  but it‘s translated "钢"   and so on. So These was terrible bugs , we can not  smelt metals right .

I have corrected the  zh-cn.lang and hope you can use it in the future versions. But i can not upload the *.lang file in my topic ,so i change the file name to *.txt 

2、There was another bug was message print,it will be not print correctly  message with other language  when use  propick`s items from 0.79.7.  Please solve them as soon as possible

Have you deleted your config files and are still able to reproduce this bug?: Yes

Do you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed?: No

post-14890-0-27938600-1414049346_thumb.j

zh_CN.txt

Translation discussion go here : http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/4124-tfc-translation/

The modifications must be made in the google drive document, but you should talk with other people who work on the translation to avoir any edit war.

the most active translators are crafteverywhere (he left a msg here on how to find him https://github.com/Deadrik/TFCraft/pull/617)

and moshee, who is often on irc and he is also in  the forum

For the second part of the problem, the pro-pick message should be a known bug, I don'T know if it's listed, will check that later

Translation discussion go here : http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/4124-tfc-translation/

The modifications must be made in the google drive document, but you should talk with other people who work on the translation to avoir any edit war.

the most active translators are crafteverywhere (he left a msg here on how to find him https://github.com/Deadrik/TFCraft/pull/617)

and moshee, who is often on irc and he is also in  the forum

For the second part of the problem, the pro-pick message should be a known bug, I don'T know if it's listed, will check that later

OK  thank you

The pro-pick message is a known bug, and there is actually no way to fix it. It's very likely we're just going to switch it back so that those messages are always English.

The pro-pick message is a known bug, and there is actually no way to fix it. It's very likely we're just going to switch it back so that those messages are always English.

I don't exactly understand, if it's at least working in single player, you should let it be in the proper language in single player and if someone ever find a fix for multiplayer that would only be a good thing

Oh! I was under the impression that in Multiplayer it was showing stuff like gui.ProPick.FoundTraces instead of a message in any language. If it's at least showing a proper English message in SMP, then we won't touch single player.

If however servers are indeed showing gui.ProPick.FoundTraces in the chat, then the only fix is to force it to be the English message for both SSP and SMP.

Oh! I was under the impression that in Multiplayer it was showing stuff like gui.ProPick.FoundTraces instead of a message in any language. If it's at least showing a proper English message in SMP, then we won't touch single player.

If however servers are indeed showing gui.ProPick.FoundTraces in the chat, then the only fix is to force it to be the English message for both SSP and SMP.

I think that the screenshot is from multiplayer, I tested with french in single and it's working

The problem, as I understand it, is that the code runs on the server and thus the server language is used regardless what is configured in the client. In SSP client and server seems to be using the same language, which is not (always) true for SMP.

I've just proposed a fix for that (PR #646), but not sure if it is acceptable...