Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
SteAStro88

Splitted double chests bug, flint and steel NEI recipe not working

15 posts in this topic

Version #: 0.79.9.357

SSP/SMP (Single/MultiPlayer): SMP

Suggested Name: Splitted Double Chest bug

Suggested Category: Annoying

Description:

Randomly makes one of the one the blocks of double chests invisible or render both blocks as two separated single chests, opening one causes CTD

Posted Image

Have you deleted your config files and are still able to reproduce this bug?: Yes

Do you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed?: Yes

If yes, which mods?

ArmorStatusHUD 1.27

CodeChickenCore 1.0.29

fastcraft 1.9

Journeymap 4.0.5

Matmosr28b no expansion (seems not to work, i think i'll delete it)

NotEnoughItems 1.0.2.15

Optifine HD_U_A_4

PlayerAPI 1.1

RenderPlayerAPI 1.0

SmartCore 1.0

SmartMoving 15.2

SmartRender 2.0

TerraFirmaCraftNEIplugin 1.0.0

All these mods are for 1.7.10

If you have Optifine or Cauldron installed, can you still reproduce the bug after uninstalling them?

Yes.

Pastebin link to the crashlog:

http://pastebin.com/5TgKnTTM

--------------------------------------------------

Version #: 0.79.9.357

SSP/SMP (Single/MultiPlayer): SMP

Suggested Name: NEI Flint and Steel recipe not working/ missing F&S recipe?

Suggested Category: Minor

Description: Simple as title, using a wrought iron ingot with a flint stone doesn't produce a flint and steel, tried shapeless and in all combinations possible on the 3*3 crafting grid, don't know if it works with steel ingot

EDIT: it seems that the problem, at least for myself, is the flint, while the one spawned with NEI or in creative mode works (ID 318), the ones spawned from shoving the gravel will not, because they a little difference in their IDs, for example rocksalt gravel has the ID 318-5, i just tested gravel, and it seems that the only one that spawns 318 gravel is the granite gravel, so if people wants flint and steel must find a granite top layer

Screenshots

Posted Image

Posted Image

Have you deleted your config files and are still able to reproduce this bug?:

Yes.

Do you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed?: Yes

If yes, which mods?

Same as above.

If you have Optifine or Cauldron installed, can you still reproduce the bug after uninstalling them?

Yes.

Pastebin.com link of the Crash Report: no crashes occuring

Just tested the flint and steel recipe in my test world with latest 79.9 build (Fastcraft, Optifine and NEI) and it worked with both steel and wrought iron.  Suggests it is one of the mods you have added causing issue. Only other possibility I can think of is that the ingot still had temperature NBT data.

Just tested the flint and steel recipe in my test world with latest 79.9 build (Fastcraft, Optifine and NEI) and it worked with both steel and wrought iron.  Suggests it is one of the mods you have added causing issue. Only other possibility I can think of is that the ingot still had temperature NBT data.

I bet you've tested it with creative mode or NEI, which is not always the most accurate way of finding out things..

Further investigation pointed out that the problem, at least for myself, is the flint, while the one spawned with NEI or in creative mode works (ID 318), the ones spawned from shoving the gravel will not, because they a little difference in their IDs, for example rocksalt gravel has the ID 318-5, i just tested gravel, and it seems that the only one that spawns 318 gravel is the granite gravel, so if people wants flint and steel must find a granite top layer

The crash report you provided for the chest bug shows that you have optifine installed. Could you please reproduce the bug without optifine installed and get me a crash report from that?

The crash report you provided for the chest bug shows that you have optifine installed. Could you please reproduce the bug without optifine installed and get me a crash report from that?

Sure

Here it is:

http://pastebin.com/jMRTWXUy

I bet you've tested it with creative mode or NEI, which is not always the most accurate way of finding out things..

Further investigation pointed out that the problem, at least for myself, is the flint, while the one spawned with NEI or in creative mode works (ID 318), the ones spawned from shoving the gravel will not, because they a little difference in their IDs, for example rocksalt gravel has the ID 318-5, i just tested gravel, and it seems that the only one that spawns 318 gravel is the granite gravel, so if people wants flint and steel must find a granite top layer

Ha actually the area I use is granite. I didn't even realize there was meta data on Flint as it doesn't even show up with Flint search. Sounds like the tfc flint hasn't been ore dictionaried.

Sounds like the tfc hasn't been ore dictionaried.

That's so far from right it's almost impressive. TFC has been "ore dicitonaried." The problem is that the vanilla method for dropping an item is stupid enough to use any meta data on the block. So since TFC gravel has metadata, it gave the vanilla flint metadata too. This has been fixed for 79.10 by overriding the stupid vanilla method to ignore the block's metadata.

That's so far from right it's almost impressive. TFC has been "ore dicitonaried." The problem is that the vanilla method for dropping an item is stupid enough to use any meta data on the block. So since TFC gravel has metadata, it gave the vanilla flint metadata too. This has been fixed for 79.10 by overriding the stupid vanilla method to ignore the block's metadata.

sorry missed the word gravel in there. I am aware that it's items have been ore dictionaried.Edit Flint not gravel.

You are correct that TFC gravel is not in the ore dictionary. However, that has absolutely nothing to do with this bug.

The reason that gravel is not in the ore dictionary is that vanilla gravel does not have an ore dictionary entry, and unless someone can give me a specific example of a mod that uses gravel with an ore dictionary entry and what that name is, I'm not going to go through the work to add it in. Gravel isn't used in any crafting recipes that I know of, so it is not in the ore dictionary.

You are too fast and posted as I fixed it to Flint. Either way you know problem so I'll shut up now. Apologies for confusion that didn't help, last time I dealt with similar issue was combo ore dictionary problem and recipe handler.

Ah. There actually is no such thing as "TFC Flint"

TFC gravel drops vanilla fint. It was just dropping vanilla flint with metadata.

I just had the issue with the two half chest, but both of mine where visible. I noticed on game load that each half loaded at a different time, and each half was in a different chunk. Closing the game and re-opening solved the problem. I guess that the fact that closing the game clean some memory space allow a faster chunk loading.

The chest bug is also happening here and happened only in SMP so far.

Here is a client crash report: (only TFC installed)

http://pastebin.com/cgwqsqSs

And the client log from that crash report:

http://pastebin.com/8xu6x05C

And a server log from that crash report: (only TFC installed)

latest.log - fml-server-latest.log

And a video showing that crash:

EDIT:

I noticed that I was running forge 1225 on the server instead of 1217, so I installed forge 1217 and the bug happened again:

Client:

crash-2014-10-27_01.07.46-client.txt

fml-client-latest.log

latest.log

Server:

fml-server-latest.log

latest.log

Video:

Also Having this problem on Rhodance's Whitelist server. (the double chest problem)

Also Having this problem on Rhodance's Whitelist server. (the double chest problem)

Could you please provide a copy of your crash report? Use either pastebin.com or put it in spoiler tags.