Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
antimattergizmo

SMP .jar setup

25 posts in this topic

once I attempt to run the server .jar after installing the forge and TFC core, I get this error message

http://pastebin.com/8cqtrjJe

Please help I have asked several people who haven't responded at all.

edit: changed into url

Edited by antimattergizmo

<space that used to have stupidity within>

Did you delete the meta-inf if so dont do it.

Did you install the following -> Minecraft Server Forge and TerraFirmaCraft into your server? If you installed more thats the problem!

I feel like there's something that needs to be done where I read in the log that you need to make a mods folder. It doesn't seem to like the mods folder in your windowssystem32 folder which, iirc, windows7 throws some admin privs required or something back when you want to edit the contents of system folders. Not sure though since I don't host a server, I could be way off.

This may not actually be causing a problem though. I honestly don't know.

I saw that and tried to make a mods folder within the same folder the jar was in, but it would not take it.

Have you tried running the server with admin privs.?

you forgot to add modloader to the jar as well...

In all the tutorials I watched they did not have that part ._.

just tried executing it again and this time it properly downloaded a world folder, etc.

once everything is installed and I try to execute it the server never launches

well you could try a fresh jar and do modloader, forge, TFC and textuers. That should do it.

Edit: actually I see what you did wrong. Try installing modloader, and run the server once that way, so the mods folder gets created, then install forge. Make sure you get the right version, I think it's 96, as well as the server one and not the client. Then install TFC and the texture files and you should be good. It looks like it was creating the mods folder in the system32 on your computer, which it shouldn't. What I do is make a folder on my desktop for the server. Then I put the jar file, and a bat file to start up the server. Then once I get all the files and folders, I start putting the other files in that are needed like modloader and forge.

Do I need a bat file to run it? because I start with a fresh jar making sure the latest modloader and when I try to run the jar it flashes a loading mouse icon, but never does anything more

nope, don't need a bat file. I just like it better than having to right click the jar and choosing to run it. I like how I have winrar open up the jar file on double click rather than running the jar file with double click.

That's my format, double click for z-zip. Still no word on why I can't run it with right click in the first place though?

well you should be able to right click and choose to run with java platform binary, or whatever it's called. I'd suggest using a bat file though because they're wicked simple to use.

So nothing in terms of a fix has yet to be surmised? Running it via batch in no way could help.

If you look at the error, it has a few things that pop up that don't make sense. It says you are using the wrong version of forge, and that the mods folder is somehow being created in the system32 folder on your computer. I think you are doing something wrong and just the error report isn't enough to go by. You should list exactly what you do, that might help.

I will begin with what I said before in a bit more detail. I dowloaded a fresh jar from minecraft.net and put it into a folder on my desktop titled TFC. I then open the archive of said jar with 7zip and put the contents of a new, up to date modloader in the jar. You told me before to check it at that point, but when I attempt to execute the jar, it flashes a loading mouse icon and does nothing after.

A couple things you could try:

-place your .jar in another location, some folder in a non-admin protected place on your computer that has nothing in it but your .jar

-make a .bat to start your jar; it's quick, painless, and you can create shortcuts to it and place them in easy-to-reach places

I'm running my server with just forge and the mod itself. It runs perfectly fine without modloader. (Honestly I just did what i do for current forge versions, which don't require modloader on the server and it worked, didn't even occur to me at the time that it might need it.)

Almost forgot: If you're unfamiliar with how to write a .bat just open a blank notepad file and write "java -Xms512M -Xmx1G -jar minecraft_server.jar" and make sure you change the file type, if you want more details on that you can find it here.

Good luck!

Somehow it worked if only because I use that BAT file :D now I can stop prob. the longest support thread on here

I just make a folder in my C: drive, though anything outside of the system files would probably be better

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0