Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Coursaire

A Bit of a Spooky Adventure

5 posts in this topic

Not much of a forumite but since Halloween is tomorrow and I just had a bit of an adventure in TFC I thought I might as well share.

So I started up a new game yesterday, eager to try out the new update. It was a pretty average game in all: I settled down in a forested plain on a basalt layer and quickly got a full set of copper tools. I had everything I could have wanted, save for three things... jute, flux, and fruit. I guess the area I landed in had a terrible climate or something, I don't know. The only thing to do, of course, was pack up for a trip and go a-journeying, and that's exactly what I did. There was ocean to the east and west, and I knew there was nothing worthwhile for a few days to the north, so I turned myself south and started walking.

After two days I was standing on the crest of a basalt cliff overlooking a wide plain. At the very edge of my load distance was a big green smudge--a forest, finally. With any luck, there would be fruit trees there, or at the very least a new stone. I guess the surface stone layers are bigger in this version, because I'd seen nothing but black rock the whole journey. As soon as I reached the edge, though, I realized this forest was unusually dense. I've seen my fair share of jungles and sequoia groves, but the leaves were so thick here the sky was almost entirely blocked out. As soon as I stepped inside, I could see why: it was a huge forest of acacia trees, broad branches overlapped. I confess I got a little excited! I've never seen a forest of just acacias like that. The stone here was diorite, but I figured I might be able to find something else if I just kept walking. At first, it wasn't too bad: there were enough breaks in the canopy for me to stay in the light most of the time, and any zombies that trailed after me burned to a crisp. But after midday the leaves became thicker, until I was lucky to spot a patch of sky more than a block wide. But I kept going, the stubborn dumbass that I am, thinking that the forest couldn't be that big.

I was wrong.

I spent three days walking in that forest, one of them in the rain. After the second day I started scouting to the east and west, trying to see if I was just following some weirdly long strip, but no luck. I guess I can add "vast, nigh-impassible acacia forests" to the list of things added in the update. The sun was so dim that it might as well have been constant night. I probably would've died in there if it weren't for the odd cave and hot spring that let me catch my breath. Those woods were... weird. I know it's dumb to treat it as if it was anything but a randomly generated, absurdly large bunch of trees, but when you're under constant by the undead, it's hard not to feel anxious about weird things, even when they're only a little weird. Like the fact that the only vegetation in the forest was acacias and grass--no vegetables, no fruit trees, no bushes.  Or the strange round clearing with the deep round pool in its very center, where I rested one night as Endermen whispered in the trees. There were a lot of Endermen in those woods, now that I think of it... more than I usually see, even when traveling at night. Once I tried to chop down one of the trees, thinking that at least I wouldn't leave empty-handed. I'm sure it was coincidence, but as soon as it fell a swarm of zombies spawned almost on top of me and nearly beat me to death.

Anyway, it was clear to me that I wasn't going to find jute in there anytime soon, and the only rocks I'd found were diorite. On the third night, disgusted, I decided to turn back. I didn't know how big those woods were, and was beginning to run low on food. Funny enough, it was easier to get out of the forest than to go in. I guess I got turned around inside, because after half a day I was standing in the sun on an unfamiliar plain. In front of me, to my vast surprise, was a small patch of mature jute plants. I scrambled to grab them, glad that this trip wasn't a total waste... and as I gathered them up, I realized that the stone was paler here. I picked up a rock. Limestone. After a day of wandering and grabbing every rock I could find I stumbled onto a familiar landmark and found my way home, no trouble.

Still haven't gone back to those woods, though. I think I'll restrict my explorations to the north from now on.

TL;DR I got lost in a spooky acacia forest and still managed to find exactly what I was looking for.

Happy surviving, everyone! Posted Image

Awesome adventure!!!!I recently spawned a new world and was smack dab in the middle of such a forest, It was so dark and I could see dark shadows clamoring in the distance … undead.  Fortunately there was a beach about 50 meters to the east, and I was quickly chased out of the woods and into the sun no more than 30 seconds into the game!!!Following the shore, I quickly found cliffs both to the north and south, with pretty much nowhere to go but into the woods!!!The first night was horrific!!!!  LOL.

The second night wasn't much better, but after many days of cat and mouse, I managed to fight back the dense forest and claim a bit of land for myself.  I did manage to find some edibles and sheep much to my surprise.All in all, I swore from that point on, I would always wear extra-sturdy undergarments when playing TFC!!!

Happy Halloween, everyone!

I expect that the impenetrable acacia forest is in every world if you head toward the equator.  Or, at least, every one of my saves has had one.

Well, I found a similar forest in another world, so I guess they are a thing now... I'm kind of tempted to try an expedition to cross one. With enough provisions and some decent combat gear, I'm sure it could be done...

I've taken to calling it the Enderwood. Hella cheesy, I know, but it rolls off the tongue more easily than "creepy impenetrable acacia forest."