Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Flobilbo

Add in Disease and Medicines

5 posts in this topic

Early man suffered from many things such as the cold which can be deadly and even STD's add these in please

Hello hello! A couple things:

1. Flesh out your idea a bit more. Give diseases, descriptions, how to cure them, ect. Do more than just say: "We should have x", explain what is is and how it would be implimented

2. Graphic diseases fall under the "Do not suggest" list, so no STDs (or ebola).

You don't get the cold or flu when isolated, it is a fact of life. You have to be in a population who is passing around the virus. I have some friends who lived in the Alaska Range for years and they never got sick. Only when they come back into town for some reason a few times a year did they ever catch a cold.

Bacterial diseases from poor sanitation and such are the big deal with primitive living.

STDs? Are you serious? First, what makes you think that early man was running around screwing everything in sight? This is an unsubstantiated claim. Regardless of the absurdity of the idea it is completely inappropriate to TFC.

What is this "Early Man" you refer to? Does it make sense that "Early Man" would be out making blast furnaces and forging tools from various steel alloys? This is ridiculous.

While I agree that Sanitation can be a major problem, I do not think the developers would add it to TFC. This is because they have stated  that they will not add "gross stuff" to the mod. This subject came up while discussing animal droppings.

The devs only implement ideas they want to

I know recent polls have made it look like they cater to public opinion a lot, but they don't do it a whole lot

Just because a suggestion hits this forum, doesn't mean you have to respond to it to say you don't like it to prevent it from being implemented

Take a look at this suggestion:

It mentions diseases, a topic that has been discussed frequently (therefore it doesn't need to be discussed again) in a 1 sentance line

It mentions implementing STDs, which implies that sexual mechanics would have to be implemented first. We all know the devs would never do this

My point is you can ignore posts like this. Now if a dev or Kitty actually took interest in a really bad idea, then there is certainly cause for concern and objections would need to be raised