Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Thrainn

Crop Nutrient Types

13 posts in this topic

This is just a simple suggestion for making things a little more practical: please add tooltips to seeds that tell you the crop nutrient type it needs in the soil!

Otherwise there is no in-game indicator that tells you this, and you HAVE TO go to the wiki to check on every single crop you want to plant, if you didn't learn it by heart.

A simple tooltip with required nutrient A, B or C when hovering over the seeds in your inventory would make crop rotation much more convenient without having to interrupt your game immersion.

We have so many detailed and useful tooltips for many items, so why not for seeds too?

A useful addition without too much effort?

I just write it on some signs. I like to have my storage labeled. Then I keep the seeds grouped by nutrient type.

At first I though why bother just check the wiki, but the point that everything else has their own tool tip changed my mind.  I'm lucky in the fact I live where there is winter so by the time i am able to plant, the nutrients are back to full.

I really support the idea of adding a tooltip for the required nutrient on the seeds. I like to be able to fully immerse myself in my game and having to switch over to the wiki a lot interups that (but only a bit) and like mentioned there's tooltips for many of the other items already. While sorting your seeds in chest ahead of time is a good go between, I would personally like to store my seeds in only 1. I hope this can be implemented in a furture build :)

Should be simple enough to add, I'll look into it.

nutriment tags on seeds don't interrupt your game immersion, but broke the self experimentation progress that give you the impression you discover things.

*maybe just give an hint, or something relative to agriculture skill...

nutriment tags on seeds don't interrupt your game immersion, but broke the self experimentation progress that give you the impression you discover things.

*maybe just give an hint, or something relative to agriculture skill...

Ooooh. I like that idea better.

I'll still look into adding the tooltip, but I'm going to make it use the same agriculture skill level that is required to use the nutrient mode on a hoe.

Yes, Yes this is good, i realy like how the skill system can be used this way.

Added for .14

You guys really are amazing!!

I really don't get those comments, that occur now and then, about you ignoring valuable input from the community. That simply isn't true, as you have proved many times just recently :)

Added for .14

You guys really are amazing!!

I really don't get those comments, that occur now and then, about you ignoring valuable input from the community. That simply isn't true, as you have proved many times just recently :)

I second Thrainn, this is awesome! You guys rock. 

This is going to be awesome! I've really been enjoying the skill system, looking forward to seeing how it develops even more. :)

Added for .14

Thank you. :D

Sorry for this off-topic, but this scream in my eyes. 

I really don't get those comments, that occur now and then, about you ignoring valuable input from the community. That simply isn't true, as you have proved many times just recently

*****"MANY TIMES"****(emphasis)