Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
funfight22

Post Mod Combonations

16 posts in this topic

So I know that some mods go with the realism of TFC, so what are some?

I heard that the Simply Horses mod does not spawn in TFC, but I do not know.

Smart movement is good, if you don't consider it cheating.

Anybody know of others?

The combination with TFC i use is -> Optifine, Rei's MiniMap mod, not enought items and inventory tweaks! They work realy well together!

optifine, rei's minimap as well. I haven't really looked into what other mods would be good with it. I don't like the cheatyness of NEI and I always hated inventory tweaks because of the sorting within my own inventory. I did like the buttons it added on chests though.

optifine, rei's minimap as well. I haven't really looked into what other mods would be good with it. I don't like the cheatyness of NEI and I always hated inventory tweaks because of the sorting within my own inventory. I did like the buttons it added on chests though.

For Invetory Tweaks every mod has it good sides and its bad sides! But for NEI i dont use it to cheat but for the recipe mode, it actually helps a lot...

TMI , Mo Creatues , Backpack mod ,Optifine

TMI , Mo Creatues , Backpack mod ,Optifine

Out of curiosity, how do you get Mo Creatures to actually spawn the creatures? I've tried it, and the world seems to be a bit on the barren side. I'm guessing it's a biome/height problem. But if there's a fix I'd love to get it working.

Out of curiosity, how do you get Mo Creatures to actually spawn the creatures? I've tried it, and the world seems to be a bit on the barren side. I'm guessing it's a biome/height problem. But if there's a fix I'd love to get it working.

Really i had same problem...but random times i do find some animals.....but not like use to be....the changing of blocks and height do affect the way hey spawn...cept all water mobs seem to be good....i seen like 1 bear and a tiger lol....i upped the spawn limits alot too....but def mod dont work like use to...

Opti-fine, Smart movement.

With TFC, smart movement is super super useful. The way TFC terrain generates it causes a lot of 1x1 holes into new caves and very steep mountains. With smart movement you can spelunk like a champ and make it to the higher elevations without landscaping the side of a mountain. Also with the side jumping it makes it really fun to dodge cave-ins and mob attacks.

Opti-fine, Smart movement, TMI ( for testing), Rei minimap. simplyhorses. I like fast movement :D. I don't really like the map, but for TFC its annoying withouth.

Just got smart movement for the first time - had to change the zoom key from optifine to something else, but otherwise, I'll +1 the use of SM :) I am trying to play without using mini map because I like to keep my spacial orientation and memory abilities up to par since I do a LOT of camping, hiking, and trail blazing IRL.

Just got smart movement for the first time - had to change the zoom key from optifine to something else, but otherwise, I'll +1 the use of SM :) I am trying to play without using mini map because I like to keep my spacial orientation and memory abilities up to par since I do a LOT of camping, hiking, and trail blazing IRL.

you can bind the map to a key to toggle or remove it, so you can use it specially for rock locations if you would quit for a while, otherwise you don't know anything anymore.

You moved the optifine zoom key instead of the smart movement grab key? I had to move SM's grab from 'left ctrl' to 'r' almost immediately. My poor pinky was crying in anguish after a few minutes of holding down ctrl while walking across plains.

Anyways I use Smart Movement and Rei's Minimap. I only use map markers for home and things over 2000 blocks away. I think how TFC has more varied visuals than vanilla helps me keep my above-ground sense of direction better. Thought about Optifine, but didn't feel strongly enough to go for it.

Train that pinky! :D My pinky is about as strong as my ring finger because of all the typing and gaming with control, shift and tab. :D

Train that pinky! :D My pinky is about as strong as my ring finger because of all the typing and gaming with control, shift and tab. :D

Tab and shift are fine, left ctrl is too far for extended holding down and consistent use. It's that whole can't fully extend the ringfinger when the pinky is bent thing, it's right at that limit. Or maybe my fingers are weird lengths? I don't think I've ever compared to anyone one else. My main problem is the shift/grab combo for crawling, which I use a lot. Shift+left ctrl just feels incredibly more awkward than shift+r.

Opti-fine, NEI, Inventory Tweaks.

Tried making it work with the shaders mod, but it kept crashing after 20-30 seconds ingame :(

Yeah I don't use the zoom key all that often unless I need to check landmarks and see if the exposed ore in a mountain is something worth getting at the time or waiting till later. I thoroughly enjoy roughing it out without a minimap :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0