Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Silfir

Sheep Familiarity (V 79.10.375)

5 posts in this topic

(Edited to fit request from first reply)Version #: 0.79.10.375SinglePlayerSuggested Name: Sheep FamiliaritySuggested Category: Minor-AnnoyingDescription: Sheep of both genders won't increase in familiarity.Deleted config files and issue persists.additional mods: LiteLoader, FastCraft, VoxelMap.Originally believed the problem had been solved after deleting config files and testing in creative using "/time set day" to progress time in creative and feed a sheep each day. After finding success with that I tried in survival and got one sheep to gain familiarity as well. However over the course of the last few hours the initial sheep in creative and the single sheep in survival are the only sheep to have successfully gained familiarity. I've spawned dozens of sheep in creative and survival worlds and haven't succeeded again. I've closed the client, deleted the config files several times to no avail.

This topic breaks rule #4 for posting in this forum, but as this is your first post I shall let you have time to edit your post to follow the rules, rather than lock it immediately.

I haven't found a solution for this issue as of yet however there is a bit of a work-around. It seems I can successfully increase the familiarity of about 1 in every 20 sheep. So I've just used creative and time skips to get a sheep of each gender that would increase. Obviously this work around doesn't function unless cheats are enable and it's really annoying to lose so much in-game time to figuring out if any of the sheep in this batch increase in familiarity so a better solution would be nice.Also worth noting I have not updated as of yet but haven't seen anything regarding this issue in the changelogs of versions higher than mine. I don't have intentio to continue testing this after finding my "workaround", mainly because I don't have a great understanding of how the mod works beyond actually playing it so I have no idea where I'd start.All I can say is that the issue is not related to wool colour, grain type used, or sheep size, incase that information is useful at all.

There is nothing in the code that I can think of which would result in only being able to familiarize specific sheep. It is much more likely that you are either not properly feeding them every single day in a row, or you are getting the sheep confused if you are only trying to familiarize a specific one.

To confirm, I have created a single player world that has TFC debug mode enabled. After using TFC (and not vanilla) sheep spawn eggs, I have spawned in 10 sheep that are all in separate pens. I feed each sheep oat grain using shift-right click so that the animal burps. I then place a single stick in a chest at the end to keep track of how many days they have been feed. I then open up the calendar screen in survival mode and press the button to add 1 day, as the /time set day command is not supported in TFC and causes many random issues.

After 4 days of this, 6 of the 10 sheep have a single red layer on it's familiarity indicator. On the 5th day, all of the sheep that did not previously have a red layer now do, and the other 6 sheep now have a second layer as well as a white border. By day 7, every single one of the 10 sheep have the white border on the indicator, and at least 2 layers of red.

Hm... I'm not sure what more to say then. I only had two sheep in my pen and was trying to familiarise them both so I couldn't have been confusing them with others. I had also played vanilla survival from spring to early-winter trying to do this before coming to the forums and testing in creative (which I did use TFC eggs, though it did take me a while to realize there was a difference). I don't think I had missed days for feeding as I had put off everything but farming and animal husbandry off to ensure I raised the familiarity of all my animals to the point where they had white borders. Had no problem with pigs, chickens, wolves, cows or horses & donkeys...Well if no one else has had this issue then I'm sure it was just an error on my part and I somehow corrected it without realizing it. I'll switch this to solved in a couple days if no one replies saying they've had similar problems after thorough testing.Thank you for taking the time to look into it.