Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Westmale

[Solved]How do I install a map mod?

17 posts in this topic

I've tried to install Rei's minimap and VoxelMap (separately ofc, I just want a map...), but I can't get either of them to show up in the game. I have no idea what I'm doing, so I'm probably just missing something...

I'm playing on TFC version 0.79.10.375, which is installed in a separate folder: C:UsersmeTerraFirmaCraft. I open the game using a profile in the Minecraft launcher, with the game directory changed and version "release 1.7.10-Forge 10.13.1.1217" chosen.

I tried to follow guides on how to install the mods, but I don't know if I have to do something else since I'm using a separate folder for TFC.

I have downloaded these files:

• forge-1.7.10-10.13.1.1217-installer.jar
  • forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1180-installer.jar
  • [1.6.2]ReiMinimap_v3.4_01.zip
  • mod_voxelMap_1.2.0_for_1.7.10.litemod
  • liteloader-installer-1.7.10-00.exe

I've tried everything I can think of. I've put them in the TFC mods folder, in the .minecraft mods folder, I've tried with both Forge files, I've made a bunch of profiles using different versions. But I can't get it to work, and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with them...

So, where am I supposed to install Forge and LiteLoader from the start? Where am I supposed to put the jar-files? What should the profile in the launcher look like?

I want it so bad :( Let me know if I've missed to tell anything important.

You need to run the liteloader installer.. don't just put it in your mods folder.

I did that :P I installed it in the recommended folder - .minecraft, but I also tried the TFC folder, which it wouldn't let me: 

"The directory is missing a launcher profile. Please run the minecraft launcher first."

version "release 1.7.10-Forge 10.13.1.1217" chosen.

You are supposed to run the installer pointed at the .minecraft folder. However, this quote right there shows me that even though you installed liteloader, you aren't running the profile for liteloader. When you ran the installer, you created a profile/version specifically for liteloader, and you need to select that for your TFC profile.

You are supposed to run the installer pointed at the .minecraft folder. However, this quote right there shows me that even though you installed liteloader, you aren't running the profile for liteloader. When you ran the installer, you created a profile/version specifically for liteloader, and you need to select that for your TFC profile.

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough there. That profile is what I use without the map mod. When I've tried to install the maps, I've also made other profiles, trying to get the right "match". I suppose I still need to use the same game directory? And then? "release 1.7.10-LiteLoader 1.7.10"? When I try that, I don't get the TFC mod and just fall all the way down to the bedrock...

You have a specific profile that is set up just for TFC, right? It runs just fine with TFC and everything else?

Pick that profile. Then click Edit Profile. Then in the version box, scroll around and find the version that says something about liteloader. Use that version on that profile instead of forge. Then hit save.

That doesn't give me the TFC mod :/ If I try to create a new game its just vanilla with VoxelMap...

Has anyone else successfully installed a map mod to TFC, where TFC is in a separate folder? How did you install it, and exactly what do the folders look like? 

I'm going to make this as simple as possible, because you just don't get it. If after this post you still have issues, I cannot help you as there is some key point that you just do not understand, and I cannot be bothered to try and explain this key point a million times.

• On your launcher, you have a profile that when you hit Play, it runs TFC without any minimaps installed. If you don't have this profile anymore, you need to create a new one. Forget everything about minimaps. We don't care about minimaps right this second. What is important is a profile, which has a specific game directory with TFC installed, that runs TFC. To enforce this fact, I want you to type in the name of this profile, and it's game directory. In this post I will refer to it as TFCProfile and C:/TFCProfileGameDirectory
  • Launch TFCProfile. Does it run TFC just fine? Good. That means that in C:/TFCProfileGameDirectory, you have a folder that is called mods, and in this mods folder you installed TFC. Close the game, and open up the launcher again.
  • Now we are going to take TFCProfile, and we are going to add the minimap to it. Open up the mods folder in C:/TFCProfileGameDirectory, and put in the voxelmap file so that it is sitting nicely right next to the TFC .jar file.
  • Do not run TFCProfile just yet, because just putting the map file in the mods folder won't work.
  • Make sure that you still have TFCProfile selected on the launcher. Get all set like you are about to play TFC without any minimaps installed. Good? Now hit "Edit Profile". Do not hit New Profile, or any other button that you see.
  • We're at the editing screen for TFCProfile now, yes? The game directory is still the same C:/TFCProfileGameDirectory and all of your other settings are still the same. Do not edit themFind where it says Use Version: if you set up TFCProfile the same way you did before you started caring about minimaps, it says release 1.7.10-Forge 10.13.1.1217
  • Click the use version box, and scroll up and select the release that says something about LiteLoader. You are selecting this in the editor screen of TFCProfile. You are not selecting this as a different profile on the main launcher screen.
  • Hit Save Profile. The only thing you should have changed with that editor open is the use version. If you edited anything else, you screwed up.
  • Keep TFCProfile selected on the main launcher screen. Don't go selecting another different profile that has some other installation. We edited TFCProfile, and we are going to play TFCProfile.
  • Hit Play.
  • Enjoy your minimap on TFC.

I'm going to make this as simple as possible, because you just don't get it. If after this post you still have issues, I cannot help you as there is some key point that you just do not understand, and I cannot be bothered to try and explain this key point a million times.

• On your launcher, you have a profile that when you hit Play, it runs TFC without any minimaps installed. If you don't have this profile anymore, you need to create a new one. Forget everything about minimaps. We don't care about minimaps right this second. What is important is a profile, which has a specific game directory with TFC installed, that runs TFC. To enforce this fact, I want you to type in the name of this profile, and it's game directory. In this post I will refer to it as TFCProfile and C:/TFCProfileGameDirectory

Exactly, that's the profile I talked about in #1. Where I use the forge-version.

• Launch TFCProfile. Does it run TFC just fine? Good. That means that in C:/TFCProfileGameDirectory, you have a folder that is called mods, and in this mods folder you installed TFC. Close the game, and open up the launcher again.

Yes, it runs just fine.

• Now we are going to take TFCProfile, and we are going to add the minimap to it. Open up the mods folder in C:/TFCProfileGameDirectory, and put in the voxelmap file so that it is sitting nicely right next to the TFC .jar file.

Done.

• Do not run TFCProfile just yet, because just putting the map file in the mods folder won't work.

Ok.

• Make sure that you still have TFCProfile selected on the launcher. Get all set like you are about to play TFC without any minimaps installed. Good? Now hit "Edit Profile". Do not hit New Profile, or any other button that you see.

Also done.

• We're at the editing screen for TFCProfile now, yes? The game directory is still the same C:/TFCProfileGameDirectory and all of your other settings are still the same. Do not edit themFind where it says Use Version: if you set up TFCProfile the same way you did before you started caring about minimaps, it says release 1.7.10-Forge 10.13.1.1217

Exactly, that's what I used before the map.

• Click the use version box, and scroll up and select the release that says something about LiteLoader. You are selecting this in the editor screen of TFCProfile. You are not selecting this as a different profile on the main launcher screen.

Done...

• Hit Save Profile. The only thing you should have changed with that editor open is the use version. If you edited anything else, you screwed up.

The only thing I changed is the "use version" box.

• Keep TFCProfile selected on the main launcher screen. Don't go selecting another different profile that has some other installation. We edited TFCProfile, and we are going to play TFCProfile.

You don't say?

• Hit Play.

*loading*

• Enjoy your minimap on TFC.

*no TFC to be found* It just starts as any other plain Minecraft, only with the VoxelMap mod.

I'm sorry for being harsh, but I'm not stupid and I do get it. And I'm sorry, but your way just doesn't work for a reason. 

I'm not really that unknowing that I made it seem in the first post. I just wanted to get clear directions, so that maybe I could spot where I made something wrong. But no, it seems like I've done it like I should, so apparently there is something else wrong.

When you ran the liteloader installer, did you select the option to integrate it with forge? Or did you just select the plain installation of liteloader.

When you ran the liteloader installer, did you select the option to integrate it with forge? Or did you just select the plain installation of liteloader.

The plain, since that's what the guide I used said. Was that wrong?

Yes. I would suggest you follow the flow chart that is provided on the liteloader minecraft forum post.

Would you look at that, it works :) Thank you for so kindly taking your time and helping me. It's not always easy knowing which guide to follow. :)

When in doubt, always follow the guide that is provided by the person who actually made the mod.. they usually know more about what they are talking about than any person who didn't write it.

Always check official minecraft forum posts first. Then if you are still confused use links that the post provided. Only if they did not provide links are you are still confused should you look to other sources such as youtube or google.